Masochism = Group Quest Heaven

the talent masochism makes it very easy for a shadowpriest to solo almost every group quest out there.

you don't stay in shadowform, but that's fine. To open, put up power word: shield, throw up devouring plague and shadow word pain on the target, flash heal yourself, throw up vampiric touch.

refresh the dots in between flash healing, renewing and shielding yourself. Masochism will provide enough mana to keep up with all of the expensive flash heals. It can take longer than witha group but you don't need to find said group.

have fun and be safe all.

Better yet, Spriest has ~65% reduction against Physical attacks. Vampiric Embrace ontop of that and Pre PWS and wait for weakened soul to fall off.
    So just zerg...

Also Sfiend + Fade.

Deleted

!

You do know you have to take damage from SW:D for you to gain mana from Masochism? That means you cant have shield up when you use it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merthas View Post
    You do know you have to take damage from SW for you to gain mana from Masochism? That means you cant have shield up when you use it
    "When you take a damaging attack equal to or greater than 10% of your total health or damage yourself with your Shadow Word: Death, you instantly gain [4%/8%] of your total mana."

Bolded part is where the mana comes from, and it just says when you take an attack of that size, not if you take that much damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan View Post
    "When you take a damaging attack equal to or greater than 10% of your total health or damage yourself with your Shadow Word: Death, you instantly gain [4%/8%] of your total mana."

Bolded part is where the mana comes from, and it just says when you take an attack of that size, not if you take that much damage.
    Fixed that for you. If you take damage >=10% of your max HP or hurt yourself with your SW: D, you get mana back.

Edit: It's unlikely that your own SW: D will do more than 10% of your health with level 85 HP values. But even if it does, I think the "or" part of the talent description means that your SW: D needs to actually take away HP for you to gain mana.
    I understand what you mean in your post, though. Even if it's all absorbed, a damaging attack from an outside source doing >=10% of your HP will reward mana.
    Last edited by GuyWithFace; 2010-12-05 at 12:27 AM.

in practice this will either not work because the damage taken will be worse than the healing or it will be simply nerfed.. not to mention the mana gain will not keep up with the mana cost of doing all that.

either way just get a group it will work better.

Mind Spike Mind Spike Mind Spike from Max range, instant crit MB for paralysis. Load up with DoTs and Flay til in melee range, Psychic horror and continue flaying til dead. If they are still on around 50% hp Fiend and fade onto it.

has worked fine for me so far on my new gnome priest all the way into some of the dragonblight elite quests. It is a fairly slow process because you only have the dots rolling but plenty of 2kish hits giving me 1400 mana for the 850mana flash heal.

i'll see if i can get a fraps recording of my priest vs an elite and post it up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Apellosine View Post
    has worked fine for me so far on my new gnome priest all the way into some of the dragonblight elite quests. It is a fairly slow process because you only have the dots rolling but plenty of 2kish hits giving me 1400 mana for the 850mana flash heal.

i'll see if i can get a fraps recording of my priest vs an elite and post it up here.
    You can solo all of the WoTLK group quests without even breaking out to heal >.> Least I did back at the start of WoTLK

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't solo Cataclysm group quests because they have around over one million health and actually hit decently hard.

As a Disc Priest, I have a friend who plays a shadow priest with me in Heroics and such. I love to bug him and always, always throw a bubble up just to let him not get Masochism. I'm a mean healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Frosty View Post
    You can't solo Cataclysm group quests because they have around over one million health and actually hit decently hard.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=12150
    http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=27003
    Level 73 Shadow Priest in T6/ZA gear.
    In that gear i was doing 1.5k DPS

That was harder than 99% WoTLK content.
    PS there is no group quests in Cata that you arent accompanied by NPCs or easily soloable. so your entire comment is redundant.
    Last edited by Scrubble; 2010-12-05 at 04:32 AM.