The Conjuring 3 - The Devil Made Me Do It: 7/10

Not as good as the first two, but still a decent movie, even if I'm desensitized by Conjuring-style jump scares by now. (I hadn't been scared of horror movies since I was young from watching so many as a kid but even I found the first two creepy and effective with jump scares.) Even if not an effective horror movie due to Conjuring fatigue, it's still an enjoyable film. The actors are enjoyable as always, and share great chemistry.

Fear Street 1994 8/10
    Terrific. I had so much fun watching this movie.

Quiet Place 2 8/10
    Second viewing. I appreciated it a lot more from a filmmaking POV. Well made film.

Censor 7/10
    Very cool premise. Great setup too. Little rough around the edges in terms of acting and writing. But this has a lot going for it.

The Tomorrow War.

Solid 4/10.

Premise was silly.
    Action was sort of OK.
    World building was subpar.
    Monsters had potential but somehow fell short.
    J.K Simmons was excellent. As always. I've been a fan since Whiplash, and a huge fan since Counterpart.

The Tomorrow War:

6/10, because I'm biased

Entertaining, but build up is way too short, acting is weird, its good some parts, but bad other(like when Pratt yells to dad aka Simmons when they first meet in the movie, wtf was that)

Premise of the story is good I think, it got a nice twist, but the delivery of the movie overall aint that great.

But, I love movies like that, I was entertained, I like Pratt and Simmons(Best Jameson, funny every time) so it was fine.

FF9- I don't think it's possible to rate these movies higher than a 3/10 and the 3 is just for fun of it. However launching a Pontiac Fiero into space and turning it into a rocket ship shot my rating to a solid 12/10

Quote Originally Posted by scientific View Post
    However launching a Pontiac Fiero into space and turning it into a rocket ship shot my rating to a solid 12/10
    Okay I gotta see this now.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Sudden Moves - 7/10 -

I wasn't feeling movie at first. Felt like it was trying to be gangster/mob movie but didn't understand why people like them. It got better as time went on though. It's not the best crime movie but not the the worst. It's good crime movie filler, not if you're knocking back some old classics and need a change. The performances were what you would expect from this cast. The plot familiar but different enough. Solid. I would watch it with someone who hasn't seen it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    The Tomorrow War:

6/10, because I'm biased

Entertaining, but build up is way too short, acting is weird, its good some parts, but bad other(like when Pratt yells to dad aka Simmons when they first meet in the movie, wtf was that)

Premise of the story is good I think, it got a nice twist, but the delivery of the movie overall aint that great.

But, I love movies like that, I was entertained, I like Pratt and Simmons(Best Jameson, funny every time) so it was fine.
    I feel like they tried too hard to make it Pratt's Independence Day. Halfway through I thinking to myself that Pratt was one good performance in a drama from being the white Will Smith. Then the movie threw up all over itself and I wondered what they were thinking.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

In honor of it's 30th anniversary.

Terminator 2: 10/10 - It's perfect, even with it's lovable child actor who should have been recast after the first day. Thank God the studio never decided to make more sequels.

I'm curious as to what happened to the James Cameron style, it seems with Avatar he just kind of lost that style that made his movies instantly recognizable.

Also Tomorrow War, a 7/10

The start was really good, the middle was really good to a point but then by the 'end of the middle' it slips sharply, you as the viewer are kind of sold on this being drafted to the future to fight a war, but with all that build up, 'you' go there once then it quickly turns into a gimmick and this extinction event becomes a small family affair, its jarring, while it continued to look good, all enjyment was sapped out t along with just hmm how meanginless a lot of the plot was.

The score I gave is mostly for the first half and for the still nice to mindlessy watch action later on.

A quiet place 2 5/10

Nothing really happened. It felt like they took a movie, cut out the entire plot and gave you a look at the day-to-day life of living in this world.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    In honor of it's 30th anniversary. Terminator 2: 10/10 - It's perfect, even with it's lovable child actor who should have been recast after the first day. Thank God the studio never decided to make more sequels.
    Terminator; Dark Fate, is the Cameron-blessed 3rd movie. (seems to hit every note perfectly. Throws in some subtle cues about humanity. That said, I don't know why fans never mention the Chronicles as a continuation of that 2nd movie)
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I'm curious as to what happened to the James Cameron style, it seems with Avatar he just kind of lost that style that made his movies instantly recognizable.
    He got lost in the ocean. And he'll insist on sharing that fascination with everybody in the next Avatar movie.

