Poll: What will be your main spec for your arena teams?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think Mut will be better assuming you can spend equal time on your target. Mutilate puts out consistent damage, has great cp generation, steady energy flow. Sub is great right now, but at higher levels the amount of damage you can put out in shadowdance is easy to counter with heals, while the remaining time out of shadowdance you do mediocre damage. But as other's have pointed out mutilate has serious mobility issues compared to sub. Each will have it's place, sub in control situations and against casters, mut against plate. But from my time on beta I can tell you pvp has changed a lot. Be ready to spend less time at graveyards and more time running around at 50% reduced speed.

I really wish they'd fix HaT though. It's super annoying getting 4 cp's then using hemo, backstab for the fifth cp only to have HaT generate that last point right as your finger starts to lift off. Then if that backstab/ hemo crits it's 5 combo points, 5 combo points, 5 combo points.
    Last edited by Klur; 2010-12-06 at 05:13 AM. Reason: HaT

I honestly don't like the Ambushy reliance of Subt. but "most of the pros" seems to go that spec.

Is Mut realy that bad or are the people just bored of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mello View Post
    I honestly don't like the Ambushy reliance of Subt. but "most of the pros" seems to go that spec.

Is Mut realy that bad or are the people just bored of it?
    Problem is, alot of people down rate Mutilate because it requires less "skill" in the eyes of sub players.

I cannot down play the difficulty of sub, because it is an extremely difficult tree to master, but people also shouldnt cross out mutilates viablity in Arenas without even trying it.

And also, as far as the mobility issues of Mut builds go, just as sub has to deal with less damage, one should learn to work around their weaknessess, rather than look at them as a game breaking problem.