Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    This mount has me thinking about ditching Engineering. Does anyone know of how rare it is to 'discover' the recipe?
    I predict it to be quite rare. But we can only know this when a big number of people gets this recipe from the discoveries. Everything would just be speculation at this point.
    Im hoping its not that random to get like it sounds to be. As we all know rng can be a bitch sometimes so people who couldnt or simply do not want to spent that much gold on a mount get the recipe and people actually looking for them dont have enough rng luck to get it before spending thousands of gold for doing pots/flasks to get the discovery. Perhaps you learn it when you have discovered all other available recipes. This way only people who spent a lot of effort into alchemy will get the recipe and then its well deserved.

If youre starting from scratch with alchemy just to get this mount i'll predict you will have to pay LOTS of gold to get (much more than the 30k) if you dont make a lot of profit out of the pots.

OP here, I'm looking for a concrete answer to this question. I have read countless threads where people say that they think it will do this or that. If you know the answer for sure please add a source. I realize that some of you may have heard something from a guy and that guy was told from his friend in beta.

Point is, I'm don't want to get my hopes up then get ready to dump 30k+ gold to just another mount. For 30k gold it has to have something more than just a side seat. Take the tundra mammoth, it costs somewhere around 17k gold and it has vendors. The vendors are what make the huge amount of gold worth while and I hope they do the same with this one.

No one has definite answers, wait til tuesday.

my guess is that you would dismount/shift out of the form, purely because i cant imagine blizzard doing dragon gathering animations

Quote Originally Posted by Giethra View Post
    OP here, I'm looking for a concrete answer to this question. I have read countless threads where people say that they think it will do this or that. If you know the answer for sure please add a source. I realize that some of you may have heard something from a guy and that guy was told from his friend in beta.

Point is, I'm don't want to get my hopes up then get ready to dump 30k+ gold to just another mount. For 30k gold it has to have something more than just a side seat. Take the tundra mammoth, it costs somewhere around 17k gold and it has vendors. The vendors are what make the huge amount of gold worth while and I hope they do the same with this one.
    I'm answering with a quoute of my answer to you OP

I dont think anybody has ever seen it in action so i dont think theres a clear answer to this at the moment.
    Nobody has EVER obtained this mount so far. Not in beta nor obviously on live. NO ONE KNOWS! (except blizzard)

I would vote on /cancel effect on object interaction... only cuz of the fact of how silly a dragon with a mining pick in his claw would look like.

Also this is NOT discovered, there is a recipe in the game database http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/67538/r...-of-the-sands/ ... its BoP as you can see, and so far noone can tell where it's from.

I think i'll vote that it's from either a heroic boss or a raid boss, ofc it only drops if you got an alchemist in the group, and only he / she can see it.

As much as I dislike Worgen, a Worgen Druid with this 'mount' would be superb.

'I can now transform into a Worgen, a Cat, a Bear, a Moonkin, a Bird AND a Dragon, YOUR ARGUEMENT IS INVALID!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovansjo View Post
    That answer was just... Did you even try to answer his question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Giethra View Post
    If I obtain this mount will it allow me to herb, mine without dismounting (like druid flight form) or does it act like a normal flyer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    No... It's just a regular mount only available through Alchemy. Nothing special.
    Wut?

Looks like he answered the question perfectly to me??

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    Wut?

Looks like he answered the question perfectly to me??
    So where exactly did he have this information from? When nothing regarding this question was stated by blizzard and no one ever obtained the recipe nor did create the mount? Speculation is speculation.

To take the speculation further lets compare the tooltips from Vial of the sands and Swift flight form:

Swift Flight form: Shapeshift into swift flight form, increasing movement speed by 280% and allowing you to fly. Cannot use in combat.
    Vial of the Sands: Teaches you how to transform into a dragon, allowing you to fly very fast and carry an ally on your back.

One says transform one says shapeshift. That could lead to them being not the same and therefore being treated differently in terms of gathering. Still thats pure speculation.
    Last edited by Culexus; 2010-12-03 at 04:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    So where exactly did he have this information from? When nothing regarding this question was stated by blizzard and no one ever obtained the recipe nor did create the mount? Speculation is speculation.
    I didn't say he was right. I was responding to Ovansjo who accused Spectrez of not answering the question.

24k gold for the vendor-bought materials, -10% if you get the guild discount~

10+ Year Old Account
    30k?! o.o

Anyways, I guess we'll have to waita nd find out.

Its a alch recipe found through the digs and you have to be an alch to make it or it won't drop for you even.

I don't know what you people have a hard time comprehending that. Just like the flying carpet if you dislearn alch this mount will no longer be useable.

Can somebody tell me if you HAVE to buy stuff from vendors to get this mount or are you able to farm for mats reducing it's cost from 25-30k to something lower?

Yes you must buy the matts from the vendor just like the chopper currently in wrath. You need 8 Sands of Time which are 2700g a piece and you need one Pyrium-Laced Crystalline Vial which is 5000g bringing the total to 26,600 gold in pure vendor costs.

OT: Thanks for the replies so far, I wasn't sure if anyone had gotten it in beta yet and was hoping for someone to know something that I didn't about the mount. Guess we will have to wait till Tuesday to get bombarded with new quests, zones, mounts, dungeons, raids, battlegrounds and much more.

I just really hope the recipe isn't insanely hard to get. I'd say the mats and gold are enough.

Also. People are saying the sands are 2,700 and the vial is 4,500. These are both with the 10% level 24 guild discount. The real price is 3k per sand and 5k per vial.
    Last edited by redsunrising15; 2010-12-04 at 03:30 AM.

It's going to be a money-sink, but it's going to be so, so, so worth it. It literally turns YOU into a mount and someone else rides you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerakal View Post
    Giggity.
    This. Oh, the implications.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    ouch, this thing is pretty intense to make.. seems cool but I hope it isn't 30k, if so that would be amazingly stupid... for one.. engineer mount was like 16k, and the carpets and helicopters for engineer/tailors arent that much, i mean come on.. blizz please dont kill meh mt o 'gold =(

Some people paid 16-20k for the dalaran mammoth mount which has a reagent and repair vendor which can be replaced by 2 people.
    - The looks of the mammoth are not that special
    - Expensive and not heirloom or anything so having a mount with vendors is practically useless unless you're helping out other people or when at a raid.

Vial of the Sands one looks very cool and you can bring someone on your back, the only thing I hope is that they make it work like any other "transformation"-spells and let's you mount even in combat (except for in dungeons), because it is a transformation .. you're not mounting something.

I think the money sink is quite big for a BoP mount.
    Chopper is 15k but is BoE.
    Carpets and helicopters are BoP but much cheaper.

So 30k for a BoP seems quite expensive :/, So i hope when it goes live it will become a lot cheaper if it turns out to be only BoP.
    If it would be BoE, I think 30k would be the correct price.