Tom & Jerry 1/10

A bad throwback to early 90s family comedies. Worthless and unfunny.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    The Little Things - 4/10

It's a waste of time, and not in a good way. Denzel had an old man vibe throughout this movie that suggested he took it because he can't handle action anymore.

Your name (Kimi no Na wa) 8/10 - Animation gets a 10/10

This title had the honor of being the first move I watched with my new home theater system and my first time hearing a DTS HDMA audio track.

I'm glad I chose to watch the English Dub with Japanese songs/English subs for the songs so I could enjoy the beautiful animation. I was bored until the time travel plot twist that I honestly didn't see coming, however, it was nothing close to the tear-jerking movie many have claimed it to be. Anyways, overall it was still a solid movie with utterly beautiful artwork.
    I'd give the same to Your name, but i always, always avoid dubs. no good has come from most of then, if it's an option, i'll always go with original audio and subtitles
    "There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
    — Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle)

10+ Year Old Account
    Judas and the Black Messiah - 8/10
    '

The story of the assassination of Fred Hampton through the eyes of an FBI informant. This movie is a cheat code. Great cast of actors. Based on true events, so its hard to screw up the story.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Shadow in the Cloud: 6/10 Not as stupid as the trailers made it look, but still laughably dumb in parts. Creature design was decent. Bonus point for the synth score and Hounds of Love. Kate Bush makes everything better.
    This is very true.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyysmith View Post
    My cousin Vinny 7.5/10
    For some reason I have never seen this film. The Mrs was wanting to see it again so thought why not give it a go. Entertaining, with Pesci and Marisa Tomei both excellent in it.
    Yes, I believe she got the Oscar that year for Best Supporting Actress? Deserved it! Great performances, great movie. Fun watch.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Son (2021) - 8/10

Excellent movie, if you like Hereditary you'll enjoy this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Coming 2 America (2021) - 4/10 and it only scores that high because I enjoyed seeing the African clothes.

Exactly what I expected it to be, a pile of trash that lacks any of the charm/intelligence of the original. Looks like they had way too many writers for this sequel, got drunk and stoned, then watched Black Panther a few times...I mean they even threw in a few stereotypes and had a rap battle... While I'm in favor of equal rights, this is your typical new sequel of a beloved classic that tries to reverse the patriarchy and fails miserably. The only aspect that remained true to the quality of the original were the barbers. However, I did enjoy Wesley Snipes' performance.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

9/10
    I recently watched the movie "Marley and I" and it really impressed me. I was so imbued with this film. The actors played their roles so vitally that it seemed to me as if everything was happening for real, as if everything was happening to me. The film shows love, true love, man's love for man, man's love for an animal - a strong, friendly seed. Of course, the film is predictable and the ending seemed clear to me at first, but how hard it is to lose a faithful friend, emotions flooded over me in full swing and at the end of the film I cried for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post

Coming 2 America (2021) - 4/10 and it only scores that high because I enjoyed seeing the African clothes.

Exactly what I expected it to be, a pile of trash that lacks any of the charm/intelligence of the original. Looks like they had way too many writers for this sequel, got drunk and stoned, then watched Black Panther a few times...I mean they even threw in a few stereotypes and had a rap battle... While I'm in favor of equal rights, this is your typical new sequel of a beloved classic that tries to reverse the patriarchy and fails miserably. The only aspect that remained true to the quality of the original were the barbers. However, I did enjoy Wesley Snipes' performance.
    I love the first movie, and I can't even find the energy to give this one a watch. The whole premise of Akeem having a one-night stand and a child seems like such a lazy reason for a sequel and way out of character. It's like the writers don't even know the character they've written.

Coming 2 America 6/10

I enjoyed parts of it but the film had no cohesion. Also, too wide a cast jockeying for screentime and chewing scenery. Takes too much focus off Murphy and Hall- who are the entire reason to show up.

Mississippi Burning - 9/10 - Finally gave it a watch, and it was a great movie. 33 Years old at this point but still stands today in its themes, sadly, as well as the acting for most parts. Didn't get a full 10-pointer because it felt a bit safe on what it showed, and the music scoring... My LORD, I do NOT miss the times when moviemakers would put loud blaring scores over important speeches to let the music hit home just how S E R I O U S it was. Let the content of the speech do the impact, thanks.

5+ Year Old Account

Hook (1991)

10/10.

Robin Williams played a grown up Peter Pan perfectly. Julia Roberts was okay as Tinkerbell. Dustin Hoffman as Captain Hook was brilliant!
    But it is purely nostalgic for me so that's why I give it a perfect 10!

Plus it is directed by Spielberg himself!

