Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blackrock Caverns Entrance discovered before Cataclysm comes?

Hello,

I am wondering if the BRC entrance will be discovered if I actually discover it now before i get Cataclysm. I went to Blackrock Mountain and it said: Blackrock Caverns Entrance discovered.

My plan was originally to log outside BRC, discover entrance once i log right after midnight, then port to Dalaran and complete my predone Icecrown quests, but it would be kinda waste to log out in BRC if i could skip that (and skip annoying loading screen). After use dungeon finder to queue.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Bhall; 2010-12-04 at 12:57 PM.

From what my friends in beta told me, thats the cue to an instance discovery for cata. I'm banking on that being true. although i could imagine a situation where it doesnt record the discovery because cataclysm isnt "switch on"
    Tank Extraordinaire

i would think it will count if you discover it now allready. the question is, do you wanna risk it? Would be interesting to know however

Ye, i guess its a risk, i suppose only blizzard knows that.

however if your going with friends. there is summonstones nearby in worst case. (if u plan on turning in daily q in northrend)

Dont bother trying to find the entrance early... bout.. 10 - 15 quests into the zone you meet a little gnome wiwht a mole machine who can take you to BRC entrance. So... Id just do that :P I am!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhall View Post
    Hello,

I am wondering if the BRC entrance will be discovered if I actually discover it now before i get Cataclysm. I went to Blackrock Mountain and it said: Blackrock Caverns Entrance discovered.

My plan was originally to log outside BRC, discover entrance once i log right after midnight, then port to Dalaran and complete my predone Icecrown quests, but it would be kinda waste to log out in BRC if i could skip that (and skip annoying loading screen). After use dungeon finder to queue.

Any thoughts?
    so basically you are asking us if its going to be discovered when u SPECIFICALLY went there and it said: Blackrock Caverns Entrance discovered. ARE YOU A MORON?
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2010-12-06 at 07:05 AM. Reason: User was banned for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by NoxSSDK View Post
    Dont bother trying to find the entrance early... bout.. 10 - 15 quests into the zone you meet a little gnome wiwht a mole machine who can take you to BRC entrance. So... Id just do that :P I am!
    Which zone do you mean? I assume Hyjal? Because I was planning on going to Vash'jir first

Quote Originally Posted by Avengerjk View Post
    Which zone do you mean? I assume Hyjal? Because I was planning on going to Vash'jir first
    Yeah i ment Hyjal, In vashj'ir you get a quest for Throne of Tides, But... it takes ALOT of quests to get the prequest to go there...

Quote Originally Posted by Razaac View Post
    so basically you are asking us if its going to be discovered when u SPECIFICALLY went there and it said: Blackrock Caverns Entrance discovered. ARE YOU A MORON?
    Hes asking whether his "discovery" will count after cata is live, or if he will need to rediscover it. ARE YOU A MORON?

It's a good question, since that was going to be my strat as well. I'd rather not wait the extra quests in Hyjal to get into the LFD queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaac View Post
    Your reading comprehension needs work. Try again.

Deleted
    I've been wondering about this aswell. Mostly because it says "Blackrock Caverns _Entrance_ discovered". There's a difference between BRC Entrance and BRC itself.

I figure you'll have already discovered it, but does it need the discovered area... or "location explored"?

Deleted
    BUMP - We're still confused. If someone knows, clarification would be greatly apreciated!

Afraid there's no real way to confirm this without waiting for Cataclysm. Either bank your luck and discover it now, or log out in front of it to make absolutely sure! This one's a bit of a gamble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algor View Post
    I've been wondering about this aswell. Mostly because it says "Blackrock Caverns _Entrance_ discovered". There's a difference between BRC Entrance and BRC itself.
    When 4.0.1.a was first released on the live realms and there was this bug, where you had to rediscover all the wotlk dungeons it also just stated "Nexus Entrance discoverd" and then you could queue for the nexus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yai View Post
    When 4.0.1.a was first released on the live realms and there was this bug, where you had to rediscover all the wotlk dungeons it also just stated "Nexus Entrance discoverd" and then you could queue for the nexus.
    Hmm that's interesting. I'm going to go with the "gamble" alternative based on this

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dont think we can hugely guarantee the result. Blizzard can of course change anything they want. My instance group have fully gone to the BRC entrance on the offchance.

I dont get the point of people mentioning "Risk". There is no risk, only reward vs precataclysm time investment, and im sure your 14th alt will let you off for not getting it to 31 from 30 instead of potentially gaining 5 or 6 minutes travel time for queueing for instances.

Deleted
    Well anyway mine main will be here just for case.I also discover the entrance but i will still stay there when catclysm starts
    And i wonder why is all this qqing about instance entrance BR C is of 5 mins flyght from undercity