Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    <3 teh daily blink its cuteeeee <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to stand in the fire so bad. Ugh, he'll never visit my zone. Also, boooo about removing my awesome big blue ball of electric flame! I had that puppy macro'd to my rocket boots (belt now). It was sick. I have no sweet animations as a warrior.

Hahaha I love how nerds are complaining about the beginner tooltips. They're insulting their own intelligence by not being able to uncheck a box. Jesus. Worst community ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    Really!?! Because they haven't raped Inscription enough already? For that guy crying what's next. Is he going to come onto the forums and say "hey, you know blue boes are really expensive at level 19, I think you should give out a good set".

I've done the new quests, it isn't hard by any means to make money now on them. Level 30 and you are getting rewards worth 1g to vendor. This is just a clear case of I wants it noa, give it. I really can't stand that. Things feel so much better if you really work for them. Now to clarify I'm not one of those people that raged because dual spec got lowered in level/cost. I thought it was cool, and it would give people more incentive to try out new specs. I didn't rage about the northrend flight being lowered even though I bought it on 6 of my 80s at 1k. I don't really get mad about stuff like that, it helps the game some. This kind of thing though is what blizz is developing. They seem to be making a community of people that just want things handed to them.

Just my opinion.
    stop raping the AH and the problem will be solved, theres no way a lvl 25 player is gonna be able to buy 3 glyphs at 80-150g a piece if they dont already have a high lvl toon that has some high lvl toon money on it. I just rolled a new toon on a different server, i'm lvl 26 and i've sold everything i've ever picked up that wasnt a quest item and i am an enchanter so i'm de'ing the items and selling the mats on the AH and i only have 24g...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadew View Post
    I take it you play on a server where Glyphs aren't 250g a piece. I can understand the suggestion of giving lowbies one of the many useless weak glyphs that are offered to players through inscritption, for every class there is literally a handful that are useful and many many many useless glyphs that no one in their right mind would bother purchasing. Is giving lowbies one of those really going to hurt your profession? No, stop crying.

My profession huh? I wasn't aware that engineers could make glyphs.

What you are missing is that as time goes by people will acquire all of the glyphs they need. It's sad that I am having to explain this, but I will anyway. When the supply of something, exceeds the demand can you guess what happens? That's right the price will drop. People will want to sell the glyphs they have. With only needing to buy them once blizz has created a market where the supply is going to reach a point where there is no demand.

On my server glyphs are around 30g each. If you are on a server where they are in the 100s then perhaps you should create an alt just for inscription and see how well it works for you. I doubt you would though. People complaining about glyph prices don't want to do any work. They want things handed to them for free.

What if they also added in so that when you get your free set of glyphs you get a free set of blue gear to go with it. Would you be fine with that? Probably, but that's because you want the reward without putting any effort into it.

To the suggestion, I would be fine if they offered a minor glyph for free. Offering prime, or major glyphs though would be wrong. They offer you an advantage, but not something you can't play the game without. It's similar to buying boe blue gear. You can play the game with quest gear, and dungeon gear. You don't need to go buy boe for every level. Some do it because they have the gold, it is a luxury. It isn't required though, and it will be outdated when you start running heroics. Just like when you start running heroics you will have gold to buy glyphs.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with making people feel like they have to work for something. In fact I would say that the sense of "give me everything for free" is a huge problem, not only in WoW but in real life.

Deleted
    Really!?! Because they haven't raped Inscription enough already? For that guy crying what's next. Is he going to come onto the forums and say "hey, you know blue boes are really expensive at level 19, I think you should give out a good set".
    I think what you have to look at with an idea like that is that if the glyphs could be given as a quest reward theres no real problem. Afterall I don't see people complaining that they have a tailor/leatherworker/blacksmith and yet they are being hard done buy from people getting armour items from quests or loot drops.

Overall the suggestion is a good one, especially for new players who dont know a great deal about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post

I've done the new quests, it isn't hard by any means to make money now on them. Level 30 and you are getting rewards worth 1g to vendor. This is just a clear case of I wants it noa, give it. I really can't stand that. Things feel so much better if you really work for them. Now to clarify I'm not one of those people that raged because dual spec got lowered in level/cost. I thought it was cool, and it would give people more incentive to try out new specs. I didn't rage about the northrend flight being lowered even though I bought it on 6 of my 80s at 1k. I don't really get mad about stuff like that, it helps the game some. This kind of thing though is what blizz is developing. They seem to be making a community of people that just want things handed to them.

Just my opinion.
    The counterpoint to that is an analogy to the price of new tech gear. When you buy them early on (Comps, Blu-ray players, LED TVs), they are the newest bestest thing and you pay through the nose for them. Once they are replaced by the next newest bestest thing (310% flight in this case), or just flat out saturate the market, their value and cost drops through the floor. You pay more to get the benefit out of it earlier rather than waiting for the price to drop--but rest assured, it always does and always will. This does not change the community at all, because there will always be an expensive newest bestest thing to buy.

---------- Post added 2010-12-05 at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    stop raping the AH and the problem will be solved, theres no way a lvl 25 player is gonna be able to buy 3 glyphs at 80-150g a piece if they dont already have a high lvl toon that has some high lvl toon money on it. I just rolled a new toon on a different server, i'm lvl 26 and i've sold everything i've ever picked up that wasnt a quest item and i am an enchanter so i'm de'ing the items and selling the mats on the AH and i only have 24g...
    If you had picked up mining as prof #2 and sold the ore you mined while leveling, you'd have well over 100g extra by level 26. (ore stacks of copper, tin, and iron routinely go for 3-10g each, silver can sell for 3-5g per ore)

You can easily buy the glyph mats yourself and recruit a scribe in /trade to click a button 3 times for much less than 100g total cost.

The game is what you make it.