Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    LOVED THE COMIC!

QQ MOAR! Submit a ticket.

Best punch line ever for a comic.

Also I agree with above. As a scribe myself I see no problem with a handful of week glyphs given out by the trainer as an introduction to the system. I could see how someone new could miss this entirely. Especially knowing how easy it is to over look some things in this massive game that most of us are veterans of.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I can see the complaints about ferals even more rampant now that rake does full damage while shifted from cat. Wonder if they implemented the same for rip.

Lovin the daily blink. Keep em coming

Quote Originally Posted by Rameth29 View Post
    LOVED THE COMIC!

QQ MOAR! Submit a ticket.

Best punch line ever for a comic.

Also I agree with above. As a scribe myself I see no problem with a handful of week glyphs given out by the trainer as an introduction to the system. I could see how someone new could miss this entirely. Especially knowing how easy it is to over look some things in this massive game that most of us are veterans of.
    ^This. If anything it might actually increase overall glyph sales. New player gets his free weak glyph and reads that more powerful ones can be made by other players. New player wanders off to find out what glyphs he can get, or at least files the information away for later when he has more money. As it is, you could easily completely miss the glyph system until a more experienced player points it out to you or helps you. It's not particularly obvious.

awww no rogue fix for combat /cry

Oh how I hope my Drowned Thunder Lizard Tail is still in my bag when I get home... second favorite item of 4.0.3a.

The Devs have not touched Ret Pally's in weeks. wtf!?

10+ Year Old Account
    ROFL @ Daily Blink! xD

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    Really!?! Because they haven't raped Inscription enough already? For that guy crying what's next. Is he going to come onto the forums and say "hey, you know blue boes are really expensive at level 19, I think you should give out a good set".
    You're really comparing handing out some beginner glyphs in a videogame to rape? Absolutely nothing will be negatively affected by a trainer handing out cheap starter glyphs.

I've done the new quests, it isn't hard by any means to make money now on them. Level 30 and you are getting rewards worth 1g to vendor. This is just a clear case of I wants it noa, give it. I really can't stand that.
    You need to find something worth ranting about in life. If it's so easy to make money from quests, than you won't care about the lost income from people starting out with some glyphs. You're coming off like some of the worst stereotypes that play this game--the raging neckbeard who hates the filthy casuals wrecking his sense of videogame accomplishment.

10+ Year Old Account
    still no dire brew Hotfix or?

I don't mind those beginner tooltips at all, but it would be nice if they'd be more complete. "Use the WASD keys to turn" isn't exactly going to teach new players to stay out of fire - the possibility to use the mouse isn't even mentioned let alone suggested. There's also little mention of something other than "CLICKING" your spells and the fact that most spellbars are disabled by default, as Newcomers forum will prove time and again, remains ever so confusing.

# The Alliance shaman quest “Blessing of the Elements” in Stormwind was not providing rewards for all talent specializations. It now rewards either an Agility-based axe for Enhancement shaman, or an Intellect-based axe for Restoration/Elemental shaman.
    Oh I'm so glad they fixed the Alliance version. However, I just recently leveled a Horde Shaman and it was messed up for them also.

The proc buff from the talent Shooting Stars should no longer be consumed without providing its benefits if the druid is already casting Starsurge.
    And yeah, ^^ not true for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadew View Post
    I take it you play on a server where Glyphs aren't 250g a piece. I can understand the suggestion of giving lowbies one of the many useless weak glyphs that are offered to players through inscritption, for every class there is literally a handful that are useful and many many many useless glyphs that no one in their right mind would bother purchasing. Is giving lowbies one of those really going to hurt your profession? No, stop crying.
    How long have glyphs been that pricey on your server? is it all of them, or mostly just the glyphs affected by the new race/class combos (which, come to think of it, might be all classes?). Prices will be a little crazy for a few months because of the new combos and then again for goblin and worgen chars. After that, when people have filled up their little glyph books, prices will level out again. I dont think that giving away starter glyphs would completely break the inscription profession, but I do think inscription is in kind of a weird place at the moment.

1) Its weird that a fairly major game play mechanic relies solely on player crafting (a comparable mechanic might be alchemy, since pots are so heavily used, but its not totally the same). Its almost like having to find crafters for talent points or spells. Kinda odd.

2) I suppose you could compare glyphs to other craftable items that become permanent on the character, such as pets maybe, but craftable pets also sell for kind of a lot. But glyphs take up kind of a lot of herbs, similar to alchemy again, but pots are one use (i havent done a mats comparison on pots vs glyphs or anything, so i'm not saying its a 1:1 ratio or exactly the same).

3) At the moment, glyphs and cards are all a scribe does, there isnt much diversity, and demand for glyphs I think will go down and cards are random so its very much a luck based thing how much money you will make off of cards. On the other hand, maybe people will be more inclined to buy a full set of glyphs; people are inclined to "complete the set".

So, like I said, I don't think it would break the game, but why give out the glyphs at all? Do we give out starter enchants? We get pots from quests, but alchemists can sell an infinite amount of pots. Is a level 30 character going to suffer greatly by not getting a glyph for all his glyph slots? Leveling 1-60 (and beyond) is SO FAST now that you can reach a level where you make decent gold pretty quickly. I don't know if this is so much about a bit of gold. At least for me, it just would seem like a weird precedent to set, but inscription is already kind of a weird profession.

p.s. - I just remembered off hands and vellums for inscription. so before anyone is like "UH! HELLO! you forgot these!" i thought i would mention them. is there a market for these that i'm missing? i know vellums are used, but they dont seem to be much of a money generator (in my limited experience).

That Daily Blink is awesome xD

Quote Originally Posted by lihab View Post
    p.s. - I just remembered off hands and vellums for inscription. so before anyone is like "UH! HELLO! you forgot these!" i thought i would mention them. is there a market for these that i'm missing? i know vellums are used, but they dont seem to be much of a money generator (in my limited experience).
    Vellums can now be purchased from the enchanting vendor. And there is only one type, no more separations by armor/weapon, or level.

LOL. They Daily Blink is great today.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    The comic is one of the best ever seriously loled

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, the Daily Blink comic is perfect!

"The proc buff from the talent Shooting Stars should no longer be consumed without providing its benefits if the druid is already casting Starsurge"

Excellent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    The Devs have not touched Ret Pally's in weeks. wtf!?
    Yeah and rogue's whats that about.

Oh wait you said weeks... not months my bad.
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |