Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If you want it to be harder tame naked the rest of us will take the 7 sec cast time thanks.

Shorter time is more convenience than anything else.
    What makes it a joke is more what you can tame, say chromaggus etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    Why does everyone need to complain about everything? Seriously?
    Just shows people will complain about ANYTHING.

10+ Year Old Account
    how often do you tame a pet that it really matters? and 7 seconds, should be 4. I've had 3 spirit beast murdered half way through the tame by failmode hordelings who can't handle the fact they lost it because they afk'ed while camping.

oh, and time spent does not equal skill

Quote Originally Posted by Disgrace View Post
    I love the shortened cast time for taming... without it i dont think i would have been able to get my Lord Kri BM pet from AQ40 between the fear that he does...
    pets the fear and crap KILL tames and most of em did it like every 10 sec

Brain cancer, it's everywhere.
    The end of dreams and origin of nightmares.

I agree with the sentiment but not with the whining cry baby way it was said.

One of my best WoW memories was taming my first Devilsaur. You had to find it first then you had a real battle on your hands to tame that thing. I died many times before getting it tamed and it felt great when I did. If it would have taken 7 seconds and been a given it would not have been memorable.

I think they lowered the cast time because they just want to make all aspects of the game easier for the super casual player and the kid who expects to get everything he wants immediately. While I support a lot of the changes for reasons that are beyond the scope of this topic this one seems to cross the line. Learning how to properly tame a pet was part a being a hunter.

I think it's a joke!

Why do Hunters even get to tame! THAT'S NOT FAIR! I WANT TO TAME WITH MY PALADIN!

WAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhh...

Sense? None of it.

...anyway... I think they made it shorter cause for a short while, I saw spurts of 'wah, I was taming such and such and someone killed it for shits and giggles' Namely that sparky wolf and the glowing cat in Northrend.

I'm surprised you're not also complaining that taming something no longer reduces your armor as well now.

Quote Originally Posted by computernerd View Post
    shorter time is more convenience than anything else.
    What makes it a joke is more what you can tame, say chromaggus etc.
    you can tame chromaggus omfg ima so going to do it.....
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

It does make elites a tad easier to tame, but that's about it. what horrible "I did it first the hard way so I don't ever want it easier" pet did you tame?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    you still can stand there by another 4 seconds after the tame and complete the 11 secs

Hmm, you complain on these forums, but you're almost bragging on the realm forums..

make up your mind, Romire.

Hasn't it always been a joke? That's what, 8 seconds below?

RomireVids, stand down and let your master strike you down with hatred!

/TWM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    Its gone from 15 seconds, to a mere 7 second tame,

To those who are hunters, would you call this an Improvement, a joke, or sheer idiotcy?
    Why would you complain? That's almost as dumb as saying lvling is to fast.
    The first explanation means you don't know. The second means you don't understand. The third means you can't accept the answer.

Taming was never really hard.
    Most hunters would just drop a freeze trap and tame while the animal is frozen.
    The cut down if anything is one for convenience, not because taming was "Hard"

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG... I LOVE the faster way of Taming. You get those damn rares faster B4 they Kill ya.

Freeze Taps tho are useless to those Immune to them.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter123 View Post
    I agree with the sentiment but not with the whining cry baby way it was said.

One of my best WoW memories was taming my first Devilsaur. You had to find it first then you had a real battle on your hands to tame that thing. I died many times before getting it tamed and it felt great when I did. If it would have taken 7 seconds and been a given it would not have been memorable.

I think they lowered the cast time because they just want to make all aspects of the game easier for the super casual player and the kid who expects to get everything he wants immediately. While I support a lot of the changes for reasons that are beyond the scope of this topic this one seems to cross the line. Learning how to properly tame a pet was part a being a hunter.
    Reducing the cast time of tame pet is crossing the line? It was done just so the casuals wouldn't have to work to tame the pet? There are some people, in my opinion, who really just don't even deserve to play world of warcraft.

taming became a joke when the boss in BWL became tamable,

10+ Year Old Account
    It's awesome, now I shall tame myself some 40man bosses!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    Hasn't it always been a joke? That's what, 8 seconds below?

RomireVids, stand down and let your master strike you down with hatred!

/TWM
    You have no right, you're no hunter.