Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Do note that you'd gain more from switching your 65 mastery on hands / 35 mastery + speed on feet into 100 haste, and exchanging 3x pure haste gems with 2x pure int and 1 reckless. Its essentially trading 100 mastery for 100 int, if you are good enough to not need the run speed.
    Thank you for advice, it's definetly better choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    Here's a quick rule of thumb that is fairly accurate. The breakeven point for 2005 haste is about 370 intellect (I believe that's the number Myrrar came up with using my spreadsheet with her gear) it varies depending on many different factors). Each point in Crit Rating, Mastery Rating or Spirit is worth about 1/3 Intellect.
    Very handy formula, thank you. I've replaced Wyrmbreaker's Amulet to Dorian's Lost Necklace (it's about 37,6 IEP loss) and have changed my enchant on hands and feet to haste. Now if my calculation is correct I lose about 237,3 IEP and gain 2009 haste. Hope it will improve my HPS

i have a quick question about trinkets.... Eye of Blazing Power..... is it even concidered when compared to DMC: T, and Tyrande's doll?... from what i was reading in WoWHead, the IDC is 45 secs.... making it a meager HPS increase... is it worth dropping EITHER of those regen trinks for a silly 60ish intel boost? (just got back from hanging out so i dont have the exact intel different atm)
    and im running 1788 spirit before buffs if its relivent info

Deleted
    Well if you don't "need" the spirit / regen from either the DMCT or TFD then more throughput is more throughput. The Eye does ~2.5-3.5% of my healing on most encounters, which whilst not life saving is also not a bad amount for free. Not to mention that you do gain a smidge more regen and spellpower from the extra Int.

If the Eye drops and no one else wants it / needs it then grab it and see if you can cope without the extra regen offered on the 359 trinkets.

ty, just tested it on Rag (normal sadly), need to use concentrations.... but it works
    i DO have a question thats regen RELATED....
    Innvervate.... is it dynamic?
    Like if i cast it when there is like 2 secs left on power torrent proc... does it keep its higher mana return through ALL of the innervate? or just for when PT is active

Innervate restores mana based on your maximum mana *when you cast it*. As long as you cast it while Power Torrent is active, you will get the full benefit.

Thank you guys.... definately keeping my Eye..... holding DMC for when things get mana heavy though

Deleted
    #5 adjustment:

Nourish is a filler. Like LB, you will regen that mana back as fast as you use it. So, whenever you aren't healing spike or someone about to die you should be nourishing people closer to 100%. Go for the people with hots 1st for mastery and the nourish buff.

You might consider removing mastery from that sentence, as it only apealed to the old mastery bonus and not Harmorny.

Other than that - Great guide!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    #5 adjustment:

Nourish is a filler. Like LB, you will regen that mana back as fast as you use it. So, whenever you aren't healing spike or someone about to die you should be nourishing people closer to 100%. Go for the people with hots 1st for mastery and the nourish buff.

You might consider removing mastery from that sentence, as it only apealed to the old mastery bonus and not Harmorny.

Other than that - Great guide!
    Yeah, need to edit that. When mastery changed I tried to weed it out but little bits of old mastery info is hidden everywhere! =]

Deleted
    Thought so aswell

Hey Myrrar, you wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar
    Shamans and Priests both heal when they cleanse. Pallys have mana off their cleanse.
    Could you please explain how exactly pallys have mana off their cleanse? Recently I've dropped point from Nature's Cure, and now I hear a lot of whine from our paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewert View Post
    Hey Myrrar, you wrote:

Could you please explain how exactly pallys have mana off their cleanse? Recently I've dropped point from Nature's Cure, and now I hear a lot of whine from our paladin
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=41104

Even if he didn't he should stop whining. Wasting another classes throughput point because of laziness, not because theirs is better, is ridiculous.

Deleted
    how much do 4sets tier bonus boost your healing?
    the reason i ask is because i can get it if i want by buying tier gloves but i dont really like the stat combo vs moonkin tier gloves. and i dont wanna take tier helm before all have it.

my gear: eu(dot)battle.net/wow/en/character/frostwhisper/Shindaa/advanced

There are a lot of situations where I actively position myself so that the SM proc will be useful and reduce the stress of healing in heavy-damage situations. I anticipate and rely on getting that large, predictable direct heal. For me, the value of the proc is not how much it increases hps, but in how strong, reliable and efficient a direct heal it is. That said, for me it's about a 2.5-3% increase in healing. Keep in mind that's equivalent to about 500 points in mastery or crit.

