Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bonus skills suggestions. Thoughts?

taken from petopia forum
    =
    Bonus skill suggestions

1. Fetch
    a. The pet loots nearby corpses(10 yards) and brings it to you.
    b. Learnable by: Hyena, Wolves, Dogs, Warp Stalkers, Monkeys, Carrion Birds, Wasps.

2 Eyes of the beast
    a. The hunters take the sight of the beast. Channeled. Last for one minute or until canceled.(like"eyes of the beast")
    b. Learnable by: Birds of prey, Spiders, Bats, Moths.

3. Air bubble
    a. Makes air bubble that automatically can catch whatever fish that the hunter caught while fishing. (Basically hunters that has these kind of pets out does not need to right click on the bobble.)
    b. Learnable by: Crabs, Turtles, Nether Rays, Crocolisk, Serpents, Wind Serpents, Silithids.

4. Summon Tickbird
    a. Summons a tickbird to groom the pet, slowly generating happiness. Once in combat the tickbird will fly off.
    b. Learnable by: Devilsaurs, Rhinos, Gorilla.

5. Spitfire/Wildfire
    a. The pet will automatically create a small fire whenever you are cooking and reduce cooking time by 5%.
    b. Learnable by: Dragonhawks, Chimeras, Corehounds, Sporebats.

6. Dig
    a. The pet helps you dig for artifacts faster.
    b. Learnable by: Worms, Scorpids, Beettles, Ravagers, Tallstriders, Raptors.

Fox's play also now slightly increases the pet's happiness.
    Last edited by Hyde; 2010-12-07 at 09:37 AM.

Honestly I like all of those except danger sense ( would be weird/hard to use), which more or less precludes them from being added into the game. Basically even harmless as all they are they are too much work and too good for blizz to implement ( despite replicating effects mostly already in the game) that it'll never happen.

On the topic it would be fun to give pets a "marking" ability where they mark an object/player and then get a minor bonus of some kind when attacking creatures near it. The bonus wouldn't be + damage necessarily. Stuff such as extra Hp, increased movement speed, damage reduction, a bonus to Stealth detection when near the mark. or possibly others and more varying by pet type. And I don't just say this because I want to pee on my pocket healers shoes in pvp. Or maybe i do.
    Last edited by Vurrin; 2010-12-05 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vurrin View Post
    Honestly I like all of those except danger sense ( would be weird/hard to use), which more or less precludes them from being added into the game. Basically even harmless as all they are they are too much work and too good for blizz to implement ( despite replicating effects mostly already in the game) that it'll never happen.

On the topic it would be fun to give pets a "marking" ability where they mark an object/player and then get a minor bonus of some kind when attacking creatures near it. The bonus wouldn't be + damage necessarily. Stuff such as extra Hp, increased movement speed, damage reduction, a bonus to Stealth detection when near the mark. or possibly others and more varying by pet type. And I don't just say this because I want to pee on my pocket healers shoes in pvp. Or maybe i do.
    1. you will don't have to cast 'danger sense', it's auto cast, like Qiraji fort

2. Bonus skills aren't meant to be op as in combat enhancing skills.
    Last edited by Hyde; 2010-12-05 at 05:17 PM.

1. Engi have that
    2. Minor glyph
    3.Skill removed cus wasnt used so you want it back?
    4.Tracking rings a bell?
    5. WTF? if anything pets would eat that fish. And if it would go thru it would be OP compared to other classes
    6. see 2
    7. Its not enought that cooking fire is now base ability? And same as fishing it would be OP compared to other classes

Quote Originally Posted by hunteromg View Post
    1. Engi have that
    2. Minor glyph
    3.Skill removed cus wasnt used so you want it back?
    4.Tracking rings a bell?
    5. WTF? if anything pets would eat that fish. And if it would go thru it would be OP compared to other classes
    6. see 2
    7. Its not enought that cooking fire is now base ability? And same as fishing it would be OP compared to other classes
    1. not all hunters are engi and link please.
    2. so does bear's
    3.yup
    4.track and having something warns you is 2 different things.
    5. not all pets eat fish. and how is it op of not have to right clicking the bobble?
    6.and how is that op?

