Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not sure how you managed a 3.5m healing touch. My vigil tree NS crit HT was only 1.7m.

The best use of the buff is to have lifebloom prestacked, first heal is NS HT to empower your LB, then RJ then SM and finally a RG just a hair before the buff wears off. On breaths you don't have NS up, replace the instant HT with a RG then RJ, SM, and RG. Another tip is to have shrooms down before breath and explode them during your NS HT macro or just before your first RG if NS isn't up since they are off global. Shrooms hit for about 75k each with the buff iirc.

Between breaths keep your hots up and spam healing touch. This should keep you mana neutral or somewhat positive with the mana gained from breaths. Make sure you don't use SM within 15 seconds of the breath (or 12 if you have 4 piece).

I two healed it with a shaman and it was certainly challenging, but we pulled through both doing around 90-95k hps with a little help from our prot pally.
    Last edited by Maxvla; 2012-11-16 at 12:10 AM.

Deleted
    You're right, that was a mistype from my side.

A 3m ht is very possible, even without vigil. I had a 3.1m crit with just tree and ns. Not sure how you capped at 1.7m,

Our kill didn't get logged because we finished him during a healing phase apparently, but

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...nt+%3E+2500000

[22:13:10.281] Catokot Healing Touch Tsulong +*2965061*
    Last edited by Catokot; 2012-11-16 at 02:13 AM.

Deleted
    Possible that was with Guardian spirit up - if it works, that is. You can't life swap health with him, but as far as I know GS should work as normal. (Life swap would be... quite retarded if it worked...)
    Last edited by mmoc5817da6c72; 2012-11-16 at 03:17 AM.

With flask and food (no raid buffs) my HT with NS crits for ~220k. 220x6 (600% buff) = 1.32m + tree (15% = 198,000) + vigil (20% = 264,000) = 1.782m

How are you getting to 2.9 million? Edit: Oh, healing buff from someone else. Monk or priest buff would be huge for that. Hadn't considered that. Too bad we don't have either monk or priest healers in our guild.

Our kill was 1 minute 11 seconds faster than yours 3 healing with us 2 healing. We only had 1 day phase.
    Last edited by Maxvla; 2012-11-16 at 03:58 AM.

I had completely forgot about guardian spirit. Le derp

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever happened to the table with the haste breakpoint listings? I'd love to refresh my memory on it since I'm a bit concerned why askmrrobot is telling me to reforge to 3700 haste Pretty sure I could just get to 3043 and then go spirit / mastery...or am I missing something?

3043 is correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zakalwei View Post
    Whatever happened to the table with the haste breakpoint listings? I'd love to refresh my memory on it since I'm a bit concerned why askmrrobot is telling me to reforge to 3700 haste Pretty sure I could just get to 3043 and then go spirit / mastery...or am I missing something?

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=41

has the haste points on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zakalwei View Post
    Updated it.

Deleted
    Hey there all. Im new here, and like to come with some inputs and maybe get some advice.
    Im currently playing resto druid and have done it since vanilla, so i consider myself as a experienced resto druid raid wise.
    I have researched alot about it and currently tjecking wol on several guilds, and i see a serious change healing wise in the resto healing class. Before resto druids own the healing meter (whas abit unfair), but know its the other way. Were going really low in the meters, and im aware that meters isn't all, but its kinda burst the outcome. And i can see example shamans and monks is in some fights almost 30 % over.
    In my guild im lucky if im going on top 3 in healing done, in current content. I have once, ore twice bin number 1 on fights like Feng HC etc with luck. From my pow it's to unbalanced atm. I mean i don't buy the argument that resto druids is flexibel healers while moving, when other classes got new bursting mechanics. So what do you think would be the solution? Im just asking since im worried that resto druids gonna be excluded over other healing classes. We kinda need some buffs.

Another thing; What do you guys find best spirit ore mastery atm? Im on 9511 spirit and got 18 % mastery unbuffed 21811 SP. But i can see it's different what people prefer some is stacking mastery, and other got way ove 10 k spirit. I guess the key is to find the balance but just need some advice. Since i kinda don't feel better with 1 k more ore less spirit etc.

