Page 19 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    From what people have said no, efflor doesn't proc mastery because mechanically it's not considered a 'hot', but is buffed by mastery. I haven't really looked into since the 1st wave of people ingame tested that, so I'm not sure how accurate that is right now, but that's the only thing I've heard about it.
    After some quick testing in org

Hot =>efflor : 983
    efflor : 655
    efflor => rejuv : 3486
    rejuv : 3486
    hot => rejuv : 3937

Looks like it will benefit from mastery but won't trigger mastery.

Hot => walk into efflor : 983
    walk into efflor => hot : 655

So you need to have the hot before you walk into efflor to get the mastery bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtheway View Post
    Like i said, check out my spec, its got the best of both worlds. and in the higher gear levels you wont need moonglow, especially if you get your teir 4pc and the trinket from malorak(free 1000 spirit), im actually thinking of dropping that point i have in moonglow and putting it into efflor or NB
    Why do you have all the points in Furor but only 1 in Moonglow? Moonglow > Furor under any circumstances if I'm not mistaken. Obviously with higher Int levels Furor becomes more desirable, does anyone know what those levels are?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin535 View Post
    Why do you have all the points in Furor but only 1 in Moonglow? Moonglow > Furor under any circumstances if I'm not mistaken. Obviously with higher Int levels Furor becomes more desirable, does anyone know what those levels are?
    Moonglow > Furor for personal gain, furor is also more mana you can give away if giving your innervate away as well tho.

I personally use 3 genesis and 2 furor.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzzer View Post
    Nourish aint a useless spell mate, if you have done any raids youll understand that it has a place as a filler. Currently my Nourish heals for around 11k, with the new changes it will reduce my cast time to about 1.6secs which is bordering on silly... ill be spamming that like its going out of fashion
    My nourish heals for 6k w/ no hots on a target and around 8k with some sort of hot on a target. This is w/ no raid gear to speak of, so 11k is not unheard of if you've probably got way better gear than me. I'd hardly say a ~10k heal is "useless".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frostybeef View Post
    So you need to have the hot before you walk into efflor to get the mastery bonus.
    Yeah, that's what I assumed. Thanks for testing it, I'll actually probably need to add that to the guide so people know to WG 1st then efflor.

Regarding moonglow v furor, it's probably too hard to calculate at what int level furor passes moonglow because moonglow's regen varies with what you cast. What you can do is calculate how much mana per second you need to spend to make the two equal at a given int level. Here's a spreadsheet I threw together comparing how much mana you need to spend per second to make moonglow and furor equal. For furor I took into account, replenishment, revitalize, innervate and the increased mana pool; if I missed any let me know and I can fix it.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...en&output=html

It looks like it'll be quite a while until furor is better than moonglow.
    Last edited by frostybeef; 2011-02-06 at 08:06 PM.

if you give out your inner, furor is stronger, so it can be taken
    -=Hofman=- resto dru EU-Azuregos

Quote Originally Posted by Hofman View Post
    if you give out your inner, furor is stronger, so it can be taken
    You are only giving away 3% more of your total mana with furor though, which is about 3-4k at the current gear level. It's a slight increase but if you are at the point that you are giving away your innervate you are probably better off with neither talent.

If you are swapping innervates with another druid it gets a bit better but not by a whole lot. I put another tab on the spreadsheet for swapping glyphed innervate.

Regarding moonglow v furor, it's probably too hard to calculate at what int level furor passes moonglow because moonglow's regen varies with what you cast. What you can do is calculate how much mana per second you need to spend to make the two equal at a given int level. Here's a spreadsheet I threw together comparing how much mana you need to spend per second to make moonglow and furor equal. For furor I took into account, replenishment, revitalize, innervate and the increased mana pool; if I missed any let me know and I can fix it.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...en&output=html

I'm having trouble understanding what that chart means, the top is total mana and the left is the time of the fight. So the derived number is mana/s spent over the fight. Does that mean if you spend more than that m/s during the fight that moonglow is better? ugh, I wish I could get chrome to work with mmochamp on this computer.

