Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Making mana matter, the worst thing blizzard could have done to the game

Before every healer was welcome because even if you didnt have the greatest heals or greatest utility atleast you could fulfill your roll at 100% for the entire fight

Now that certain classes like the priest who have no magic ability to give huge chunks of there mana back are going to run out of mana mid way through the fight, you just cant risk even bringing one along, atleast when mana was infinite you could still get by, now no raid will take priests or even shamans if you have all the class buffs that you need, this was proven by top guild PARAGON having ZERO gimp healing priests in their raids, only shadow

Making mana matter was just a stupid move, i thought blizz realized by now people dont want to manage another bar on top of everyones hp bar, manage mana, manage buffs, manage other playeres debuffs, manage heals, WHERE DOES IT END BLIZZARD?

why did dpsing become even more face rolling but healing and even TANKing of all things had to get harder, like we really need tanking to be more resistant to players, wtf is blizzard thinking, do they even care what their players want anymore?

Inb4 Trolls talking about QQ at valid points

You're an idiot. The change is for the better. End of story.

>~.~> Don't be rude, it is uncalled for. This is a warning as you weren't awful, but be careful. ~Raven
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2010-12-05 at 05:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Deleted
    Healing and tanking got harder because its supposed to be hard? And spamming heals and not getting out of mana makes no sense. With this "change", healers have to chose wisely what/who to heal and what healing spell to use.
    I like this change and it will make the game a bit more challenging.

EDIT: OPs title says it all.
    Last edited by mmoc124d4cbc78; 2010-12-05 at 05:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priests have Shadowfiend to regain mana... And also Paragon can't have every spec of every class represented in their raids.

If you are playing well, you won't have to worry about mana much. If you're running out frequently, some part of your playstyle is wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Obviously a WotLK player.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

if blizzard wanted what every player wanted we would all be walking round with 800 billion health, using illidan, lichking and deathwing as our pets and every mob in game would drop legendaries

after about 3 minutes we would all get bored and stop playing

It's not QQ when you make no valid points. If Priests do end up being totally useless, they'll simply work on a fix to make them useful.

Mana should matter, being able to endlessly spam spells is not fun. Neither is your tank dying in 2 hits because you're able to endlessly spam spells.

The whole point about making mana matter is that "If you run out of mana you're doing it wrong"
    If you go into a raid engage a boss and run out of mana halfway, you gotta stop and consider what you're doing. Were you just spamming FOL or Healing Surge or w/e expensive-fast heal you got? Wrath Healing style is a grid minigame. Whack-a-mole as GC likes to say. It's not realy intelligent its just who can click faster..

I for one will welcome the mana mangement back with open arms. Good for rooting out baddies :P

Funny, because the majority said that having a blue bar that didn't matter didn't make it fun anymore. Guess you're part of the minority on this topic.

Besides, would you rather they just remove the mana bar and make it so healers can cast heals forever? Because that's pretty much what WotLK became.

I LOVED healing when mana was limited and therefore extreme triage was necessary to get the raid through a fight, I feel it's what made me a great healer, AS WELL as many others.

newer players who have never had to worry about mana? Sure, they're going to be upset, but you're going to have three types:

-quitters
    -role-switchers
    -adapters, who will perform even better than before

I am so overly pleased with this change, I feel it is REALLY going to start showing people who knows how to heal and who was an idiot spamming crap all over the raid. I also feel it is going to give newer healers the ability to hone their skills and learn the art of Raid triage.

Oh, and I'm a priest, I never overheal much more than 20% ever, I have always had an overabundance of mana due to triage, and for the same reason always top meters: because I throw heals where they are necessary, NOT just toss random raid blanketing out that turns into overheals.

