Page 54 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Today I finally buy Ethereal Footfalls. So with alch trinket I can achieve 2005 haste breake point, but for this I have to sacriface (I loose it)
    23.37 Int, 859 Mastery, and approximately 369 Spi (from Core of Ripness trinket).
    Is it normaly to do such exchange? (now I'm raid healer in 10s)
    Last edited by Hofman; 2011-09-30 at 09:39 AM.
    -=Hofman=- resto dru EU-Azuregos

I know this is a bad question to ask because it varies, but I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on how much int/spell power is a good starting point for 85 dungeons/heroics/zandalari heroics.
    I just kind of want to know as a jumping off point. I'd show armory but hes in feral spec/gear.
    Thanks if anyone can help.

Although I can't recall how much spell power or int I had then, having less than 70k mana made heroics feel almost unhealable. That was also at the beginning of Cata, when most people were in relatively poor gear. Still, I would say that unless you're really comfortable with the healing model in Cata or you have a well-geared tank, I wouldn't step into a heroic without at least 75k mana.

Deleted
    can someone tell me, if i'm right wearing ww.wowhead.com/item=71323 (molten scream) instead of ww.wowhead.com/item=65111 (scepter of ice) , I'm unable to reach 2005 haste cap and got more than enough spirit + good regen trinkets, so i don't care if it's crit, spirit or mastery on an item cause i balance that through reforging anyway, so considering i loose 127 of those secondary stats twice (spirit, mastery) and getting 156 (crit) + 57 through reforging, there's the loss of 41 (spirit, crit, mastery, whatever^^) against +37int (and 55 stamina ) so what i thought was if the guide advises ppl to gem 40 int even if the loose the bonus, and int being better than 2ndary stats, the dps offhand is better, is that correct?

Deleted
    Can u link your armoury please.

Resto druid

Could i get some help with my resto druid, could need some feedback on what i should do or if its okay as it is.

Cant post a link yet, but my name is Fito and realm boulderfist eu

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Hofman View Post
    Today I finally buy Ethereal Footfalls. So with alch trinket I can achieve 2005 haste breake point, but for this I have to sacriface (I loose it)
    23.37 Int, 859 Mastery, and approximately 369 Spi (from Core of Ripness trinket).
    Is it normaly to do such exchange? (now I'm raid healer in 10s)
    I'd make that trade. The boost to WG is gargantuan.

Deleted
    Just wondering how much throughput you'd actually gain from the pickled egg during the haste boost. At 2005 haste the trinket will knock you into the same gains that the SoW grants inside its use.

I don't use the shard, I have JawsHC and the Alchemy trinket, just a thought really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been stupidly busy this last week and will be for the rest of this week, and I needed a mmoc vacation. So, sorry I haven't been here to answer your questions but if someone hasn't I'll make sure to when I get back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gertrude View Post
    Can u link your armoury please.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ntoni/advanced
    there you go, so not sure bout crit and mastery Oo

Deleted
    Could someone look at my toon and tell me is my spirit too low?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uniel/advanced

Our 25-man raid is currently trying to go on HC fights (we are still on Rhyolith). I swapped this toon some time ago to my main, so I do not have wide variety of gear/trinkets. You may also notice that I have only 1573 haste. I always get DI from my raid leader (1573 + DI = 2005 haste), so please do not give advise to get 2005 haste.

Should I use some other than alchemy trinket? Would some of the FL reputation ones be better?
    I’m still using alchemy one since I need to use potion of concentrations and I assume that increased the potion effect is good enough reason for using that trinket. Is it? The problem is that I’m running so thin with mana that if I do anything wrong manawise (like yesterday I throw innervate to priest) I’m ooming soon. I need my innervate-potion-innervate-potion rhythm.

I would also like to hear how you use your tree form? I have noticed that I do not use it very often or I hold it too long (mainly I wait to use it with tranq... and sometimes it is just the end of the fight and then it is kind of wasted). I’m thinking that could this be also one of the ways how to be more mana effective. So... how you use it? Pop on start? Pop on first aoe phase?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Could someone look at my toon and tell me is my spirit too low?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uniel/advanced

Our 25-man raid is currently trying to go on HC fights (we are still on Rhyolith). I swapped this toon some time ago to my main, so I do not have wide variety of gear/trinkets. You may also notice that I have only 1573 haste. I always get DI from my raid leader (1573 + DI = 2005 haste), so please do not give advise to get 2005 haste.

Should I use some other than alchemy trinket? Would some of the FL reputation ones be better?
    I’m still using alchemy one since I need to use potion of concentrations and I assume that increased the potion effect is good enough reason for using that trinket. Is it? The problem is that I’m running so thin with mana that if I do anything wrong manawise (like yesterday I throw innervate to priest) I’m ooming soon. I need my innervate-potion-innervate-potion rhythm.

