Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Worgen" is the plural form of worgen, NOT "worgens".

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it me or does Deathwing look alot like a charging raptor on that picture?

kinda sucks i booked myself to work tonight so i could have the rest of the week off i was thinking if i worked tonight finished at 8am slept till 11am or 12pm i would be refreshed enough for a long 48h none sleeping session. my thoughts were servers wont go live with cata till approx 11am. unfortunataly but fortunate for others this is not the case they go live at 11pm here (12am server time). damn damn damn damn damn..

oh isn't blizzard French and activation American? so they are kinda joint French-American? Remember reading something about blizz being French that's all i know they have there HQ all over the place i think a main one is in California though? I could be wrong please correct/educate me.

It's only ten hours difference, what's the big deal about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    kinda sucks i booked myself to work tonight so i could have the rest of the week off i was thinking if i worked tonight finished at 8am slept till 11am or 12pm i would be refreshed enough for a long 48h none sleeping session. my thoughts were servers wont go live with cata till approx 11am. unfortunataly but fortunate for others this is not the case they go live at 11pm here (12am server time). damn damn damn damn damn..

oh isn't blizzard French and activation American? so they are kinda joint French-American? Remember reading something about blizz being French that's all i know they have there HQ all over the place i think a main one is in California though? I could be wrong please correct/educate me.
    no Blizz started as Silicon and Synapse based out of California in the early 90s I think. I'm pretty sure anyway. That was before they did Warcraft O&H though. Now Activision is majorly owned by Vivendi which is french.
    Blizzard has changed hands several times since then: Davidson was acquired along with Sierra On-Line by a company called CUC International in 1996; CUC then merged with a hotel, real-estate, and car-rental franchiser called HFS Corporation to form Cendant in 1997. In 1998 it became apparent that CUC had engaged in accounting fraud for years before the merger; Cendant's stock lost 80% of its value over the next six months in the ensuing widely discussed accounting scandal. The company sold its consumer software operations, Sierra On-line which included Blizzard, to French publisher Havas in 1998, the same year Havas was purchased by Vivendi. Blizzard was part of the Vivendi Games group of Vivendi. In July 2008 Vivendi Games merged with Activision, using Blizzard's name in the resulting company, Activision Blizzard.
    That explains it better than I can.
    Last edited by lunaspike; 2010-12-06 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks for doing all the hard work of putting this information together guys! Great job!

Deleted
    LOL yeah, free Healthcare.
    As a US Citizen:
    You don't pay for the Police.
    You don't pay for the Army.
    You don't pay for Government.
    You don't pay for the Fire Department.

But you do pay for Healthcare.

"I'm sorry sir, we'll just need to take your credit card details before we can send a Squad Car around to your house".
    -America, 2020 Privatized Police System.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    no Blizz started as Silicon and Synapse based out of California in the early 90s I think. I'm pretty sure anyway. That was before they did Warcraft O&H though. Now Activision is majorly owned by Vivendi which is french.

That explains it better than I can.
    thanks learn something new everyday heh lol.

Oh and guys whats all the QQ about American / eu who cares its a game we all play it and all enjoy it I'm from the eu and im perfectly happy with us getting it first but i would also be happy if the us got it first. We should be expressing our excitement about the release and not our resent for on another, other wise the game might as well be eu vs us rather than horde vs alliance?
    Last edited by Domiku; 2010-12-06 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    thanks learn something new everyday heh lol.

Oh and guys whats all the QQ about American / eu who cares its a game we all play it and all enjoy it I'm from the eu and im perfectly happy with us getting it first but i would also be happy if the us got it first. We should be expressing our excitement about the release and not our resent for on another, other wise the game might as well be eu vs us rather than horde vs alliance?
    You know what, I'm from America. If you are QQing that EU gets a head start then you need to get a life. Seriously is it really going to hurt anyone? Oh no they get a few hours, well big freaking deal.

Anyway I completely agree with you man. I'm happy you guys get a head start. It would be really annoying if I were in EU and it launched at like 3 a.m. or something. I personally think it was a smart move of them. It makes me sad though that I will see other people from this country complaining about something they should be cheering for. That is fairness. It really is only fair they get to start at a relative time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay! New moderators!

As a US Citizen:
    You don't pay for the Police.
    You don't pay for the Army.
    You don't pay for Government.
    You don't pay for the Fire Department.

But you do pay for Healthcare.

"I'm sorry sir, we'll just need to take your credit card details before we can send a Squad Car around to your house".
    -America, 2020 Privatized Police System.
    What are you talking about? Have you ever heard of taxes? Maybe I just misunderstood what you wrote. /boggle

Anyway, I am an American, I don't care who gets to play WoW first, I'm just excited to play! And thanks for the consolidated information!

Good luck to all the players in the expansion. Be well.

Deleted
    Again nymph will be the first 85lvl on the world ?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think it would be possible to add the new reputations to this page as well?

Thanks for merging all that information onto one page, super helpful. <3

Deleted
    can not believe it...in few hours there will be the next world first! looking forward to it...it's always a big clääsch

1 hour to go for you Euros. Have fun guys!

Deleted
    Will do :O gonna play the whole night in dungeons with guildmates.. IF the dungeon servers don't crash, that's it >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhh. so why does EU get it 9 hours earlier?

why the F...! it wont accept my credit card, which i used to pay wow 2 years and i wanna pay it now again, cause i have account frozen!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaaa half hour to go damn! account already upgraded to Cata and then THIS!

Not sure why the counter is telling me only 7 hours for the US. lol