Hi everybody,

Sorry if it's not the place for this question (or if the question has already been asked, I searched, but I suck at search engine), but I was hopping you could help me.

I have Hood of Viridian Residue
    I've just looted Hood of Stilled Winds from LFR.

It seems to me that despite the 20 ilevel difference, the Hood of Viridian Residue is better, because of the spirit and the blue socket... With reforging and gemming, I lose around 600 spirit and gain only around 300 intel... Is it worth it ?

Thank you very much for your help

It's not just the spirit and int, you are gaining significant secondary stats, in addition the blue helm is only crit, our worst secondary. Reforge the crit to spirit, gem burning meta and int/haste or int/mastery if you are 10 man, revitalizing meta and spirit/haste spirit/mastery if 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    It's not just the spirit and int, you are gaining significant secondary stats, in addition the blue helm is only crit, our worst secondary. Reforge the crit to spirit, gem burning meta and int/haste or int/mastery if you are 10 man, revitalizing meta and spirit/haste spirit/mastery if 25 man.
    Haste outside of breakpoints is the worst stat, actually <.<.

That much is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    That much is obvious.
    ...Then why on earth did you say that Crit is the worst secondary stat, and to gem haste <___<.
    Obviously, gemming haste can be usefull if you need it to reach the breakpoint, but as long as you've got it covered, you need to actually use a tool like wowreforge.com to see if putting in a 160 spi/160 haste or a 160 spi/160 mastery gem will provide you with reforges that let's you get higher spirit/mastery. You can't just "assume" :<.

You would never gem crit for any reason. You would gem haste if you need it to balance a reforge. Crit is our worst secondary stat because it is never needed. I said to gem int/haste OR int/mastery. I did not say 'gem haste'.

Ok, thank you very much for your answer

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Haste outside of breakpoints is the worst stat, actually <.<.
    That doesn't make a lot of sense. Crit definitely ist our worst stat.

For me, spirit, haste and mastery are exactly equal. It doesn't matter at all whether I gem haste, mastery or spirit. After I reforge, I always have exactly 3043 haste, 7500 spirit (what I aim for atm) and the rest mastery. Last time I saw some int/haste gems on AH for 40g I used them, not to reach the breakpoint but because it doesn't make a difference at all. I doubt that with current gear you will get to the point where it's impossible to reforge down to the values you need.

So, at least for 10 mans, spirit = mastery = haste > crit (before reforges).

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    That doesn't make a lot of sense. Crit definitely ist our worst stat.

For me, spirit, haste and mastery are exactly equal. It doesn't matter at all whether I gem haste, mastery or spirit. After I reforge, I always have exactly 3043 haste, 7500 spirit (what I aim for atm) and the rest mastery. Last time I saw some int/haste gems on AH for 40g I used them, not to reach the breakpoint but because it doesn't make a difference at all. I doubt that with current gear you will get to the point where it's impossible to reforge down to the values you need.

So, at least for 10 mans, spirit = mastery = haste > crit (before reforges).
    Thats because you aim for a specific amount of spirit, and not just "as much as I can get my hands on" - for alot of people who are progressing on heroic modes, the spirit that lets you cast more spells to make up for mistakes (when you don't know where the burst dmg comes, or a dps accidentelly stands in something they really shouldn't, doing another crush on garalon due to bad switching of pheromones for instance) makes spirit the most valued stat of the secondaries.
    If you're fine on 7.5K spirit, obviously you won't care about maximizing it, but for some people, being able to reforge an item out of say, mastery and into haste instead of our of spirit and into haste to get exactly 3043 haste, but gain 150 spirit more than they would the other way around, means that whatever gem you use has to be considered in a tool like wowreforge (to see what scenario gives you the most spirit).

The priority is, as on the frontpage, Intellect = Spirit till comfortable with mana > Haste Cap > Mastery > Crit > Excess Spirit > Excess Haste.
    Meaning that you'd never gem crit, no, but that's because you can always gem mastery instead. Haste is still worse than crit if you're above the haste cap you're reaching for.