Underworld 2 - 3/10

I'd rather watch Twilight again, at least it had a bunch of weird shots and actor's expressions to laugh at. Underworld was absolutely bland and boring, the only good thing it had was characterization. Northern Vampires looked pretty cool.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Tomorrow War - 5/10

Wasn't going to watch i, butt IGN called it stupid, so I had free time and HAD to watch it. This movie is a roller coaster of quality. General premise really isn't a spoiler because its in the description, humanity is fighting an apocalyptic war across time. Humans from the future show up in the present so that the present can send reinformenents to the future. Youre immediate thought is...why not just reinforce the present right? Eventually thats explained, and the plot makes a little bit of sense. Acting is fine, its an action movie. Movie continues to progress like an action movie, the twist is revealed. Decent so far. And then for whatever reason the movie just loses its mind and falls apart. If only someone could have predicted the future. Then you wonder why theres so much time left in the movie and why certain characters are still being featured...suddenly everyone is dumb. The characters seem to forget that time travel is involved or how its adequately defined earlier in the movie. Its amazing this is the same movie. I don't know how the editor, the writer, the director, and the producer of this movie didn't get into a fist fight. Someone chose to put out the latter half of this movie and they have some explaining to do. By the end I was yelling at them to stop killing the movie. Going to give a rare apology to IGN, they called this one right.
    Yea one of the reviewers I watched this weekend described it as 'yea it was stupid fun - but then wth on the ending?" They described it almost as having the first part of a 2nd movie tacked onto the end of the first movie. The "Neverending Ending" comparing it to LOTR's 'ongoing endings' - is the way they were joking about the last 30-45 minutes of this movie.

I'm sure I'll watch it as I can turn the brain way off for a fun "kill aliens action movie" - but I'm already aware of the 'endings' problems. lol.

And to keep it on topic - though I've watched very, very, very few movies the last few months due to 99% of them being "meh" (like Tomorrow War, most of them being streaming movies and all those don't seem to ever get above a C+ rating heh).

Monster Hunter - 0/10 - Couldn't even give it past 30 minutes. Not my review but hubby tried to watch this yesterday for 'something stupid with action' and apparently found it "too stupid" to give it more than 30 minutes. He already had low standards, he knew it was Mila+ Husband but as we've been able to at least be entertained by all the Resident Evils they've done, he at least thought he could be entertained enough. HA - apparently not. After 30 minutes he texted me and said "I tried but its too stupid. It gave me COVID."
    Last edited by Koriani; 2021-07-06 at 06:03 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Ben Hur 9/10
    Say what you will about a religious themed movie, they knew how to make 'em, and make 'em entertaining...even clocking over 3hrs.
    Fucking epic...

Raya and the Last Dragon.

6.5/10

Typical Disney, didn't particularly do anything special for me. Great sound and visuals, fun moments, otherwise forgettable in every other meaningful way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tomorrow War: 5/10

I donno, it was passable. Definitely garden variety sci fi schlock. Not gonna lie, I watched it for Yvonne. Could definitely have cut off the entire last part though.

The Tomorrow War - 2/10

People call it "So dumb it's fun!", I'd just call it dumb. Got talked into watching it instead of rewatching The Fighter. Time I'll never recoup. Gave it a 2 because creature design was freaky at least.

Just watched Kairo (2001) on Youtube. Overall 7/10.

Cinematography and overall aesthetic was very good, in keeping with much Japanese horror. Some very creepy scenes and no cheap jump scares.

Points deducted because the film never explains a major part of the movie: why were people disappearing? Despite the plot frustrations I enjoyed it.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-07-10 at 05:42 PM.

Luca 8/10

I'm glad they're trying out different looks for their movies and branching out from that "Pixar" style they've gone with since Toy Story. overall a fun casual summer feel good movie, so really nothing to complain about or praise. I mean other than all the actual decent movies Disney is putting up on Disney+ are ones that don't charge 30$ to watch on a sub based service... so dumb.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-07-10 at 05:12 PM.

Fear Street:1978 7/10

I loved it! But they took a long time to get to the kills and I would have liked more kills earlier. I also felt some kills could have been much more spectacular.

Still had such a fun time watching it. Wholesome Horror fan delight.