Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Vial of the Sands.

I have searched a few well-known websites for more information on this amazing alchemy mount, however, I have yet to see any concrete information about how it acts with gathering proffesions. If I obtain this mount will it allow me to herb, mine without dismounting (like druid flight form) or does it act like a normal flyer?

10+ Year Old Account
    No... It's just a regular mount only available through Alchemy. Nothing special.

It isn't REALLY a regular mount since other players can mount you.
    Giggity.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    No... It's just a regular mount only available through Alchemy. Nothing special.
    That answer was just... Did you even try to answer his question?

If you'd ask me what I prefer, vanilla or chocolate, can I answer "Yes!"?

And since it isn't really a regular mount (you're actually transforming) which is not something common with our mounts nowadays huh?

Actually this is a real good question. Would be very nice since my alch is also a herbalist and no druid. Not that this would be the reason to aim for a mount costing ~30k gold but it would indeed be nice. I dont think anybody has ever seen it in action so i dont think theres a clear answer to this at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovansjo View Post

And since it isn't really a regular mount (you're actually transforming) which is not something common with our mounts nowadays huh?
    From my understanding it works off the same game mechanic as Running Wild, yes you transform but any action outside of movement and putting on gear will dismount you/cancel the effect like a normal mount does now. Unlike a druids shapeshift that does allow you to do many things still in form, it's still considered a "mount effect".

I guess you'll just have to get it and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Actually this is a real good question. Would be very nice since my alch is also a herbalist and no druid. Not that this would be the reason to aim for a mount costing ~30k gold but it would indeed be nice. I dont think anybody has ever seen it in action so i dont think theres a clear answer to this at the moment.
    Seriously, 30k? Guess i have some more farming to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zosimo View Post
    Seriously, 30k? Guess i have some more farming to do.
    Gold in cataclysm is grossly inflated. 30k will not seem like so much later on

Great question Bro. I hope we can gather without "dismounting". It would greatly make me want to give my Worgen Alch instead of Eng.

How will we learn this? Is it going to be a drop or can we just buy it like the hog

Quote Originally Posted by glorithan View Post
    Gold in cataclysm is grossly inflated. 30k will not seem like so much later on
    Didn't think about that. I was looking forward to this mount, and I absolutely hate farming for anything.

It will be a discovery. And it will be BoP of course.

How will you discover it? Dungeons or what i guess that just is kind of weird to me i guess

Quote Originally Posted by ruffster View Post
    How will you discover it? Dungeons or what i guess that just is kind of weird to me i guess
    When you are making potions/flasks etc you have the possibility of a discovery proc. The recipe is learnt through that mechanic as far as we know. At least thats what a lot of people are speculating how you obtain it.
    Last edited by Culexus; 2010-12-04 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovansjo View Post

He answered the question perfectly fine, take your head out of your ass.

It doesn't matter whatsoever if you're transforming, it still functions as a regular mount when really the only difference is the animation that instead of a mount appearing underneath you, you turn into the mount itself, it might aswell be a reskinned RAF rocket.
    Last edited by Lolsteak; 2010-12-03 at 02:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

I wanted to make as soon as i could when server were up... ha

10+ Year Old Account
    This mount has me thinking about ditching Engineering. Does anyone know of how rare it is to 'discover' the recipe?

10+ Year Old Account
    i actually have my own question to ask concerning the mount.

If when you get it and add it to your mount list inventory, if you drop the alech profession afterward can you still Use the mount? or is it like the magic carpet where it requires a certain skill lvl of the profession to use it? from what i've been able to find it doesn't say one way or the other and i haven't seen anything saying one way or the other. cause if that works on top of it acting like the druid flight form then i'm definitely dropping tailoring.
    O.o