Last edited by monkfailz; 2021-04-24 at 10:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love and Monsters: 7.5/10 The cast was likable, the ride was fun, and even though it was a bit predictable, I appreciate that it all mostly made sense. Dude, it's been 7 years, and Jessica Henwick is cute as hell... of course she was getting banged. But her colony was all old people. Was she getting Oldje'd? Good monster designs. Sweet moments. Boy gets a bonus point.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

5+ Year Old Account
    Monster Trucks (2016) the adult in me isn't allowed to judge.
    The kid in me gives it 10/10 thought it would be crap but it was like an 80s cartoon came to life.
    An actual kid would rate it 20/10 probably

Wrong Turn (2021) - 4/10

This shouldn't even be a Wrong Turn movie, it is something else completely that is filled with unlikeable and woke characters and a lot of lazy horror tropes. The original trilogy was all about deformed canniballs who live in the mountains (or in an abandoned asylum or town in part 4 and 5) and hunted everyone who entered, giving us some fun kills and the canniballs were easily the best characters. It also lasted way to long while a lot of stuff could have been cut without missing anything. At least the cinematography is pretty good.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2021-03-07 at 02:17 AM.

Finally watched it, a bit of a long movie.

Interstellar - 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    I love the first movie, and I can't even find the energy to give this one a watch. The whole premise of Akeem having a one-night stand and a child seems like such a lazy reason for a sequel and way out of character. It's like the writers don't even know the character they've written.
    I'd give Coming to America 2 4/10. It was littered with blatant product placement. The callbacks and cameos were cute (at best), but largely shoehorned in. The racial pandering felt racist, even excluding a certain scene. But the part that made me groan and suffer the whole movie was Akeem was raped. If you swap Akeem's gender, the movie gets incredibly disgusting.... but because he's male, its ok to drug him and force him to have sex he didn't consent to or remember. And hey, lets have his family blame him for getting raped too, because that's funny, right ? On a lesser note, I feel like the son's journey wasn't as compelling as Akeem's in the original. Akeem largely acted out of his own volition, to escape an arranged marriage... whereas his "son" largely let everything happen to him, and then whined and ran when things didn't go the way he wanted, because he changed his mind but didn't speak his mind.

Son 7/10

I enjoyed it. Not consistent enough to be a low-budget awards miracle, but some good acting (not the kid unfortunately) and good writing. There is a lot of wordy dialogue, which is quite weird for a gory horror movie, but it pulls it off (high praise from me). Another weird thing that it does is that it uses very bright lighting at all times for everything. It's also set around the 80s, yet there are smartphones being thrown out of windows and reappearing in the next scene, probably to indicate that it doesn't take itself seriously? Story is compelling despite being unoriginal and tropey. Not a shred of humor. Still, enjoyable horror that was made with a lot of excitement and clarity.

Raya and the Last Dragon 9/10

Great movie for kids. Nothing for adults in this movie, unless you enjoy mean babies and fart jokes, but the most Disney movie they've made in many years; it reminded me of the classics. Very structured and colorful, and just woke enough to be contemporary but stopping short of activism. The animation is almost at Pixar levels too. Just a solid Disney movie. I'd give it a 10 if with the ending it managed to land its one and only moral teaching in a more concrete and profound way after beating it to death for what felt like two hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Freaked: 10/10 Haven't watched this in a very, very long time. It's made with love, the cast is game, the humor is weird, and the makeup effects are wonderful. That's worth all points.

Raya and the Last Dragon: 6/10 I know it's supposed to be a fantasy world, but the distracting hodge-podge of SE Asian visuals, mixed in with music that didn't fit at all, felt like more of a bastardization than homage. Story is standard. A lot of the moments felt forced. Voice actors were decent. Awkwafina is usually OK in smaller doses, but I didn't much mind her here. Her character was actually cute. Not the worst way to waste 107 minutes.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Cosmic Sin 3/10

I really dont know what to say here... They blew 80% of the budget on Bruce Willis and the rest on visuals?

10+ Year Old Account
    Raya and the Last Dragon
    7/10

Loved the movie but not as much as I have liked to, or expected to. I really loved the feel the atheistic and the visuals, the sound, and music, the only things I wasnt particularly fond of was that it felt too Disney. Yea I know a Disney movie that feels like a Disney movie, shocked! But I really could not stand Sisu the dragon. Not a fan. The movie was doing fine until it got to that part, Also the story has that typical cliché message and cliché storytelling, its nothing too special. But while I seem negative its still a lot of fun, plus its for kids, so I cannot complain too much, the other characters are all good and do good work. As a Disney movie its good though. After all of the horrible live action remakes at least this is something that attempts to be new.