Faction/Race change on day 1 strategy?

Hey MMo-Champions,

I, like many, am going to faction change a character to worgen on day 1 of Cataclysm. My main concern will be an enormous faction change queue. I recently faction changed another toon and was reminded of the fact that when you faction change you pretty much receive the ability to faction change whenever you feel like it(because the faction change icon appears beside the toon you paid for).

My question is, you guys think it'll work to pay for a faction change now and then use the faction change to worgen as soon as you have a Cata key attached to your account?

10+ Year Old Account
    In theory, yes. Don't be surprised if there are issues, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    In theory, yes. Don't be surprised if there are issues, though.
    That's my worry.

From my recent faction transfer(post sundering), there were the worgen and goblin icons in the faction changing screen and when you moused over it would say "requires cataclysm".

Blues have confirmed that this will work, yes. I'd suggest buying it now to minimize wait time.

Im to scared to buy it atm and use it on release mostly because of any issues that might happen.
    Ohh great cata... Change to Goblin... Naked goblin on login screen with 0 gold & empty bags... cant risk it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    Blues have confirmed that this will work, yes. I'd suggest buying it now to minimize wait time.
    That was a good idea. I got a mage on horde, and I wanna play goblin in cata. So it would be best to buy it now, and instantly get to goblin when I install cata?
    Assistant (to the) Regional Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    I'm looking for the quote, do you happen to have a link?

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 03:27 AM ----------

hmmm

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 03:31 AM ----------

FOUND IT!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...759?page=8#160

"I've been told that if you buy a race change now you can simply wait until the new race/class combos are available to use it. I don't see why that wouldn't also apply to goblin/worgen, but I haven't seen specific confirmation.

If it's comforting, when you click the button to change race you can actually cancel out and not use it. When you click on the button you're not forced to use the race change request right then and there. In any case I guess my point is you could cancel out and seek further assistance. "