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 04:08 PM ----------

even if you're just giving the innervate to someone else, you give 3% extra to them and 1.5% extra to yourself. It's not much but every little bit helps, I view myself as a buffer healer while our pallies go nuts with direct healing. It's usually a pally that I innervate, unless we have an undergeared healer that needs a bit of extra help to make it through.

The number in the middle is the mana per second you need to spend for the regen from moonglow and furor to provide equal mana regen.

If you spend more mana/s then moonglow is superior, if you spend less then furor is superior.

E-

So for a 6 minute fight (360 seconds) and a mana pool of 100k, you need to spend more than 954 mana per second to make moonglow better than furor. If you are swapping innervates with another resto druid, then you need to spend more than 1,046 mana per second.

EE-

If you are giving away your innervate with furor, then you are still probably getting less regen than if you are giving away your innervate with moonglow. It's equivalent to swapping innervates with another resto druid (if you don't include their 30%, which the spreadsheet does not).
    Last edited by frostybeef; 2011-02-06 at 09:30 PM.

One a side note, i love what they have done with resto druids.

the nourish change was a long time coming, tho if they reduced rejuv's cost just slightly (2% or so) it would make it a little less stressfull. I am finding that i am having to use my mana cd's (pots, innervate, tol) about 30 secs to 1 min sooner then before because i am burning through mana very quickly. But thats just how I heal.

Did omnitron tonite, it lasted a LONG ass time (almost 10 mins) and the last half of it i was relying on LB, WG and nourish spamming to keep people alive, calling out for other's innervates and using my mana cd's as soon as they came up. I did about 5% more then all the other healers tho, but it was really fun to be able to have 3 rejuvs out, and really fast (1.3-1.5 sec) nourishes.

Deleted
    doing BH + magmaw + omnitron + halfus tonight, really really cant wait to try out the changes, nothing i'd be changing my talent tree over but the wg buff is going to be epic when assisting raid healing.

Horay druids are back! long live the tree

Deleted
    Yeah I want to try out WG!! but yes, Im going to change my talent tree.
    We ll see ^^

after doing BH yesterday i found i was using a lot more mana than usual, so I had to actually spec into MG. Definitely saved the day for the raid last night. been running fine without it up until now but the added WG spam really put a dent in my mana pool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, for 25s with the Wg changes and RJ changes our hps should go up a bit, bit moonglow will probably become mandatory.

We did BH, Magmaw, OMD, and Halfus last night and I definitely noticed a bump in my throughput, while at the same time using a bit more mana (though not horribly so, I just had to time my mana cooldowns and TOL use a little better). Things feel really good right now, I may just have to pay attention more to WG usage and mana (fully agreed Cerelli). I know I was quite a bit above 2 holy pallies who probably have about on average 3 points less ilvl gear, whereas last week we were about tied or I was a hair below.

Deleted
    I pulled 2k more hps last night but went oom a lot faster, that OoC nerf hit me harder than I had expected, that coupled with me using WG on CD now i think snuck up on my mana too. May have to hold back a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    The changes in general definitely hurt us mana wise. WG lower CD, more mana. RJ, more mana. ToL doesn't last as long. I hardly ever get CC now. And lastly, the mana tide nurf is a huge nurf to all healers. I'm going to keep my eye on ej over the next couple of weeks because trinket selection may drastically change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    The changes in general definitely hurt us mana wise. WG lower CD, more mana. RJ, more mana. ToL doesn't last as long. I hardly ever get CC now. And lastly, the mana tide nurf is a huge nurf to all healers. I'm going to keep my eye on ej over the next couple of weeks because trinket selection may drastically change.
    I spent a while after my raid thinking on ways to get it all back without loosing too much mana, but it requires dropping gems and dropping straight up healing boosts. As a tank healer (10m) would you recomend I stack mastery over haste now till i drop a few haste breakpoints?

Armory is in sig, thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    What raid buffs do you have? If you have at least 5% I wouldn't drop any haste since you are right at the LB cap. Mastery will be better than crit, but the less you use RJ, the more important haste is between break points. I would probably leave your gear as is and replace tear as quick as you can. You only get the spi from crits, and that doesn't happen every icd. Should help your regen a bit.