Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullzeyes View Post
    They already said they won't do that and that achi's are just a way to keep you entertained
    This. Achievements just give me something to do when there isn't anything else to do. They are a neat feature. Not everything needs to be useful!

10+ Year Old Account
    Get over 9000 achievement points and you get a feat: "It's over 9000!"

Aim for that, because I know I am.
    Too many classes, too little time. Completionist yet lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    Asked 1,000,000 times

Its like gamerscore / Trophies / World Records / Pictures of pie

Nice to have, cool to look at, awesome to show off. COMPLETELY USELESS OTHERWISE
    Could i get some pics of that pie?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit depressed that my Argent achievements are going away in a few hours (faction change). I think I'm more depressed at having to do all that jousting all over again. /wrists

Not sure what that has to do with this thread. But...yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Just a random thought, while I don't think Blizzard should make Achievement points mean anything other than a representation of how many achievements you've done (so not a currency), I do think Blizzard should be a lot more liberal with title creation, and should include them with a lot more achievements.

In addition to WoW, I play Lord of the Rings Online, and one of the cool things in LotRO is the fact that there is a crapload of titles. Literally everything from questlines to killing lots of one type of mob in one zone awards a different title, and as such, almost every single person in the game wears something totally different. There's so many, that people actually just choose a title based on what they think sounds neat.
    City of Heroes is a lot like that. Badges came from everything from Kill Counts, to Quests, to Exploration & History (Lore). With so many to choose from, you've got options that are thematic with your powers, or your character's story, something that sounds cool, or even just to demonstrate your preference for some specific type of activity.

Quote Originally Posted by XxLightningxX View Post
    Could i get some pics of that pie?
    Like the previous 3 things mention in the post, THEY MUST BE EARNED WITH BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS!
    (Or you know, 45 minutes/some basic ingredients and a camera)

Also looking back, I honestly think this has come up in the last 3 blizzcons. and atleast 3 or 4 different interviews.

Every single time they dismissed achievements points as just an epeen meter, and that they had no plans to make them spendable.

Can you imagine otherwise?

Oh I got a mount, OOH and an achievement for that mount, OOOOH and an achievement for having soo many achievements. OOOOH NOW I CAN AFFORD MY TABARD! sweet tabard achievement. WOOT JUST ENOUGH FOR ANOTHER MOUNT (Start from the beginning)
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Imo it should be currency of some sort (not gear,weapons etc) but titles,pets,mounts and alot more. I know there are rewards like that, but it not that much of mounts/pets.
    Anyway i dont think "hardcore" players would wine if they made this happend, because casuals cant and wont get as much as them, and even if they do its *rare* to see.
    But atm ingame there are maybe a few that cares about achievement points, and the rest hate it and wine about it. (tbh this, as i am an achievement farmer, its so annoying and hard to try to force people to do achievements)
    In my guild, we had a mix of pve and pvp and it was "war" everytime we tried to talk about achievements, it was hours of discussion only to complete the meta achievement. (damn pvpers, and yes we were the best guild still)
    If they would change the system, so that it would be something "others" would want to get aswell.

*The more i write, the more i understand how pointless it is to write. People wont stop "i dont care about mounts", if they add mount rewards*

Anyway i think they should add some kind of Vendor for achievement points, or they could simply reward more things!
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kavelos View Post
    City of Heroes is a lot like that. Badges came from everything from Kill Counts, to Quests, to Exploration & History (Lore). With so many to choose from, you've got options that are thematic with your powers, or your character's story, something that sounds cool, or even just to demonstrate your preference for some specific type of activity.
    Haha, yes. I have a tendency to proudly wear my top-tier "you died a bazillion times" title. Or one of the ones for damage taken. There are a lot of nifty titles there that I love.

I also loved Warhammer Online's titles- some with really obscure ways to get (be targeted by other players in PvP X times while naked, for example), many that are very silly... really well done overall. I never did figure out how to get "the Above-Average" .. wanted that sucker so bad.. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    Imo it should be currency of some sort (not gear,weapons etc) but titles,pets,mounts and alot more. I know there are rewards like that, but it not that much of mounts/pets.
    Anyway i dont think "hardcore" players would wine if they made this happend, because casuals cant and wont get as much as them, and even if they do its *rare* to see.
    But atm ingame there are maybe a few that cares about achievement points, and the rest hate it and wine about it. (tbh this, as i am an achievement farmer, its so annoying and hard to try to force people to do achievements)
    In my guild, we had a mix of pve and pvp and it was "war" everytime we tried to talk about achievements, it was hours of discussion only to complete the meta achievement. (damn pvpers, and yes we were the best guild still)
    If they would change the system, so that it would be something "others" would want to get aswell.

*The more i write, the more i understand how pointless it is to write. People wont stop "i dont care about mounts", if they add mount rewards*

Anyway i think they should add some kind of Vendor for achievement points, or they could simply reward more things!
    The point we are all trying to make here is blizzard doesnt want to hand you a reward everytime you take a step. You would literrally be getting achievements (Mount/Pet/Tabard ones anyways) just for completing other achievements, and those achievements will be giving you points to complete others.

It makes it easier to compare on a large scale too, if all of us spent all our achievement points, people would actually have to go through by hand and see how many we had. The counter on the front page wouldnt work so well, what if two people had 500 achievements each, but the second person completed a bunch of really really hard ones first that would of awarded 50 points/each? Sure he would have more pets/mounts but you cant see other players pets/mounts unless they are actively using them,

They are fine as an Epeen meter. If it aint broke, dont fix it!
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Just a random thought, while I don't think Blizzard should make Achievement points mean anything other than a representation of how many achievements you've done (so not a currency), I do think Blizzard should be a lot more liberal with title creation, and should include them with a lot more achievements.
    I agree 100%. I'd love to have a Tome of Knowledge type of system like Warhammer Online. I think it would fun in WoW to have tidbits of lore to go along with discovering areas and background stories on major lore characters. I'd like more roleplaying type of rewards from achievements as well.

Achievements are good, always bring an Achievement to a party.

(I just hope theres gonna be new tiers of Mount/Pet achieves activated with Cata. My life has been a bleak empty void since I got those... My main goal in WoW, gone.)

Deleted
    How can People already have "Cataclysm Dungeon Hero"? Some linked this achievement in trade.

Deleted
    Fake?

Quote Originally Posted by Yai View Post
    How can People already have "Cataclysm Dungeon Hero"? Some linked this achievement in trade.
    You can fake achievement links, aslong as the achievements in the game files. I could link you the achievement for any heroic Cata raid completed 12/12/1970 =/

I wouldn't mind gaining xp (not massive amounts but some) for achievements earned >85. That would be cool (and yeah I know you earn exp by doing most of the things anyway but still)

Quote Originally Posted by Hakasu View Post
    Would be cool to get vanity items like tabards and titles for reaching a hefty amount of achievement points though
    You understand the concept of to get all 11600 achievement points you get like 3 tabards, like 5 pets, and 7 mounts?

---------- Post added 2010-12-07 at 02:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    You can fake achievement links, aslong as the achievements in the game files. I could link you the achievement for any heroic Cata raid completed 12/12/1970 =/
    I was linking the gnomeregan and zalazane's fall achievements the day they were put into the game files, so this is quite possible, sadly.