Giving rides (flying) to people who don't have Cataclysm in Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdo?

Will it let them get on?

For example, I have Cataclysm ordered, my Brother won't be able to for a few weeks, so he'll still be limited to WOTLK. Will I be able to fly him around on my X-53 Touring Rocket in Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor?

15+ Year Old Account
    Most likely you wont be able to take him into the new zones though, since you need the xpac to enter them.

Deleted
    You should be able to enter the new zones without the expansion I believe. There's no feasible logic as to why this wouldn't be possible

Azerothian flying is the same as northrend flying: people were able to give rides on passenger mounts to people without the skill.

I charge 20g a ride.
    MAINFRAME-80 Blood Elf Shadow Priest: Kil'Jaeden

My hair styling website:
    www.wix.com/misfitgurl66/kmainframe

Quote Originally Posted by Berkan View Post
    You should be able to enter the new zones without the expansion I believe. There's no feasible logic as to why this wouldn't be possible
    No Man's Land debuff. I've been there.

Quote Originally Posted by misfitgurl66 View Post
    I charge 20g a ride.
    You should start up a cab service

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by misfitgurl66 View Post
    I charge 20g a ride.
    lool!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    No Man's Land debuff. I've been there.
    Isn't the No Man's Land debuff temporary until launch? I didn't think they were gonna keep it, it's a rather strange mechanic to keep people out.

10+ Year Old Account
    im pretty sure you can fly them into these higher zones but seeing as they cant lvl past 80, im sure it would suck if you dropped them in a higher end zone lol

yup i can verify this too i tried this in beta i just so happend to have created a level 1 newbie just for fun and i saw someone flying around with the rocket so i asked him if i can hitch a ride. Lo and behold it worked like a charm.

I have to kick myself though i paid pretty much 50 bucks to get the mount myself (i really think that they should have just put the mount in the store for like 30 bucks would have been waaay better then the darn stupid sparkley horse that everyone bought because it can go to 310 if you have 310 only to find out that oops once cataclysm hits guess what? you can get 310 for ALL your mounts dont you feel hurt now?) anyways the touring rocket actually has cool social applications as it allows you to give a flying ride to ANYONE even those without flying yet :-) pretty sweet.

but as i said i had to kick myself because littearly DAYS after i bought the second copy and 60 day time code...blizzard announces hey guess what? for this week only World of war craft is only 5 bucks! i was like ARGGH!)

oh well