Later Edit: If you want to know what type of healer YOU are----go look at some logs if you have them. All of the end-game WotLK healers with sub 25% overhealing will be fine with a little adaptation. Those with 35%+ will have a lot more trouble, probably especially druids and pally's.
    Last edited by Ebbikenezer; 2010-12-05 at 05:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

I promise to use my spirit beast and macro it's healing ability to the tank when in dungeons Every little bit helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tides View Post
    the whole point about making mana matter is that "if you run out of mana you're doing it wrong"
    if you go into a raid engage a boss and run out of mana halfway, you gotta stop and consider what you're doing. Were you just spamming fol or healing surge or w/e expensive-fast heal you got? Wrath healing style is a grid minigame. Whack-a-mole as gc likes to say. It's not realy intelligent its just who can click faster..

I for one will welcome the mana mangement back with open arms. Good for rooting out baddies
    this

When raids in CATA are going to stack pals and druids and have like 1 priest there is a PROBLEM, and its because of blizzards stupid decision to make mana matter, but then not give classes good ways to get mana back

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    Healing and tanking got harder because its supposed to be hard? And spamming heals and not getting out of mana makes no sense. With this "change", healers have to chose wisely what/who to heal and what healing spell to use.
    I like this change and it will make the game a bit more challenging.
    Are you kidding??? This game is supposed to be about spamming Circle of Healing for massive over-heals on everyone so they can all just go wild and and AoE everything in sight and see if they can use up some of that healing that's going to waste. Only noobs and casuals want to actually think about what they're doing!!!!

LEARN TO PLAY!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skyesfury View Post
    Besides, would you rather they just remove the mana bar and make it so healers can cast heals forever? Because that's pretty much what WotLK became.
    this is pretty much what the OP wants.

You will notice who's bad and who's good now.

Any healer who knows his stuff, when paired with even a bad tank, will easily manage regardless of class. The only times mana will be an issue regardless of player skill, are in cases of under gearing, or maybe cutting edge progression.

I'm a shaman (a class to you say no one would take without buffs due) but i know my guild will take me on raids. Why? because despite having no real raid experience, i blew their minds my first night in ICC (i like to be very well reasearched). They know i can manage my mana, they know i can carry the load.

In the end, this will just show who the good healers are. yeah tanking and healing are a lot more intimidating than DPS'ing, but that's why i heal, because i'm a harder role to perform, and integral to the success of the group. Also as a fan of survival horror games, i have a strange love of conserving resources as much as possible while still getting the job done (yeah...it's kinda weird).

15+ Year Old Account
    Is this trolling? I really can't tell. I suppose that's the best trolling of all.

Making mana matter again is the single best change Blizzard has made towards the healing dynamic since... well, a long time ago.

I guess you started playing in Wrath then. Regardless, this is how it's supposed to be - Wrath got out of hand, which the devs themselves have also stated numerous times.

If a class is very undertuned (as you claim, I'm not a healer), it will be buffed.

Also, manage buffs? What? I don't get that part.

If you don't like or can't handle being a healer, which is basically handling shittons of stuff and multi tasking, change to a different role. I can't, so I'm a tank. The changes made to tanking by the way are fantastic, since I can truly shine and actually have to use some brain power. If it deters idiots from tanking or just the game in general, I'm very thankful, since it makes the game better and the community overall less retarded.

This isn't BC and it won't become BC where shaman were kings of healing because of chain heal and lust/hero. With all healers having good aoe heals no one will be left behind, and if a spec/class is they'll compensate, thinking otherwise and that they'll simply ignore priests being so bad for instance is asinine and foolish. They've never, EVER allowed a class/spec to be so behind others in their role that they lose their viability, and they never will. I'm actually considering healing again now since you'll actually have to put some thought into it instead of just spamming your best heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post
    When raids in CATA are going to stack pals and druids and have like 1 priest there is a PROBLEM, and its because of blizzards stupid decision to make mana matter, but then not give classes good ways to get mana back
    Priests have a good spell to regain mana. Would you rather have Divine Plea, with its 50% healing penalty?

Yes, it's true that priests were doing poorly for a while in beta. The devs knew about it and made efforts to fix it. If it wasn't enough, they will keep fixing it.