Page 14 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am curious as to what others think of Genesis, in specific this spec: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hfoZZ...u0uo:ocVbVmzmc . I recently changed my spec to this and will be testing it out in a raid environment soon, but am curious as to what others think. Granted, Genesis is not as viable as it will be when the buffs of 4.0.6 go live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcin View Post
    Please help me with gemming. What would be most beneficial of those 2 options?

1. 100 intellect + 70 haste + 30 spirit
    2. 160 intellect

I'm talking both mana regen and throughput, what you would take of those 2?
    depands if you can reach an important hot cap with the haste. otherwise ild stick with 160 int.

Deleted
    my guild exclusively runs 10 man raids, which is why i'm currently using the following spec:

wouldnt let me link it, but basically has

0/2 2/2 2/2 3/3

0/3 1/1 3/3

3/3 2/2 1/1 0/2

3/3 2/2 2/2

0/3 1/1 1/1 0/2

3/3 1/1

1/1

then 2/2, 3/3 natures grace, 3/3 moonglow

and the reason i've left out efflorescence is because i dont like being forced into using one of our few bursty heals, swiftmend, exclusively on melee dps or the tanks to make the 3 talent points worth while, and in 10 man raiding with the exception of chimaeron people are never usually all stacked together. I have, however, kept Living seed, which is only doing about 2.5/3% of my total healing in a raid, and i was wondering if you think the talent points are wasted? im tempted to stick two points in blessing of the grove instead, seeing as that is doing about 30% of my total healing on a raid night. and if anyone else has a suggestion of a better 10 man healing setup id love to hear it, seeing as im not entirely happy with my spec.

also, does the living seed only heal if someone direct damage?

i apologise for the waffley post

Deleted
    i find efflorence pretty neat. especially if you are supposed to raidheal. usually theres some hugging in almsot every fight. magmaw - 7-8 players in the same camp all fight; omnotron - arcanotron puddle for dps/manregen; blackout + meteor at twindrakes; red phase at maloriak; feud at chimaeron., p2/p3 nefarian.furtheremore theres still melees in halfus and atramedes encounter.

havent seen more unfortunately.

Would just like to leave this here, found it over on EJ. It is a spreadsheet of Resto haste breakpoints, but also allows you to take into account Dark Intent (3% Haste) which I'm sure many Resto Druids are having used on them in raids.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...Hc&hl=en#gid=0

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll add that to the OP since now more buffs are really coming into play. Thanks

What is the last column supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyren View Post
    What is the last column supposed to be?
    There is some question as to if Dark Intent (3%) and the 5% haste raid buff are addative or multiplicative, the last column is the expected values required if it is addative. From reading EJ the users there are leaning towards the conclusion that it is addative, but apparently it requires more testing to be certain. I personally am going with the slightly higher (addative) values to be safe for now.

Edit: Thanks to EJ again I found out about a decent tool (addon) called "MasteryCounter" to evaluate how many of your heals are benefiting from mastery, it's avaliable on Curse and I suppose could be quite helpful for some to decide between Mastery and Crit. However, come 4.0.6 Mastery should trump Crit regardless.
    Last edited by Zeppelin535; 2011-01-19 at 10:35 PM.

Deleted
    I was thinking once the new patch come to use something like this.

http:/ /w w w.wowhead.co m/talent#0hbhZMZbf0Ibcru0uo

edit:I couldnt post links thats why I have it in this way sorry =/

What do you think? I mean I think is way better that 4% with the new Rejus than the tree which it ll not have the LB trick anymore.

Thank you for this guide. Will it be updated when 4.0.6 go live?
    And question #2 about my build. Currently i'm using
    w w w.wowhead.com/talent#00bZcZrfzIdcruouo such build.
    Now i want to test
    w w w.wowhead.com/talent#0hfZMZMfzIbzruouo . My raid experience as a hiller not big, but now i don't have big problem with mana. I want to change "blessing of the grove" to "genesis" that affect (if i right understand) not only rejuv but LB, WG and RG, so it will be more powerfull, am i right? But i'm losing crit in RG (but this spell i don't often use) and small reduction in CD of swiftmend.