I would also like to hear how you use your tree form? I have noticed that I do not use it very often or I hold it too long (mainly I wait to use it with tranq... and sometimes it is just the end of the fight and then it is kind of wasted). I’m thinking that could this be also one of the ways how to be more mana effective. So... how you use it? Pop on start? Pop on first aoe phase?
    To start off with the spirit question, there is no such thing as "too low" or "too high". Regen is a very personal thing. I've currently reforged all the way down to 1400 spirit and am even hoping to drop a tiny bit more when I get my BiS gear. So it basicly comes down to wether or not you feel you have enough regen to manage your own mana. You should be keeping track of things like power torrent when you innervate as they do affect the amount of mana you gain from it. I never innervate without a PT proc and sometimes even delay my innervate a bit more if I know a hymn of hope is coming soon.

As for trinkets, if you're using a potion nearly every fight then the alchemy one isn't a bad choice at all(especially if it helps you get a breakpoint). I don't have a very high opinion of the rep trinkets as I think they're fairly useless, apart from being able to use them right before you play to innervate yourself you don't really gain anything from them except a few hundred points in some secondary stat, I personally don't think you can enough from that to warrant a fairly large int loss from equipping another trinket.

As for you running out of mana soon, this might just be up to when you're using your first innervate. Back when I was still learning how to properly manage my mana I quickly taught myself to basicly innervate myself the moment I could to gain it's full effect to essentially get as many uses out of it as possible. I can't however determine wether or not your mana issues are related to your innervate usage or just you healing ineffectively(this is very easy to do on Ryolith). Some logs of your attempts would be great. It could even be something as simple as low lifebloom uptime which greatly reduces your mana return.

Last there's the treeform question. There's a very easy way to determine when you can and can't use treeform. I personally use the following guideline, aslong as it's up again for when I really NEED it, I can use it whenever really. To take Ryolith as an example, I know when push him to P2 at about 4:30 or so(or a bit later if the driving is bad), so I just keep track of my combattimer I have running to see how long we've been in the fight, at about the 1:20 mark or so I just pop treeform and get ready to throw a tranq in there aswell just to be sure I've used them more than once in the fight and know they'll be up again by P2 when I need them again(the multiple uses is as much for epeen as it is to conserve mana for myself).
    So aslong as you make sure you have it back up for a high damage phase(P2 Ryolith, late P2 Beth, orb phase Majordomo, intermissions on Rag), you can use it whenever you want.

Deleted
    If you think you have enough spirit you arent casting enough rejuvs, or not enough in general. That alch trinket was only good because the haste would help you get to 2005 haste rating during t11.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeri2 View Post
    If you think you have enough spirit you arent casting enough rejuvs, or not enough in general.
    I do not understand what you are saying there. Are you saying that druid should go oom? Since I read: ”If you have mana(from spirit) you are not casting enough”. What is the good amount of spirit?

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    I do not understand what you are saying there. Are you saying that druid should go oom? Since I read: ”If you have mana(from spirit) you are not casting enough”. What is the good amount of spirit?
    One of the good ways to tell if you have the right balance between regen and raw SP was to see how much mana you had immed after a bossfight was done, and if the boss died.

If you are ending a fight with 20% mana or more, and have been using your innervate on CD with mana pots, then you could look into your toon to see if you could get more bang for your buck through respeccing into stronger spells or getting rid of some spirit in your gemming for int, or upgrading a piece of gear you've been holding onto for its regen. You can also look into your logs to see how many spells you are casting, how much overhealing you are doing vs other classes and try to just cast more till you do go oom at the end.

If you are ending a fight completely oom, and ppl are dying because you have no mana after all your CD's then you will need to look into your toon to see if you can respec for spell cost reduc, and furor to give you a bigger mana pool and to switch gear/trinks around.

So yes, they are saying druids should go OOM, but only at the very end of a bossfight. We should have enough mana before then to be able to do our jobs.

Druids are one of those classes you really have to play around with as far as your gear/spec/gemming, rotation and playstyles go. Its very rare to get 2 players that heal with a druid that do it exactly the same nowadays, so almost all the advice given for this class are general guidelines and you have to apply it to your toon to see if it works for you.

The rules for an rdruid are essentially:
    get your haste caps
    get as much int/sp as possible
    USE your spells at all times

there are various guidelines for different healing roles, but they are just that, guidelines. If you stray too far from them you will fail. if you find something works really well for you, keep doing it but keep an open mind as far as what the rest of the community is doing.

Deleted
    Ty Iamtheway, that explained it. I usually end up with 5-10% mana, if I do not mess up. So that part is kind of ok... and it is normal, that was my actual concern. ^_^

Oct 13th, still no news about any new resto changes, the future is looking bleaker and bleaker....

Deleted
    So, what's your thoughts about the nerf that has been given to us? My hps is much much lower now then it was a fue weeks back ago. Does anyone have any info about this?, or is it just the nerfed content that bring us lower hps?

Deleted
    Nerfed content

10+ Year Old Account
    nice guide