---------- Post added 2010-12-05 at 06:11 PM ----------

Seriously off all the pure dps class, only hunters has no cool ooc utilities.

Let's see; mages can conjure food and ports people

Locks can conjure soul cookies and summon people

rogues get to pickpocket and open lock boxes

hunters has nada, yay?
    Last edited by Hyde; 2010-12-05 at 06:17 PM.

I dunno, Traps seem like a pretty useful utility. Feign Death is pretty great...

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    I dunno, Traps seem like a pretty useful utility. Feign Death is pretty great...
    both of the examples skills you have given are necessary skills in combat. You really want to compare those to pick locking, summoning and portals?

Most of our cool utility is our combat stuff. Mages really only have Sheep.

Those skills are neat but none of them are really useful in the same way that lockpicking or portals are, especially since they're all pet related.

Deleted
    i want vanity pets do non-combat stuff, like grab loot, catch fish, make hunter pets happy etc... But then, vanity won't be in place :<
    this way it'll be equal no matter your class.

Those skills are neat but none of them are really useful in the same way that lockpicking or portals are, especially since they're all pet related.
    well I would love if hunters can set up trap for food or something but pet related ooc thing is a great way to implement ooc utility for hunters.

and mage's sheep is probably one of the most reliable cc in wow.

well we are hunters right? i like those idea. I used Eagle eye (especially in pvp) and Keen vision would be very nice. Having pet loot for us would too since we are ranged and only pet is on mob.

"Trap for food" - I'm intrigued. What do you mean by this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea, but Danger Sense doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by inferno138 View Post
    I like the idea, but Danger Sense doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
    it would be like this

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=87569/a...-up-your-spine

but instead of higher levels mobs it warns the number of hostiles in the area.

---------- Post added 2010-12-05 at 06:46 PM ----------

"Trap for food" - I'm intrigued. What do you mean by this?
    the hunter leaves a trap somewhere and can check if any dead beasts are stuck to loot for meat or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like most of these ideas, But then people would cry about having to get one of each pet for every little buff when doing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    1. not all hunters are engi and link please.
    2. so does bear's
    3.yup
    4.track and having something warns you is 2 different things.
    5. not all pets eat fish. and how is it op of not have to right clicking the bobble?
    6.and how is that op?

---------- Post added 2010-12-05 at 06:11 PM ----------

Seriously off all the pure dps class, only hunters has no cool ooc utilities.

Let's see; mages can conjure food and ports people

Locks can conjure soul cookies and summon people

rogues get to pickpocket and open lock boxes

hunters has nada, yay?
    1. http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/84421/loot-a-rang/ It would be unfair for hunters to have smth that others need profession to get
    2. yes bear and fox and smth else have it but imo its utter bullshit since there is minor glyph for that. and its realy big deal to have your pet nestle or have bird on it? if they are going to do smth with it they better fix pets pathfinding then giving them usless abilites.
    4. so you dont watch your mini map? how is that going to be different from tracking? no1 can come close to you if not stleahted/invisible and the "skill" OP suggest is the same as tracking. So sorry if you are to lazy to look at mini map.
    5. How is not OP to not click bobble? c'mon dude are you for real with that? Its OP in a way you can cast and afk not worrying about having to click when fish is couhgt
    6.10% faster cooking is not OP? try to cook 500 fish feasts then say its no OP

And about argument how hunters are only dps class that does not have cool ooc utilites. So what if we dont have?
    All ablities of other classes you mention are usefull for community. Mage makes you food or port you, lock summon you and rogue open boxes for you. And all hunter ablites mentioned here are selfish. Unless you are like realy good samarian and will fish or cook for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelbak-Illidan View Post
    I like most of these ideas, But then people would cry about having to get one of each pet for every little buff when doing something.

well not all people currently are getting bears for sleep . I think these pets are just used when you are either leveling profession etc.

but I'm really sure the benefits out-weights the unneeded qqs.

