Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Best Race fo PvE Warlock lvl 85

title says it all rly, i think its going to be between Orcs and Goblins rest are not even close, and i dont mean who look best i mean witch give best DPS boost

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm not really trolls have the 20% Haste CD

Orcs have 600 SP CD + 5% More dmg with Minion

Deleted
    Orc is the best. But really mate play whatever race you really like. The dps boost from race is redicusly low and it is defenatly not going to make u outdps the others if u aint in the same skill!
    And for those that will go and say things like "race matters etc" check top guilds and tell me how many orc locks u see

Eh, I'll always be a gnome warlock. Just something deliciously evil about it.

If not gnome then Worgen, but Im 99% sure that I will be sticking as my Gnome for Cata !
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.

really just play what race you want. the racial boost is worth nothing much at all
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by patixas View Post
    Orc is the best. But really mate play whatever race you really like. The dps boost from race is redicusly low and it is defenatly not going to make u outdps the others if u aint in the same skill!
    And for those that will go and say things like "race matters etc" check top guilds and tell me how many orc locks u see
    While yes the dps boost is low, most people in top end guilds will go for the best race because they're the players that get the biggest benefit.
    I'm pretty sure paragons locks, ensidias locks and adepts locks are all Orc?(first 3 horde top 20 guilds I thought of)
    When I'm sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Killainstnct View Post
    While yes the dps boost is low, most people in top end guilds will go for the best race because they're the players that get the biggest benefit.
    I'm pretty sure paragons locks, ensidias locks and adepts locks are all Orc?(first 3 horde top 20 guilds I thought of)
    Not always.

I have always leaned towards the forsaken, imo they have some of the best racials, will of the forsaken and cannibalize.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    @ Andromalia: As someone who's in a high-ranking US guild when is it fine to not be the "best race"?
    The fact of the matter is that there is no "best race". Take a look at Paragon's Cho'gall video and you'll see a keybind for Will of the Forsaken, obviously meaning that Manni plays Undead. I've never really had much trouble in the way of competitive dps as a Blood Elf, though I will be reluctantly moving to Goblin in Cataclysm.

Personally I think the Goblin and Troll racials will scale better over the expansion, or maybe they'll just be better once we get heroic gear, so the Orc racial was buffed to compensate because it doesn't scale at all. I'll be going Goblin once my Cataclysm install has finished registering as I expect the passive 1% casting speed to be better than the Troll cooldown.

@ People laughing at the Troll racial: 20% of your current haste scales. 600 Spell power will always be 600 Spell power.

@ Andromalia: As someone who's in a high-ranking US guild when is it fine to not be the "best race"?

Welcome to the fact that in ideal situations with no moving, perfect crits, no interrupting your rotation, no nothing other than a perfect fight, one race would do around 200-300 more dps in BiS gear with the icc 30% buff. It's the most exaggerated it will ever get and even then the game isn't built around 200 or 300 dps more let alone the fact that you will never experience a perfect dps situation ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh we need someone with a SimCraft to do the exact math of this, and i still think its going to be between goblins and orcs

Deleted
    troll/orc racials are pretty neat. sp and haste.

orc/troll imo
    Intel i7 2600k | NZXT Havik 140 | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 3x Liyama E2407HDS(5760x1080) | Intel 520 Series 120GB
    2x EVGA GTX 690 SC Signature 4096MB in SLI | 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2133 | CoolMaster HAF X

Deleted
    Really like my ud lock but the racials make me sad. Depending on which one of my favorite two characters (lock and shaman) I'll pick as main, one of them will become a tiny but awesome goblin. Race change from ud to goblin is a dps-increase but from orc to goblin I'm really not sure. But like many else already put out there, pick whatever race you like. If you're not playing competitive numbers come second imo..

10+ Year Old Account
    im not sure why ppl keep saying troll, troll is no way a dps increase over orcs

orcs 600 SP CD + 5% more Minion DMG

Trolls 20% Haste CD

Now some say the SP CD is better and some Say the 20% haste is better but when you add the 5% more Minion dmg to orcs i think no one can disagree that Orcs win

but what im not sure of is the Goblin vs Orc dps increase difference

@ People laughing at the Troll racial: 20% of your current haste scales. 600 Spell power will always be 600 Spell power.
    It's not 20% of your haste, it's 20% increased casting speed. There is a lot of difference between the two.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=26297

If you have 200 haste rating which translates to 10% casting speed increase @ your level, you will have a 30% casting speed increase with Berserking popped, not 240 haste rating (or 12% casting speed increase) like you said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
    HA! I have to admit I only play WoW for the homoerotic innuendoes

Had the same topic a few days back, that's what I wrote

Quote Originally Posted by lancore89
    Orc: 585 SP for 15 sec, 120 sec CD = average of 73,125 SP (SP, no Int)
    Goblin:1% haste = 128 haste rating.

Depending on your spec, the current simcraft with BiS T11 heroic gear lists SP about twice as valuable as haste.
    That alone would put the orc to the front, but add another +5% petdamage (which I guesstimate would be about 5% for 20% for about 20k dps... 200 DPS?) and we have a clear winner.

Strictly for PvE damage that is, but hands down, nothing beat the other goblin racials in form of convenience (bank access, npc discounts, etc)!

Edit: forgot the goblin rocket barrage...
    the barrage deals (1 + 0.25 * AP.429 * $SPFI + level * 2 + $INT * 0.50193) damage every 2 min (off the gcd). with about 5500 int in T11, that would be 2.932 damage. That would be about 24 dps, a bit more if it can crit. Still wouldn't beat the orc.
    I will probably transfer away to goblin from orc. Their racials probably aren't that good in terms of pure dps, but hey! Goblins are awesome!
    Last edited by lancore89; 2010-12-03 at 02:41 PM.
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

I think the answer to that is "when you're going for world / server firsts, you take every possible dps increase available" but I could be wrong.

Yes, I'm aware that racials are an extremely small dps increase. What I'm saying is that the size of the increase is irrelavent, it's an increase therefore you take it. My original question to Andromalia wasn't meant as sarcasm, I'm genuinely curious to the 'actual' attitude of high-ranking raiding guilds as opposed to the attitude that some people *think* they have.

If the racials weren't so terrible for PvE dps classes I'd still be a blood elf
    I'll sum it up with this. Being good doesn't mean picking the most OP racial you can find to edge out 20-30dps. It means knowing how to use the racials you have in the best way possible to defeat a difficult encounter. For me, BloodElf just doesn't have that anymore and that's why I'm going Goblin. It's the class that I prefer given my choices (I didn't like Orc and don't like trolls) and I feel the racials for Goblin will serve me well.

I should also point out that while everyone is stunned and you've popped WotF and are wailing on the boss, you are doing more dps. Don't count out Undead!!!