Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    every Demon Hunter beyond lvl 5 could use Metamorphosis... its their ultimate ability...
    well...i know...but i dont think that counts.the demon hunter unit you could use outside the campaign was a generic version of illidan, just like the death knights were generic arthas. i think the only demon hunter that had a demon form, lorewise,was illidan...but again, i could be wrong...it was a long time ago...
    EDIT:yeah...i was, in fact, wrong. from wowwiki:
    " As a demon hunter grows in power, they undergo a gradual evolution, becoming more and more demonic in appearance. The changes are cosmetic and can take many different forms, from burning eyes to black blood. By the time the demon hunter reaches the pinnacle of his development, he is a twisted and dark version of his former self - though the chaotic energy in his body does not affect his personality and allegiance (or so the demon hunters claim), it wreaks great changes on his physical form. The demon hunter’s gradual evolution achieves its pinnacle as they become a demonic entity. Their appearance has changed to something frightening: The exact changes vary, but can include glowing red eyes; horns; clawed feet and hands; nonfunctioning wings; cloven hooves; a spiked tail; dark skin; a deep, rumbling voice; and similar cosmetic changes. The demon hunter becomes an outsider. "
    Last edited by ksaf; 2010-12-06 at 02:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    there was no other known demon hunter in the Lore of TFT

in World of Warcraft was at least Leotheras who could Metamorphe
    maybe Varedis too, but i dont remember...

EDIT: there are several Demon Hunters at Karabor who can perform Metamorphosis
    and yeah its a common demon hunter ability as I said...
    Last edited by Draqson; 2010-12-06 at 02:27 AM.

I feel like a hero class would be a healer not a DPS class if they made one, so unless the Demon Hunter is a healer i think its very unlikely...
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutal Edge View Post
    ALSO everyone seems to be missing the fact that perhaps there will be a new weapon class FOR the demon hunter. I dont know much about the demon hunter beyond they use double bladed glaives but if anyone's been to SFK and seen the last boss, godfrey, what's he dual wielding? ^_^ Pistols... IMO, we gonna be seeing pistols as the next weapon class to emerge. How it works, i dont know, but I think it's going to happen.
    Uh.
    Ya man....dragons have a weapon skill called fire! We are definitely gonna learn how to equip fire and use it in the next xpac for sure. Idk about pistols, but fire seems more likely!!!11!.

Really though? :| I doubt pistols will ever come into play.

---------- Post added 2010-12-05 at 07:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    I've been expecting Demon Hunter class since TBC ... one can only hope.

P.S.: I notice quite a few people complained that DKs are similar to Warriors and Warlocks, but in the same way a Warlock is similar to a Mage and a Hunter or shall I dare mention Druids? Every class shares similarities with another class but what makes it unique is far more than the outside looks. The feel, the vibe of a class and it's potential is what makes it great.

No.
    Im pretty sure they are referring to a DK = warrior + warlock.
    A hunter has nothing in common with a druid, or a mage. Well...one thing atleast, they both use arcane...
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

why does everyone feel like making another pure dps class will lower the amount of tanks and healers....honestly doubt it would throw off the balance at all
    Quote from: Moshy on February 22, 2010, 05:36:54 am
    Dear Blizzard
    Nerf paper, It covers me all the time and I cant do anything about it
    Scissors are fine, They just need to learn to play
    Signed Rock.

Nevermind, it's been answered.

Also, sorry for the 3rd post in a row, but...

Theres 3 major quest lines that I have done that kind of make me want to believe demon hunters will return
    Seeing Illidan in Felwood
    Demon Hunter chain in Blasted Lands
    mmm....currently forgetting the other one...
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

The final quests in Felwood also Involve a demon hunter NPC. Seems strange to suddenly feature them so much if it wasn't building towards something..

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be opposed to the Demon Hunter class for the sake of being opposed, however, it seems that boat has already sailed.

Wrath introduced Death Knights as a new class. Final Boss of the expansion's class? Death Knight.

Final Boss of Burning Crusade? Demon Hunter (I'm not counting Sunwell, as that was patched in to bide time for Wrath. It isn't like it was KJ telling us we weren't prepared :P)

So, Demon Hunter should have been introduced in BC, but it wasn't.

Now it would seem like, huh? Why?

Stood in the Fire BallsofThunder's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadees View Post
    I'm guessing it to be a Diablo 3 reference?
    Diablo 3 Demon Hunters and Warcraft Demon Hunters are nothing alike.

---------- Post added 2010-12-05 at 09:52 PM ----------

Oh, theres a Demon Hunter in the Blasted Lands too.
    "Do you have a boyfriend?"
    "No."
    "Do you want one?"
    "Uhh.. No?"
    "Cause you see, I like to have a girlfriend from each state."
    "Do you know their names?"
    "Oh I call them by numbers, 25 is the best, shes got it going on."

They could add a thousand new dps classes and the ratio of tanks to healers to dps wouldn't change (after people tried out the new classes a little).
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

No... No... Just no. there wont be a demon hunter class at all. Blizzard put one into diable 3 on purpose.. to tell everyone they Wont be putting one in Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    The final quests in Felwood also Involve a demon hunter NPC. Seems strange to suddenly feature them so much if it wasn't building towards something..
    I think the only thing it's leading up to is and increase in demonic activity. I'm sure the Burning Legion is due to come back soon. Just as WotLK started adding a lot more Old God stuff, which ties directly to Cataclysm, so to will we see more demon related things going on leading to the next expansion.

Hopefully they'll revamp the Legion like they did the Twilight's Hammer. From what I've seen in the beta they're an actual threat and not just a joke cult that happens to be connected to some very powerful players in Azeroth. I'm guessing the same will happen with the Legion. We'll remember why demon's are such a threat and not just some giant mobs that we take out by the hundreds for fun.

As far as Demon Hunters go, here's the major problems:

1. Key abilities and likely abilities already in use: Metamorphosis, evasion, and mana burn are all abilities that Warlocks (and Spriest) use that were originally Demon Hunters. Banish Demon would also very likely be a skill for a Demon Hunter,and possibly enslave demon. Now there are plenty of other abilities they could have, but Metamorphosis is the most identifiable Demon Hunter ability. There's only 2 ways around this that I can see. 1.Make it clear that Illidan and a very select few others ever achieved it or 2.make it a resource like Runic power or Holy power. I.E. certain abilities build up Demonic crorruption, while other abilities dump it. As you gain Corruption you start to physically change and gain a small power increase every 25%. At 100% you look like Illidan in BT, and not like the traditional Metamorphosis, but there would have to be a downside like your hp starts to deplete until you dump some corruption or something similar.

2.Weapons: Demon Hunters use twin warglaives. Allowing them to use other weapons would look lame. But just like DK's, Blizz won't make a class that skips out on upgrading weapons. Not only this, but as I already said, aside from Illidan's, warglaives look like garbage in game, not to mention that they are not a very practical weapon. You can't effectively use them the way you would use swords or axes. If you watch the way Demon Hunters attacked in War 3 you'll notice they use alot of spinning motions. It's almost like a whirlwind fighting style. Most weapon animations in game would not be suitable for this, but it's highly doubtful Blizz would add extra animations just for one classes weapons.
    Now for the issue of the weapons themselves: they could go the route of allowing them to use any weapon a rogue uses, but again, this would look and be lame. Or they could get a special ability that allows them to take any 1 handed weapon and drain it's essence into an orb that's placed into the warglaive, changing it's basic appearance and stats. This of course would only work on weapons they could "wield."

3.Armor: Demon Hunters don't really wear any. It's usually pants or a kilt, warglaives, blindfold, and maybe shoulders. Again against blizz's philosophy of gear acquisition. Now this one is the easiest to "retcon." As the demonic threat heads towards another war, the demon hunter's could see the necessity for wearing more armor. The question then is what type? Leather would be my guess, but mail is another possibility.