I have a question that I couldn't find an answer to in the sticky, and I don't have a resto druid that I can speak to that is better than me so... If I were to take 2/3 furor, 3/3 moonglow and 0/3 genesis but reforge most of my spirit into mastery (for 25 man normal firelands, raid healing), would that be better than keeping my spirit, 0/3 furor, 2/3 moonglow and 3/3 genesis? Is the ~500 points of mastery better than 4% +hot healing from genesis? I have no mana problems either way, and end the fights pretty dang close to 0 mana with minimal overheals, so I'm just trying to increase my throughput slightly. Thanks :3

Whether or not putting points in furor/moonglow and reforging to mastery will increase your throughput depends on your current gear. If you are at a 370+ ilevel, that should be high enough, but you can also check a spreadsheet... It also depends on your play style and your ability to keep harmony up, as well as whether or not you actually need it for your raid. If there are burst phases where your healers are falling behind or your raid is planning on dropping healers, this becomes more necessarry.

Basically, if you calculate your mana pool based regen (innervate, replenishment, revitalize) and find that at 5% increase in that (ie 220mp5) is greater than or equal to the regen you obtain from roughly 280 spirit (ie 196mp5), then this strategy is better (for furor).

Moonglow at any gear level should already give enough regen to justify dropping points in genesis to keep it maxed (unless you hit a point where you have dropped all regen and have no mana problems at all anymore). But again, a spreadsheet can tell you this. Also, before you get to reforging spirit away, you will probably want to switch to the revitalizing meta from the ember one, since it offers more throughput for regen than reforging probably will.

I have already linked this a lot, but here is a blog from Hamlet at EJ: http://elitistjerks.com/blogs/1152-h...oices_healers/

He explains how to make these sorts of decisions pretty well.
    Last edited by Lynlyn; 2011-09-10 at 06:57 PM.

First of all, I want to thank Myrrar for her guide. It helped me to understand how to play dru when I started to level, and later It was very helpfull for increasing skill of my playstyle.
    Now I want to ask about reforge my dru
    At current level of gear I can't achieve 2005 breakpoint, but I'm not sure about what breakpoint I have to be at: 917 or 1221? Now I reforged to 918, but as I played before it for a long time at 1221, It seems to me that I loose smth :-) Please advice me.
    -=Hofman=- resto dru EU-Azuregos

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I finally managed to get Shard of Woe tonight and I was wondering how much haste I need to get so I can get an extra tick of rejuvenation and tranquility. My guees would be 2027, but I have seen someone saying 2030. Help would be appriated

Quote Originally Posted by warrcry View Post
    I finally managed to get Shard of Woe tonight and I was wondering how much haste I need to get so I can get an extra tick of rejuvenation and tranquility. My guees would be 2027, but I have seen someone saying 2030. Help would be appriated
    Hey, according to spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuwcTdFIcJZydHZlY09wQTQ3UUxKZVJWa04yQ1ZsTHc&hl=en#gid=1
    For extra tick of rejuv you need 3967 haste, so 3967 - 1935 = 2032

this guide helped me alot. cant wait for my resto druid to get to level 85

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to answer all I've missed together. Sorry, been really busy with backend stuff >_<

4 piece is defiantly worth taking. On an average fight with the changes it will make up for the misplaced stats(if you have to take crit over mastery).

As for haste break points, you don't want 1221. The LB point is pretty much wasted. If you have the 5% only, you want 917 or 2005. Not anything under, over, or in between.

Here is the breakdown when looking at Woe:

916: 5th tick of Rejuvenation. You should have this in any raid gearset.
    1573: 9th tick of Wild Growth and Effloresence with Dark Intent. If you have DI, you only have to make it to here instead of 2005 to get this nice bonus.
    1602: 5th tick of Rejuvenation without 5% haste. If you're missing the haste buff, you really want to be at this point or higher.
    1779: 6th tick of Rejuvenation with Nature's Grace.
    2005: 9th tick of Wild Growth and Efflorescence. This point is very valuable, as these two spells make up a large portion of our healing.
    2032: 6th tick of Rejuvenation with Shard of Woe proc active. If you have a Shard, this is only a small leap from 2005 and makes your trinket use much more effective.
    2490: 7th tick of Rejuvenation with Nature's Grace and Shard of Woe active.
    3106: 11th tick of Wild Growth/Efflorescence with Nature's Grace.
    3478: 6th tick of Rejuvenation with Dark Intent.
    3754: 10th tick of Wild Growth/Efflorescence.
    3967: 6th tick of Rejuvenation.