Building a new computer

Going to be building a new gaming rig and want to get a bit of feedback before I buy everything

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
    Mobo: Asus Crosshair V
    Memory: G-Skill Ripjaws 4GB (2x2)
    GFX Card: XFX HD 5770
    Power: Corsair 850w Modular (APFC)
    Case: Antec 902
    Storage: 80-120GB SSD, 1TB data drive

Also plan on getting:
    Coolermaster V6 CPU cooler
    Blu-Ray disc drive

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblade945 View Post
    Going to be building a new gaming rig and want to get a bit of feedback before I buy everything

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
    Mobo: Asus Crosshair V
    Memory: G-Skill Ripjaws 4GB (2x2)
    GFX Card: XFX HD 5770
    Power: Corsair 850w Modular (APFC)
    Case: Antec 902
    Storage: 80-120GB SSD, 1TB data drive

Also plan on getting:
    Coolermaster V6 CPU cooler
    Blu-Ray disc drive
    What are you going to be using this for? Six core is overkill for most games as far as i know, whereas a quad will probably suit your needs. If it's for more.. then maybe, I'm not sure.

Do you plan on playing more than WoW on this rig? I'd recommend the 6850 over the 5770, though the 5770 is just fine for WoW if that's what you plan on doing.

Well, I do not know what you are going to do with this computer so for the written below I will assume that you game on Wow and some recent FPS and other Mmos.

-Amd 1090t current high end CPU, very good and inexpensive compared to most i7

-Hd5570? Assuming that you game on something else than Wow then you might want to swap it for a 6870HD (aroud 245$) or a Gtx460 (~200$) or maybe also a gtx470 (~260$) HD5770 is a dx11 mid range card while your CPU is high-end.

- Your Current PSU of 850w totally exceeds what your rig needs although it is futureproof for next gen cpu / mobo / single GPU, and if you decide to xfire / Sli eventually with current gen cards you could do it without any problem.

Antec 902 -> very nice case, I own a antec 900 which I fell in love with, you might have problems with cable management though. Overall good quality case that will last you many years. Only big con to the case (at least for the antec 900) : there is no dust filter for the front fans and it becomes super dusty in no time, gotta clean it once a month at least.

-Your Ram is fine, you will be able to add some easily later when you will feel like you need more, it's inexpensive anyway. Some people will tell you to get some 7-7-7 timing instead of 9-9-9-24, though. I did not see any difference when I switched over from 9 9 9 to 7 7 7, I might be blind I guess.

If your computer is for something else than gaming then feel free to enlighten me

Quote Originally Posted by Elome View Post
    -Amd 1090t current high end CPU, very good and inexpensive compared to most i7
    Because the OP is building rather expensive set, best idea would be moving into Intel based setup. Either i5-760 for purely gaming purposes or i5-950 for everything else. AMD's 6-core CPU's are bad for gaming because of their low clock speed, even x4 965 beats the x6 1090 in WoW and costs less. AMD does not manufacture high end at the moment, their line ends to midrange.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Seems good enough, but I would change the GPU for either a GTX 470 or 6870HD.

Deleted
    For a gaming rig go with a Phenom II x4 965/970. The AMD phenom 4-cores preform better in games then their 6-cores, although if you're doing loads of video editing a 6-core would be handy.

I'd suggest taking a GTX460 1GB or and AMD6870 instead of a 5770, but a 5770 is a great card for WoW and current games but might struggle a little in a year or so.

PSU is a BIG overkill for that setup. Take it down to a good 600 PSU and you'll still be way above the needed power

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Because the OP is building rather expensive set, best idea would be moving into Intel based setup. Either i5-760 for purely gaming purposes or i5-950 for everything else. AMD's 6-core CPU's are bad for gaming because of their low clock speed, even x4 965 beats the x6 1090 in WoW and costs less. AMD does not manufacture high end at the moment, their line ends to midrange.
    Hmm. You are right, maybe I should not post at 3am, my bad

While 1090t is still very good, maybe an Intel would be a little better there, especially for gaming the i5-760. 1090t has six cores, if you get a game that does not support that many cores then you will just kind of waste it. Keep in mind that if you change for Intel you also need a compatible mobo for the socket. LGA1156 for i5-760 and i7-870. LGA1366 socket for all other i7.

Prices :

AMD 1090t black edition : ~240$
    i5-760 : ~200$
    i7-950: ~300$

Hope it helps