Thread: A bit lost....

A bit lost....

Just looking for advice on pvp/pve specs and glyph choices thanks in advance.

elitistjerks (dot) com (slash) forums
    Sorry, can't post links 'cause I'm a newbie.

No better source, and constantly current.

If you wanna be a robot and play like them, sure have fun, but there's ton's of ways to play and pull your weight your way, play it for fun, not beucase you HAVE to.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

I checked the usual spots like EJ and Arena Junkies seems outdated. I hate not being in the know
    Last edited by Marvdatboi; 2010-12-06 at 06:00 AM.

Peruse our vast forums. Or make a more detailed thread asking what specifically you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    If you wanna be a robot and play like them, sure have fun, but there's ton's of ways to play and pull your weight your way, play it for fun, not beucase you HAVE to.
    So you are suggesting that he not take advise from a good a source that is successful? That seems a bit illogical.

I also recommended elitist jerks

Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    These comments make me WAT.

There's a COMPLETE difference between following someone/something blindly, or following something because it gives the best results.

Would you not stop at red lights because everyone else does stop at them? If so, have fun in the morgue.

*edit*
    To be on topic, Elitist Jerks and Arenajunkies are both great sites to use. There's a lot of information on them so you might have to spend a bit reading/looking around, but it's worth it.

Also wowpopular.com

go mutilate, no brains required there. how do i know? not very sure, but i think im mutilate. i'm pulling over 12k dps and hit over 2k hitting 2 buttons. all this and i stack strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samalas View Post
    These comments make me WAT.
    Would you not stop at red lights because everyone else does stop at them? If so, have fun in the morgue.
    I chuckled.

Anyhow. I think there comes a point in everyone's life (hopefully) when you realize that the reason people are all doing the same thing is because it works. There are people out there who break down the numbers and find out what works best and most of us follow. Not because we're sheep, but because it's been proven to work well. If people want to spam Ice Lance in heroics because they find it fun, that's their choice. It's also the group's choice whether or not they want to give the mage the boot for being useless.

2c

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as specs go, anything will do.

Assass: High damage at the moment, that's always a big help.
    Combat: Best survivability of all three trees, not exactly up to par on damage, but Blade Flurry is golden for taking down multiples.
    Sub: Don't know much about it. I've heard lots to manage, so it may not be optimal, but also heard its a lotta fun, so idk.

As far as glyphs go, Elitist Jerks is your best bet for that. They may be a little out of date, but not too much has changed for rogues since 4.0.1, so something as simple as glyphs shouldn't be much of a breaker. Just pick what you think suits each spec the best. Leveling is hard to model because everyone likes to do it differently. Personally, I'm leveling combat because I love it and I know it won't be viable at endgame, so I wanted to get one last hurrah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

TBH ive been playing my rogue since the day this game came out and i cant remember a time when rogues had this many different options available. Wotever you love about rogues you can do...

EJ had everything you need. Rogues don't have much room for difference in terms of Specs, you might have 1-2 points to choose what filler talents to use, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Synexlol View Post
    EJ had everything you need. Rogues don't have much room for difference in terms of Specs, you might have 1-2 points to choose what filler talents to use, but that's about it.
    i dont aggree at all... there are 3 working specs to chose from to level to 85 and once at 85 there could be 3 specsto raid with aswell. Also there are 3 viable pvp specs atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno View Post
    TBH ive been playing my rogue since the day this game came out and i cant remember a time when rogues had this many different options available. Wotever you love about rogues you can do...
    At 85 your options are basically limited to mutilate only for going for top 10-20 kills and even going beyond that into the top 200-300 combat is only used IF and only IF the fight will allow you BF an add and something else at the same time that actually contributes to the fight. Otherwise mutilate is better all around and does 15% more during the execute phase. Sub is just too low to be viable for much in general. I have feeling they will buff it.