Is there gonna be a patch that needs downloading for the cataclysm launch?

Yeah the title nearly says it all, i really wonder if there is a patch for cataclysm, if you bought a retail box or if you just need to install the game through the disk or if all you have to do is enter your key on battle.net and then you can play cataclysm. I got my world of warcraft fully up to date currently. Downloading a patch is VERY tricky for me and I need to travel to another city tomorrow with not much time for me between receiving my game copy through post and taking the train to my journey. I would just like to be prepared as i got 3g internet, enabling me to play on the train but not being able to download any patch as it would exceed my limit.

If you didn't do the pre-load trick of telling the launcher you already upgraded (if you don't know what I'm talking about, you didn't), and you didn't ge tthe digital download version and preload that, you will have to do a disk install. Most of the client content is already in the game though.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Almost all of the game data has already been downloaded over the last few weeks. If you bought the the digital download, then you *SHOULD* be able to play at exactly 12:01 a.m. [or whenever for EU] with no further downloading. The only issue I see you running into is the quick-fix bug patches that are sure to come fast and hard over the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    If you didn't do the pre-load trick of telling the launcher you already upgraded (if you don't know what I'm talking about, you didn't), and you didn't ge tthe digital download version and preload that, you will have to do a disk install. Most of the client content is already in the game though.
    thanks, but will i have to download another patch after the disk install or should i be fine after that?
    and no, i didn't do the pre load trick :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killernik13 View Post
    thanks, but will i have to download another patch after the disk install or should i be fine after that?
    and no, i didn't do the pre load trick :P
    I'm not sure if anyone knows yet - unless some people already have the disk - but given they usually have to press the disks sometime before launch, I'd be surprised if there isn't something that needs patching before you get in.

right thanks all, leaves my question unanswered a bit, so ill have to leave it to chance :S