Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Obvious troll is obvious.

Anyways I'm interested if there is healers who think this way. People who liked healing with gcd limitations instead of mana (yea wotlk players). We can skip the part that some classes wouldn't be viable becouse they don't have enough regen, that goes purely on l2p issue side. So if you like wotlk healing style more than cataclysm (given lvl85 experience), go ahead and explain
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

I can't agree with the OP. Every class now has to manage their resources you can''t just spam your best ability. "O no I'm going to have to pay attention, woe is me....."
    "We are The Forsaken, we will slaughter anyone who stands in our way."

Quote Originally Posted by Sickslol View Post
    You must have been one of those healers who couldn't adapt because your reaction time wasn't fast enough.
    If you're gonna start with that i'll give you my armory and you can go check yourself the accomplishments i've healed.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tides/advanced

For a person like you, i've nothing left to say xept; Suck it.

Edit: wrong link doh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    Obviously a WotLK player.
    lol'ed.

Its for the beter, live with it, Blizz won't back up on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryHitter View Post
    if blizzard wanted what every player wanted we would all be walking round with 800 billion health, using illidan, lichking and deathwing as our pets and every mob in game would drop legendaries

after about 3 minutes we would all get bored and stop playing
    this

"o noes the game takes skill again. i need to learn how to be mana efficient"
    either l2 be mana efficient or re-roll

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not read every post.

The OP said that priests have no ways to get chunks of mana back. I heal as discipline and there are plenty of ways to get mana back.

1) Shadow fiend - This baby will likely bring you to full, if not, half.
    2) Rapture - Often bugs and gives you even more mana back then intended!
    3) Inner Focus (and Train of Thought) - 45 Second cooldown. Practically free mana every 45 seconds.
    4) Archangel - I get 6.5-7k mana back every time I use this.
    5) Meditation - Gear and pace yourself right and you will have mana.
    6) Hymn of Hope - Use your shadow fiend after this for even more mana.
    7) Mana potion - These will probably get some use again. Horray!

As of now, I could disable my mana bar completely and NEVER look at it. I never need use most of these abilities because rapture alone as well as my insane auto regen takes care of the bill. This is kinda dumb. I look forward to the change.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Priests have a good spell to regain mana. Would you rather have Divine Plea, with its 50% healing penalty?
    Well, we have Shadowfiend, which can die quite easily, and doesn't give nearly as much any more, and we have Hymn, which also got nerfed to shit.... and it's channeled so we can't actually heal while doing it, you can still heal while divine plea is up, hence the 50% nerf: balance.

OT: Healers will have to learn their classes better. Good news for all of us, imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post
    Now that certain classes like the priest who have no magic ability to give huge chunks of there mana back are going to run out of mana mid way through the fight, you just cant risk even bringing one along, atleast when mana was infinite you could still get by, now no raid will take priests or even shamans if you have all the class buffs that you need, this was proven by top guild PARAGON having ZERO gimp healing priests in their raids, only shadow

Making mana matter was just a stupid move, i thought blizz realized by now people dont want to manage another bar on top of everyones hp bar, manage mana, manage buffs, manage other playeres debuffs, manage heals, WHERE DOES IT END BLIZZARD?
    um all your points become invalid if all the healers are made to heal like each other...which btw ends up happening short heal that cost a ton of mana yep, long heal that's efficient yep, strong instant cast in case of movement yep, etc. with slight game changers like holy power, proc's, etc. except the druid(because their awesome deal with it) has been redesigned later in CATA also let me guess your a priest....lol.

Long Live Photoshop! Making Sigs and Ugly People look Hot Since 1990!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    Well, we have Shadowfiend, which can die quite easily, and doesn't give nearly as much any more, and we have Hymn, which also got nerfed to shit.... and it's channeled so we can't actually heal while doing it, you can still heal while divine plea is up, hence the 50% nerf: balance.

OT: Healers will have to learn their classes better. Good news for all of us, imho.
    The mana cooldowns of every healer were reduced in effectiveness. Divine Plea only restores 15% mana, Innervate 20%, Shadowfiend 30% (for the whole duration, with a 5% compensation if it gets killed).

Shadowfiend shouldn't die that easily, though. It should still have the 90% AoE reduction.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this post serious?
    I know I know! Why don't we have tanks with infinite hp and dps with infinite resources!
    Seriously though, if wow is too hard for you, maybe pacman is more for you...

I love when people say "OMG X IS SO BROKEN"

I remind you, December 7th is the release of cata. So unless you have some sort of time machine... I'd say wait until your level 85, you know, what the game is balanced for.

Also, if you find healing is too hard now, you can always go play runescape

10+ Year Old Account
    If mana wasn't suppose to matter, they wouldn't have given you a mana bar, they would just have your heals cost nothing. The intent of any resource (rage, energy, mana, focus, holy power, runic power, runes, etc) is that you try to get the most out of them, while saving some for the rest of the fight. Resource management is a sign of skill, you shouldn't be able to spam what you want, whenever you want without there being some sort consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    The mana cooldowns of every healer were reduced in effectiveness. Divine Plea only restores 15% mana, Innervate 20%, Shadowfiend 30% (for the whole duration, with a 5% compensation if it gets killed).

Shadowfiend shouldn't die that easily, though. It should still have the 90% AoE reduction.
    Hehe I know they were all nerfed, my response was a reaction to Seabeast(you) asking if we would "rather have Divine Plea" like it's a terrible thing. They are all relatively balanced when you look at %, CD and efficiency.

Oh and... which CAN.. die quite easily. I didn't say it did die easily. I was just making a general statement to healers and their mana return abilities. We all have plenty of options for mana return/regen.... this post is sort of.... dumb and pointless. But I was just trying to give OP my personal taste/opinion.
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.

Blizz i want unlimited energy. I mean cmon, i use 2-3 abilities and then im out of energy
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that certain classes like the priest who have no magic ability to give huge chunks of there mana back are going to run out of mana mid way through the fight, you just cant risk even bringing one along, atleast when mana was infinite you could still get by, now no raid will take priests or even shamans if you have all the class buffs that you need, this was proven by top guild PARAGON having ZERO gimp healing priests in their raids, only shadow
    Just because Paragon didn't use any priests doesn't mean the class is broken (same for shamans). If anything, like someone said before, there is(was) a difference between priests/shammy vs pally/druid healing... but they have buffed priests since then (both specs) as well as shammy's new Healing Rain spell... it's called balancing, you should really get used to the concept instead of creating QQ threads. Blizz even said that priests and shaman's are more at the healing level they are shooting for in Cata (aka lvl 85).

Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    Blizz i want unlimited energy. I mean cmon, i use 2-3 abilities and then im out of energy
    Please forwrad this to Ghostcrawler immediately as he plays a rogue, and it will be remedied for sure if he is having the same problem.

Wrathbaby posts = /slitwrist

I don't like it, it just made me a worse healer D:
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Holycrappes View Post
    Wrathbaby posts = /slitwrist
    Can we refer to any user with <15 posts as MMOBabies and poke fun at them incessantly?