That being said, I could imagine a really awesome starter zone for them where the final quest is killing a gigantic doomguard and taking his warglaives for your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Construct View Post
    No... No... Just no. there wont be a demon hunter class at all. Blizzard put one into diable 3 on purpose.. to tell everyone they Wont be putting one in Wow.
    ya they also stuck a paladin in Diablo 2 to make sure there wouldn't be one in WoW
    Quote from: Moshy on February 22, 2010, 05:36:54 am
    Dear Blizzard
    Nerf paper, It covers me all the time and I cant do anything about it
    Scissors are fine, They just need to learn to play
    Signed Rock.

Yea probably not unless they can tweak it to make DH's tanks somehow, but when we face the burning legion a demon hunter faction is very likely. Could be just a hint of demon hunters returning to the world but not as a playable class IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post

Wrath introduced Death Knights as a new class. Final Boss of the expansion's class? Death Knight.

Final Boss of Burning Crusade? Demon Hunter (I'm not counting Sunwell, as that was patched in to bide time for Wrath. It isn't like it was KJ telling us we weren't prepared :P)

So, Demon Hunter should have been introduced in BC, but it wasn't.

I originally decided to stay out of this topic after saying my piece on page 3, but I just needed to interject because your post was so offensively stupid that the need to call you a moron took precedence.

So you're saying that the final boss of the expansion has to be same class of the hero class of that expansion? Does that really make sense to you? And barring even that, when we fought the Lich King he wasn't even a Deathknight. Arthas was a Deathknight, the Lich King wasn't. Fail.

Poor performance indeed.

As I stated in the other thread linked here, aren't the warglaives we have already in the game one handed swords?

I would think that just as Dks had runes to bind to their weapons, demon hunters will take their weapons to the lair of the Dark Embrace where they make them look like warglaives, like an appearance tab system in the other MMOs. If in fact they keep that icon intact and don't give us all sorts of weaponry.

Not only do all the demon hunters being prepped for us to make us familiar with them make me suspect they are being implemented, but the creation of this new order they allude to, the Dark Embrace, makes me think they're queuing us up for a demon hunter faction similar to the Ebon Blade.

I think people have the wrong idea about hero classes, when they want them to promote class roles. Originally they almost gave us necromancers just to fit the theme of WOTLK, when they decided later that tanks needed an incentive. It didn't work out. There's no reason to think hero classes are only meant to be used that way.

When it comes down to it, they are meant to evoke and bring to life Warcraft 3, above all else. They may just be an all new sort of appearance tab option to let multiple classes finally look like hero classes for all we know. Sashimonos and orb prayer bead mantles for blademasters, totems for tauren chieftans, glaives and bindings for demon hunters, glaives for sentinels, etc.

The sky is the limit really. They said in the WOTLK dvd they have fleshed out dozens of the hero class units from Warcraft 3. I think it's a mistake to speculate to the point of ruling things out based on the experiment that was DKs.

There no need for another dps class in wow, they should make a hybrid that can dps and heal at the same time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Unless the demon hunter has a healing or tanking spec, I doubt we'll see them in game.

There are already 10 classes that DPS, 4 of those which are "Pure" DPS. It's very unlikely they'll add another pure DPS to clog up the already clogged raids and LFD tool.
    Demon hunters could bring an interesting niche as a leather or cloth tanking class (in the case of cloth, the demon hunter's tanking spec/specs could include talents, or a learnable passive, that converts DPS-oriented caster stats to, say, dodge/expertise/parry at a 1:whatever ratio to keep them from outclassing the other four tanks), though Blizzard would end up having to balance with dual-wielding demon hunter tanks (or single-weapon/offhand demon hunter tanks as the hypothetical case may end up being) in mind so they don't get parrybombed faster than the healer can keep up.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!