Deleted

Alchemy - Where do I actually get the recipe for the Vial of the Sands?

Have looked around but no answers. I'm kinda leaning towards me failing at googling actually but I wanna take the easy way out. Or well, depends on how you see it really.

you learn it through discovery

Quote Originally Posted by Myutwo View Post
    you learn it through discovery
    and that is? through 85 transmutes or?

Recipe: Vial of the Sands
    Epic
    Binds when picked up
    Alchemy
    Item Level 85
    Requires Alchemy (525)
    Learning
    Teaches you how to make the Vial of the Sands.
    Vial of the Sands
    Epic
    Binds when picked up
    Mount
    Requires Level 80
    Item Level 85
    Requires Riding (225)
    Learning
    Teaches you how to transform into a dragon, allowing you to fly very fast and carry an ally on your back.
    "Teaches you how to transform into a dragon, allowing you to fly very fast and carry an ally on your back."
    Cannot be disenchanted
    Sell Price: 25g
    Requires Pyrium-Laced Crystalline Vial, Sands of Time (8), Truegold (12), Flask of the Winds (8), Flask of Titanic Strength (8), Deepstone Oil (8)

Quote Originally Posted by Nialyah View Post
    Recipe: Vial of the Sands
    Epic
    Binds when picked up
    Alchemy
    Item Level 85
    Requires Alchemy (525)
    Learning
    Teaches you how to make the Vial of the Sands.
    Vial of the Sands
    Epic
    Binds when picked up
    Mount
    Requires Level 80
    Item Level 85
    Requires Riding (225)
    Learning
    Teaches you how to transform into a dragon, allowing you to fly very fast and carry an ally on your back.
    "Teaches you how to transform into a dragon, allowing you to fly very fast and carry an ally on your back."
    Cannot be disenchanted
    Sell Price: 25g
    Requires Pyrium-Laced Crystalline Vial, Sands of Time (8), Truegold (12), Flask of the Winds (8), Flask of Titanic Strength (8), Deepstone Oil (8)
    what do you think this answers to? The original question was where is the recipe received from, and as Myutwo claimed its by discovery... So its from transmutes at 85? Some clarification would help.

i think its a random discovery from doing w/e alchemist do that lets them discover new recipes.

i realize that sentence sounds retarded

I was reading somewhere that it is a discovery. So as you skill up your alchy you just happen to trip over it and "Discover" it. I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by konaman View Post
    i think its a random discovery from doing w/e alchemist do that lets them discover new recipes.

i realize that sentence sounds retarded
    this was the best answer yet to this thread, thanks. Alchemists do transmutes and now "northrend alchemy research" might be something like "illustrous alchemy research" or... i dunno, research of the giant chin?

Anyway thanks.

Deleted
    I haven't read anything about the BC discovery model coming back, so it's very likely the next level of research (i.e. the kind you can do every few days).

Deleted
    but if it's a discovery/research, why would they include a recipe scroll for it? it has a buyback price and everything

I read it was a smart drop (something that only drops if you don't have it and have the profession...think that one engineering repair bot I'm drawing a blank on the name of)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    I read it was a smart drop (something that only drops if you don't have it and have the profession...think that one engineering repair bot I'm drawing a blank on the name of)
    jeeves :P

The BC discovery system was in wrath also just not used as much.

It may be from a boss drop that has not been put into the game yet. The most logical place to put it would be off of Heroic Maloriak, himself a draconian alchemist.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    ...think that one engineering repair bot I'm drawing a blank on the name of)
    Jeeves

Damn, engineers don't need to do heroics/raids to get the ability to make the Chopper.
    (I think, I'm a noob so not sure)

Why do we need to do heroics (ok...) or raids (hope not!)? Sigh.

I really hope it's a discovery, even if that doesn't make me happy either (guess it's a random 0.0001% chance to get it?).
    I want to carry my friends around!

Oh well. Dinner time, midnight approaching...
    "I look bigger in those mirrors where things look bigger."