10+ Year Old Account

[Glory of the Icecrown Raider (10 player)] question..

Will [Glory of the Icecrown Raider (10 player)] go away in cataclysm, i meen the mount? =(

Deleted
    As of this moment yes, there are no announcements about it going away.

Same goes for 25man version and ULD10/25 drakes.

Afaik They wouldn't remove mounts... need another to confirm it to.

Anyone got the Blue on this one?

Also: 1531 mins until Cata

EDIT: Got beaten to it...

10+ Year Old Account
    The mount is still in, but no longer 310%. So far the haven't said they are taking the achieves out.

15+ Year Old Account
    The achievement and mount were still there on beta and no blue post have indicated its removal. Besides, the only people who are going to be getting it will be the one who are lacking only a few achievements. I doubt a lot of newly dinged level 85s will head on down to ICC two weeks in a row for the mounts. Of course there will be the people who do, but that will, in my opinion, be a very small amount.

Besides - the mount no longer offers anything more (gameplay wise) than any other mount.

There were many official announcements about this.

All meta-achievement based mount rewards are permanently staying in, apparently most titles are staying in as well. There has been no official announcement about the titles though, but Blizzards decision should be fairly obvious by now.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is someone you shouldn't be talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by Aficionado The Paladin View Post

All meta-achievement based mount rewards are permanently staying in, apparently most titles are staying in as well. There has been no official announcement about the titles though, but Blizzards decision should be fairly obvious by now.

While I believe you are correct, it's always nice to link to a blue post or some kind of source for things like this. Helps if people can say "I read a blue post about it" Instead of "This guy on the forum said".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post
    While I believe you are correct, it's always nice to link to a blue post or some kind of source for things like this. Helps if people can say "I read a blue post about it" Instead of "This guy on the forum said".
    I Agree
    Nice, that all my alts can get the Frostbrood Vanquishers now

Quote Originally Posted by Aficionado The Paladin View Post

I can 100% see Blizzards reasoning on this. They made all of that content, all those achievements and they want people to still experience them. I mean, no one goes into Naxx anymore and does achievements / content because they dont have that mount reward danging in front of them.

This is the 100000000th thread on mmo, no they released a blue post months ago detailing what was going and what was staying, everything currently in game is staying until further notice.

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 06:26 PM ----------

People will be running these again with guild as there are guild achievements for completing them in a guild group that will help level the guild. There are guild achievements for completing every remaining bit of old content with a guild group.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be taken out imo, it gives the people that did it in wrath the opportunity to rub it in all the other players' faces. Now all the people that actually tried hard to get it in wrath will have is teh little date on their ach that nobody will read or care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrossedd View Post
    It should be taken out imo, it gives the people that did it in wrath the opportunity to rub it in all the other players' faces. Now all the people that actually tried hard to get it in wrath will have is teh little date on their ach that nobody will read or care about.
    Seriously...? Do people want to rub things in other peoples faces in game, I hope its realized this just makes the person doing it look bad. Showing off something as a matter of pride, maybe. Rubbing things in peoples faces is pretty juvenile. Even more reason to leave it in. Deflate some artificially inflated epeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrossedd View Post
    I'm not freaking out about it by any means but that's what bothers me about titles now, you can't simply look @ someones title and go "Nice, that person earned that when that expansion was current content". Now you have to armory someone to check a date.

But I'm not a hater. logically, mature people with actual self-esteem won't be bothered by others getting something easier then they did. I'm happy for people going back and getting things they want, because honestly, it doesn't matter. Let people enjoy the game and be happy for what they get. Another way to look at it is Person A who earned a reward 2 years before Person B will have the honor and enjoyment of using that reward long before Person B. Think of it as a way to get something awesome on alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    Seriously...? Do people want to rub things in other peoples faces in game, I hope its realized this just makes the person doing it look bad. Showing off something as a matter of pride, maybe. Rubbing things in peoples faces is pretty juvenile. Even more reason to leave it in. Deflate some artificially inflated epeen.
    You're right, it seems I chose the incorrect words to get by what I meant. I will stand by my opinion that it should be taken out, along with a few other titles and mounts. I will choose my words more carefully in the future. I wasn't intending to get such a hostile reaction out of my post, just wanted to contribute to the convo.

Im still missing 2 Non boss achieves from my 25 man meta, Id like to be able to go back and complete at some point after a year of ICC. I think that not allowing ppl to complete these, as there are quite a few. I know in my guild there several missing one or two from the meta, where most of the guild got their mounts already. Not allowing said people to complete something they put so much work into would not be acceptable. lol

Since 4.0.3a launched it is still there because I got the one from Ulduar 10. Since all those types of changes have occured then it is safe to say they will remain for the foreseeable future. Since 310% speed is trainable there is nothing special about the mounts other then graphics so I guess they decided it wasn't worth the effort of removing them.

I dont even want to ride it, just finish the meta. But, as completing Heroic ICC as a guild group is one of the new achieves for guild, no doubt well be going back once everyone hits 85.

my newly form guild and i have yet to get the mounts and we have already talked about one nice for shits and gigs before we are fully geared for the new raid we will take a trip down to icc and get our metas (cus its the coolest mount yet), plus icc will still reward jps so it will go toward getting our 333 gear.

Also, remember that there are guild achievements and they award perks. A lot of guilds are going to go back to get the guild achievements and might as well do some mounts while they are there.