---------- Post added 2010-12-05 at 07:27 PM ----------

1. http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/84421/loot-a-rang/ It would be unfair for hunters to have smth that others need profession to get
    2. yes bear and fox and smth else have it but imo its utter bullshit since there is minor glyph for that. and its realy big deal to have your pet nestle or have bird on it? if they are going to do smth with it they better fix pets pathfinding then giving them usless abilites.
    4. so you dont watch your mini map? how is that going to be different from tracking? no1 can come close to you if not stleahted/invisible and the "skill" OP suggest is the same as tracking. So sorry if you are to lazy to look at mini map.
    5. How is not OP to not click bobble? c'mon dude are you for real with that? Its OP in a way you can cast and afk not worrying about having to click when fish is couhgt
    6.10% faster cooking is not OP? try to cook 500 fish feasts then say its no OP

And about argument how hunters are only dps class that does not have cool ooc utilites. So what if we dont have?
    All ablities of other classes you mention are usefull for community. Mage makes you food or port you, lock summon you and rogue open boxes for you. And all hunter ablites mentioned here are selfish. Unless you are like realy good samarian and will fish or cook for others.
    1. rogues have lockpick where other classes need to be engine
    2.so?
    4.Yes sometimes people are oblivious. so it isnt op at all who cares?
    5.yes it's not op. at least not op as to wait for zep or ride mounts and just porting from town to town.
    6.yup not op.

Hunter is a solo class, we are not selfish, we just can survive by ourself better than others.
    Last edited by Hyde; 2010-12-05 at 07:31 PM.

I don't know what you are talking about but I used eagle eye just yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    well not all people currently are getting bears for sleep . I think these pets are just used when you are either leveling profession etc.

but I'm really sure the benefits out-weights the unneeded qqs.

---------- Post added 2010-12-05 at 07:27 PM ----------

1. rogues have lockpick where other classes need to be engine
    2.so?
    4.Yes sometimes people are oblivious. so it isnt op at all who cares?
    5.yes it's not op. at least not op as to wait for zep or ride mounts and just porting from town to town.
    6.yup not op.

Hunter is a solo class, we are not selfish, we just can survive by ourself better than others.
    1. Oh thats why there is no anymore locked doors or chests?

if you cant understand why 5 and 6 would be OP i cant help you.

not even going to comment your statment how hunter is a solo class. Can you explain a bit more? Do you mean we can solo a lot of things? So what do you say about DK soloing TK? Or druids, or paladins, or shamans or warriors or any other class? Or do you mean you play MMO so you can play solo? hard to understand what you mean tbh.

And i dont know about us being selfish but what i am saying that the ablites you are presenting here are selfish. And if you want to play a game where you can stand in town and play with your pet maybe hello kitty or pokemon red are better for you. Hunters should not be interested if their bear will sleep or fox will dance.

1. Oh thats why there is no anymore locked doors or chests?

if you cant understand why 5 and 6 would be OP i cant help you.

not even going to comment your statment how hunter is a solo class. Can you explain a bit more? Do you mean we can solo a lot of things? So what do you say about DK soloing TK? Or druids, or paladins, or shamans or warriors or any other class? Or do you mean you play MMO so you can play solo? hard to understand what you mean tbh.

And i dont know about us being selfish but what i am saying that the ablites you are presenting here are selfish. And if you want to play a game where you can stand in town and play with your pet maybe hello kitty or pokemon red are better for you. Hunters should not be interested if their bear will sleep or fox will dance.
    Seriously it's not selfish. That's like saying shaman's earth living weapon is selfish. LOL

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 01:38 PM ----------

edited.