Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparnotic View Post
    IMO they should remove both HLK titles. Not really fair to those who actually did the content while it was hard. : /
    they should have removed it when 20% buff came. Imo
    Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

Quote Originally Posted by Alskonda View Post
    And Mimiron's head.
    But according to wowhead, Invicible currently has 64% drop rate, which isn't really blizz's low drop rate.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50818
    Wowhead's "drop rate" is based entirely upon statistical sampling from addons and is highly fallible. It is meaningless. You really don't want to quote it, and trust me when I say you really don't want the detailed explanation of why you don't want to quote it.

When i got my kill, there were less than 500 guilds in the world to kill it. Being as it was still 30%, idc who you are, if you have idiots who make the same mistakes over and over again, the fights gonna be difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiso94 View Post
    Yeah, the thing is val'kyrs shouldn't be a problem because of the DPS increase but the movement will be kinda annoying because failers will always stand in defiles and get slaughtered by vile spirits...
    lol vile spirits wouldnt do crap vs cata geared people and the only hard part of H LK in cata is defile which is easy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulf View Post
    You actually get a raidspot as a clicker dps

sigh.

IMO they should remove both HLK titles. Not really fair to those who actually did the content while it was hard. : /
    This.

It's like getting a rare item in real life (IE: I got my grandads WW1 bayonet, there is not many originals left) and then someone decides to mass produce it and its easy to get...

It's seriously depressing, its funny how blizz kept champ of the naaru and hand of a'dal because it would be "easy" to get in wotlk, but then blizzard does not remove these titles, its ridiculous...
    Last edited by Wælcyrie; 2010-12-06 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    This.

It's like getting a rare item in real life (IE: I got my grandads WW1 bayonet, there is not many originals left) and then someone decides to mass produce it and its easy to get...
    Eh, I have Bane of the Fallen King (which is honestly a cooler sounding title IMO anyway), and I'm ok with people getting it. I had the benefit of wearing it when it was relevant, and just like your grandad's WWI bayonet, it can be authenticated. Anyone who actually cares if its "legit" or not can look up the date, just like anyone who cared to see if your antique weaponry there was legit, it could be appraised.

This.

It's seriously depressing, its funny how blizz kept champ of the naaru and hand of a'dal because it would be "easy" to get in wotlk, but then blizzard does not remove these titles, its ridiculous...
    Then I guess they should have removed these titles before 30% buff, because it's unfair to people who did it without easymode.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have it before Cata, you have an achievement with a date to prove it. Good enough for me. And the fight itself still requires you to know whats going on. It will be a load easier at 85, but not faceroll like TBC encounters are now, so it doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengha View Post
    This would have caused problems for guilds like mine, where we didn't start seriously raiding ICC until about 25%, when we had the people to do it. If they put in a way to convert it down to 20% then that's fine, but basically castrating a dungeon half way through its life would be annoying.

Its werid they removed Hand of A'dal and Champion of the Narru but did not remove Bane of the fallen king nor Light of Dawn, but then again blizz does want people to back and grind instances for mounts/titles etc..

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Then I guess they should have removed these titles before 30% buff, because it's unfair to people who did it without easymode.
    As a rule, I find that when it comes to these titles, mounts, and other such rewards, everyone is ok with it sticking around for as long as it took them to get, but that's it. God forbid someone else had an ounce more advantage or time than they did, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengha View Post
    You got it at 15% right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

10+ Year Old Account
    This.

This is kinda like a vintage verses remake thing. You have a rare Original Game Boy with proof that it's authentic. That's still worth more then if Nintendo decided to mass produce and remake them and sell them for 10$ at every store in the world. Think of Post-Cata HLK titles as a cheap knock off. They look the same, but mean much much less.

If your guild isn't retarded you'll wear Cataclysm title pretty fast and LoH / BotFK will be just as good as Kingslayer was for Wrath, just saying... let people wear title they want, wear what you want.

