Conquest point vs gear cost

So it's around 27000 conquest points to get fully geared with the amount earned capped at your highest rating in any arena bracket or bg rating. So with a 2200 rating you are looking at around 12 weeks to get fully geared since offset gear requires arena points now for top level. This seems to defeat the purpose of doing both areas of competitive pvp since your reward is going to be capped by your highest rating in either one. It seems excessive to require conquest points for offset gear as well tbh. Am I the only one that sees it this way?[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by rtjason; 2010-12-06 at 10:08 PM.

Yeah, it does seem ridiculous that it takes so long to get geared for PVP now. By the time someone that PVP's has their full set, a PVE toon will be into heroic raid content. I don't know about you, but I take that as a hit to the pvp people in WOW.

Fail on the color highlighting btw.

Deleted
    In cata blues r most common items, epics should be rare. With blue pvp set (for honor points) u can get ~40% reduction dmg, epics is just an upgrade and should be hard to get. Look at pve, u can get epics only from raids or few items from valor points which u can get from 5m hc (which should be hard, we'll see), so don't expect that epic pvp gear will lay down on the floor like in wotlk ;P maybe on next tier, but not now. So at all, 12 weeks on high rating to get full epics looks fair enough for me.