Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Friends Gbank got ninjaed

my friends gbank got ninjaed he gave some1 access and they took the 3000g and a bunch of the items. He sent in a ticket is he going to get the stuff back, also will the guy get banned?

Deleted
    your friend will get banned for being a dumbass

Probably not, he gave the guy access :-/

so blizzard will do nothing?

I would be honestly surprised if they did anything other than say "sorry"

Giving someone gbank access is giving them a licence to take what they want - it was not ninja'd it was freely given away.

I don't think they help with this problem anymore.

It's his fault. He could've set limitations before giving access.

So this is the reason why you only give partial access to the gbank to those your trust, and full access to no one but yourself.

He'll be lucky to even get his stuff back, he was stupid enough to give someone access

Deleted
    If he gave the guy access to he's account is it he's own damn faulth

If he tell blizzard that they wont do nothing about it, if they how ever dont know about it and just think he got hacket they will probely give all of the stuff back to him

You friend (you?) donated the stuff the person took.
    It's no different from giving a check to charity and tell them to fill in a number they want by themselves. Then they empty your entire account... but you gave them permission to do so. No theft has happened.

does anyone have actual experience in this where this has happen 2 them? like a real answer

Quote Originally Posted by Zakami View Post
    If he tell blizzard that they wont do nothing about it, if they how ever dont know about it and just think he got hacket they will probely give all of the stuff back to him
    Eh, no. It's real easy for them to see a compromised account in logs. For starters, a hacker would be from a different IP (most likely an entirely different subnet), and aside from that, the thieves tend to go straight towards selling stuff and mailing gold away. Depending on your professions, they might then go mining/herbing with a bot. If he gave this guy access during a normal WoW session of running circles around Dalaran, running heroics, or raiding, I doubt Blizz would come to the conclusion that he was hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    Giving someone gbank access is giving them a licence to take what they want - it was not ninja'd it was freely given away.
    ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Knight978 View Post
    does anyone have actual experience in this where this has happen 2 them? like a real answer
    I think you've gotten the only answers you're going to get

At this point, I can't help but suspect that you are just trollin'

Those are real answers. He gave access, his fault.... He shouldn't even get the money/items back in the first place. Serves him right to trust people.

Sucks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cybermind View Post
    I would be honestly surprised if they did anything other than say "sorry"
    My old guild bank was stolen from a bunch of times, every time it happened all the items were mailed back to the guild master.

so because our answers are not what you wanted to hear that somehow makes them less real?

He gave the person access - it was not taken it was given, there are controls to limit access, to limit the number of stacks and gold (if any) each guild rank is permitted to withdraw.

Because these controls exist in game and your 'friend' freely chose not to use them, he basically gave the items away.

---------- Post added 2010-12-04 at 09:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Unifybe View Post
    My old guild bank was stolen from a bunch of times, every time it happened all the items were mailed back to the guild master.
    there is a massive difference from someone with gbank access getting hacked to someone with gbank access making permitted withdrawals.