PS(sorry for such links, it's not allowed for freshers to post links ((()

---------- Post added 2011-01-20 at 02:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Krulz View Post
    What do you think? I mean I think is way better that 4% with the new Rejus than the tree which it ll not have the LB trick anymore.
    master of shapeshifter give +4% to all healing, instead of blessing of the grove that affect only RJ.
    -=Hofman=- resto dru EU-Azuregos

10+ Year Old Account
    To those wondering about haste, if you have 5% but no DI, just go 915 haste and stack mastery over crit through reforging, push for 1700 haste when gear allows and once again stack mastery over crit, then get alch trink and push 2k. A lot of these encounters have tons of aoe dmg, so WG / Rejuv is very viable with the added mastery, especially with the mana nerf. It will boost your heals by quite a bit...
    Last edited by Sanavi; 2011-01-20 at 11:28 AM.

Deleted
    Oh true! then now way I ll do that thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, can't tell if that's sarcasm or w/e, just trying to throw out some info. Almost half a page talking about haste breakpoints...not that hard.

---------- Post added 2011-01-20 at 03:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    i find efflorence pretty neat. especially if you are supposed to raidheal. usually theres some hugging in almsot every fight. magmaw - 7-8 players in the same camp all fight; omnotron - arcanotron puddle for dps/manregen; blackout + meteor at twindrakes; red phase at maloriak; feud at chimaeron., p2/p3 nefarian.furtheremore theres still melees in halfus and atramedes encounter.

havent seen more unfortunately.
    Efflor is nice, but it's not nice enough - not enough to keep people standing in it for healing. Unless they buff this, it's one of those things where, if you cast it and several people are in it, it's a nice boost - if they have to move for some reason, it doesn't hurt you either. Basically comes down to timing when you swiftmend during periods of stationary placement, if you care for it that much. Some encounters it's somewhat nice on, though - like Chim during feuds, or after moving on twins in range. Nice but not necessary...
    Last edited by Sanavi; 2011-01-20 at 11:34 AM.

Deleted
    I've just plugged in the patch changed into treecalcs, and if it goes through our mana will now last 70%~ longer and if you drop furor and moonglow and get botg and genesis you can boost your hps by 10%~ while our mana will last 50% longer instead of the 70% stated above

ofc its all rough and i may have missed something, BUT I have a good feeling about this.

Someone know what is hit cap for arena? for cyc, root, etc. Please help me

Quote Originally Posted by frank753 View Post
    Someone know what is hit cap for arena? for cyc, root, etc. Please help me
    not really the best place to ask pvp related questions, but i'm pretty sure the pvp hit cap for players of equal level is 5% hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I will be updating this for the next patch but not until I've tested it myself on live or EJ has solid numbers. A lot of people 'think' stat weight and healing is going to change a lot but can't be sure until you're actually healing with it.

As EJ says, Mastery is only better than crit if 30% or more of your heals are effected by it. If not, crit begins to own mastery. Haste is still the best stat you can use(well over mastery and crit) depending on how much you rejuv. Less you RJ, more haste is worth.

As for efflor, it depends on the fight but there is no point not having it. It's free healing, and when you get into raids and especially HMs, you want whatever free healing you can find.
    Halfus 25HM, was 6% of my healing.
    V&T 25reg, was 8%
    Twilight council 25reg, barely 4%
    Cho 25reg, 7%
    ODS 25reg, 6%
    Mag 25reg, 7%

Something that does an average of 7% of your healing you don't want to be so quick to drop.
    10s may be less because people will have more time to direct heal. But on any fight you can drop it on the melee or a group is stacked up, even in 10s, as long as people are getting aoed it's a very useful spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Yes, I will be updating this for the next patch but not until I've tested it myself on live or EJ has solid numbers. A lot of people 'think' stat weight and healing is going to change a lot but can't be sure until you're actually healing with it.

