Best Cata Professions for PVE?

Is LW and JC the best Cataclysm enchants for PVE rogues? Engineering losing the haste to gloves?

they dont lose it, they just dont get a new version in cata (instead they get a nature damage thing, not sure if it scales either)

if it scales, it could be good, if it doesnt, and your still engineering, stick with old haste from wotlk.

i think EJ suspects that LW and JC will be optimal though. though keep in mind their are still unknowns, might be prudent to wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are a spellcaster the engineering gloves which gives you 480Intellect(480spellpower) is a nice thing especially when it's on a low CD. And you also got the belt enchant that will protect 16-18k damage taken which is cool as well.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Engineering IMO. Nice enchants and it's just plain fun. Expensive though

10+ Year Old Account
    LW and JC are a bitch to have to lv
    but i spose once u can fly in azeroth it would be easier

LW'ing atm is easily the best for straight dps increase while JC/BS/Incription/Alch etc are roughly equal. Engineering seems a lot less appealing when it comes to tinkers, the taser gloves and bolt launcher are about 40 and 70 dps each respectively and now boots can fail in raids which make them extremely risky.

Quote Originally Posted by norfin View Post
    LW'ing atm is easily the best for straight dps increase while JC/BS/Incription/Alch etc are roughly equal. Engineering seems a lot less appealing when it comes to tinkers, the taser gloves and bolt launcher are about 40 and 70 dps each respectively and now boots can fail in raids which make them extremely risky.
    some things to think about however.

thats 40-70 dps on top of whatever enchant you cna put there.

if the melee tinker scales it could be higher.

you can still use the old haste tinker, though i dont know how much dps it is at 85, i thought it was determined to be better if the melee tinker doesnt scale (which leads me to believe it will)

we get engineering helm and cog slots, there is a possibility that (likely possibility given cogwheels) that we will either get a new eng goggles each tier or ways to put cogs into other pieces of armor.

the current rendition of hte rocket boost is crap though ill admit that.

So the only reason im not fully thinking LW is the best profession is there actually currently is a lot of uknowns for engineering.

it could be crap, it could be great or middle of the pack, but because we dont know im hesitant to commit to new professions.

which really is why i suggested waiting until cata.

Since I am gonna roll a Worgen Rogue come cata, I am thinking I will start him out with Skinning & Leatherworking…

After all, he already has built-in skinning knives…!

Leatherworking followed by tailoring, dont argue it. Tailoring's 1k AP cloak enchant proc is equivelant to 92 agility passive, therefore 92 agi > 81agi provided by jc.

Yeah there was some testing by EJ folk that found the tailoring enchant to beat out most of the other professions. The majority of professions give an 80-81 AGI boost where the tailoring enchant (1,000 AP) gives roughly 92 AGI.

However. because Engineering is utter crap for all melee classes, I have a feeling it will be buffed in the future to be roughly equal to the other crafting professions.