If you can't stop from cutting your wrist when people have LoD, hide titles from interface and only see funny names on people's head.

peace

edit: rofl @ date on achievement to prove you're still better than the cataclysm LoD

Same about other similiar titles?
    Kingslayer, of the nigthfall, Twilight Vanquisher, Starcaller, the Astral Caller?
    I know ToC ones get removed (not dailies)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    Eh, I have Bane of the Fallen King (which is honestly a cooler sounding title IMO anyway), and I'm ok with people getting it. I had the benefit of wearing it when it was relevant, and just like your grandad's WWI bayonet, it can be authenticated. Anyone who actually cares if its "legit" or not can look up the date, just like anyone who cared to see if your antique weaponry there was legit, it could be appraised.
    listen 2 this guy!

10+ Year Old Account
    You all act like you will be able to faceroll HLK at 85. You really won't. People who can't even get normal LK at 30% still won't, and won't be able to manage heroic. DPS and HP only matter after you understand and can deal with the mechanics of the fight. People will still stand in shadow traps, run in front of shamblers, not dispell the disease, stand in defile, ignore the valks, soak multiple spirits, ect. It adds up to a lot of unneccesary damage, and the way healing is designed in Cata, mana is important. Too much extra damage from trying to ignore mechanics will lead to ooming healers. The extra HP and DPS will be a buffer for sure, but it won't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    You all act like you will be able to faceroll HLK at 85. You really won't. People who can't even get normal LK at 30% still won't, and won't be able to manage heroic. DPS and HP only matter after you understand and can deal with the mechanics of the fight. People will still stand in shadow traps, run in front of shamblers, not dispell the disease, stand in defile, ignore the valks, soak multiple spirits, ect. It adds up to a lot of unneccesary damage, and the way healing is designed in Cata, mana is important. Too much extra damage from trying to ignore mechanics will lead to ooming healers. The extra HP and DPS will be a buffer for sure, but it won't fix stupid.
    There's no point in even arguing it. It's entirely irrelevant. Even if they made the fight "walk up, press 2 on your keyboard once, and win automatically," there is still no reason to get upset about it. It's just a title. Anyone who earned it when it "was hard." will have the satisfaction of having done so, and if they're pathetic enough to get into a pissing match over it they can link it for the date stamp.

I believe a better comparison for what you're trying to address would be if you were claiming you fought in WWI with said bayonette.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's philosophy has been completely contradictory:

Zul'Aman: We're removing the mount to maintain its prestige.
    Naxx: We're removing the achievement rewards, but we're leaving in the Sartharion 3D drake.
    ICC: We're removing Invincible/Mimiron's Head, but leaving the achievements.

The entire prestige argument is bogus if Blizzard can't adopt a consistent policy. I won Invincible (along with 19 of my guildmates) and we've also obtained several Mimiron's Heads. I don't see why someone would claim that heroic Lich King isn't prestigious - if you downed him early enough, everyone in your guild has vanity mount to prove it.

Not only that, but no one's going to care a year from now. As a guild leader who gets over 20 applications per day, I can say that we check the achievement dates and kill count. If you got heroic Lich King a month ago, we're going to laugh at you regardless. If you've only done heroic Sindragosa once, we don't care that it was back at the 5% buff - it's still only one kill.

"Prestige" is a constantly moving idea. Was "Immortal" prestigious back in Naxxaramas? Yes. But now, we don't see it that way, even for people who did get it pre-Ulduar. Prestigious raiding is a state - not a past accomplishment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    There's no point in even arguing it. It's entirely irrelevant. Even if they made the fight "walk up, press 2 on your keyboard once, and win automatically," there is still no reason to get upset about it. It's just a title. Anyone who earned it when it "was hard." will have the satisfaction of having done so, and if they're pathetic enough to get into a pissing match over it they can link it for the date stamp.
    Oh I know, I'm in the same boat as you, I don't mind it being left in. The achievement has a date, that's all that's needed. I'm just trying to say that this title won't be as widly spread as Jenkins or The Patient, like some people seem to think.