As EJ says, Mastery is only better than crit if 30% or more of your heals are effected by it. If not, crit begins to own mastery. Haste is still the best stat you can use(well over mastery and crit) depending on how much you rejuv. Less you RJ, more haste is worth.

As for efflor, it depends on the fight but there is no point not having it. It's free healing, and when you get into raids and especially HMs, you want whatever free healing you can find.
    V&T 25reg, was 8%
    Cho 25reg, 7%
    ODS 25reg, 6%
    Mag 25reg, 7%

Something that does an average of 7% of your healing you don't want to be so quick to drop.
    10s may be less because people will have more time to direct heal. But on any fight you can drop it on the melee or a group is stacked up, even in 10s, as long as people are getting aoed it's a very useful spell.
    This has been my experience too. There are a lot of fights in the current tier where people are clumped together for aoe healing and efflor has been great in those. Depending on the fight it's usually about 5-10% of my healing done. It's frankly much better than anything you would be replacing it with.

E - here's my numbers from this Tuesday (normal 25 man). If I can find my numbers for last night (Cho'gall and BWD up to nef) I'll put em up.

Al'akir - 5.9%
    Double Dragon - 9.2%
    Captain Planet - 5.2%
    Last edited by frostybeef; 2011-01-20 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin535 View Post
    Would just like to leave this here, found it over on EJ. It is a spreadsheet of Resto haste breakpoints, but also allows you to take into account Dark Intent (3% Haste) which I'm sure many Resto Druids are having used on them in raids.

Thanks for the file ! Btw I was bored and really wanted to try these spreadsheet so I did a bit of tryout and I made a spreadsheet where you can enter your haste instead to see how much you need for next ticks and all. I'd be happy if you'd look at it once and tell me what you think All comments would be beneficials !

Thanks for this forum btw Myrrar, it has been really usefull for me

http: //rapidshare. com/files/443624862/Druid_Spreadsheet.xls
    here's a google doc, but you really should download it
    https: //spreadsheets.google. com/ccc?key=0AiKFwPB9OXrodDRGbVBuUGNyNnVSbG1nT3YzNjhWT0E&hl=en

(Spaces before com and after Http... new user cant link stuff I guess -_-)
    Last edited by SantaClauss; 2011-01-20 at 08:00 PM. Reason: typos + one info missing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post

V&T 25reg, was 8%
    Cho 25reg, 7%
    ODS 25reg, 6%
    Mag 25reg, 7%

Haste is the most valuable, but if you can't reach a breakpoint, it's useless to reforge/gem for it...1600 haste with 5% in raid does nothing for your hots, which is where we are concerned with haste. You need the 1700. So, since we are heavily using LB stack on tank and WG / Rejuv spam on raid, get your current hast breakpoint, then go mastery. When you have the gear to reach the next haste plateau, do so.

And I never meant that efflor is completely useless, just that it doesn't do enough to justify dps making an effort to actually stay in it, especially if they need to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanavi View Post
    Lol, can't tell if that's sarcasm or w/e, just trying to throw out some info. Almost half a page talking about haste breakpoints...not that hard.

---------- Post added 2011-01-20 at 03:30 AM ----------

Efflor is nice, but it's not nice enough - not enough to keep people standing in it for healing. Unless they buff this, it's one of those things where, if you cast it and several people are in it, it's a nice boost - if they have to move for some reason, it doesn't hurt you either. Basically comes down to timing when you swiftmend during periods of stationary placement, if you care for it that much. Some encounters it's somewhat nice on, though - like Chim during feuds, or after moving on twins in range. Nice but not necessary...
    Basically comes down to timing when you swiftmend during periods of stationary placement....

<3