Page 67 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
    tangedyn, I would appreciate very much if you could elaborate a little bit the difference between GotE and NB. Everyone is taking 3p in GotE and NB comes in as a second choise. Would it be very wrong to take 3p in NB instead and only 2p in GotE?

As I see it, the gain for GotE is when you pop tree form and start spamming Lifeblooms on every one in the raid, other than that you just have three stacks on a tank.
    Gift of the Earthmother Rank 3
    Increases the healing done when your Lifebloom expires by 15%, and causes your Rejuvenation spell to also instantly heal for 15% of the total periodic effect.

Did you miss the part about Rejuvenation?

---------- Post added 2012-03-06 at 07:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hofman View Post
    Hello, I want to ask all skilled druids about our strategy of healing on Yor'sahj the Unsleeping(H), espesially on phase with Shadowed Globule.
    The most important part is coordinating with your fellow healers who is healing what, and making sure your Raid UI shows the number of stacks of the debuff.

Then it's all a matter of pre-HOTing as much as possible, and using only Rejuvenation (which is your highest heal-per-cast spell) and Swiftmend on CD.
    Last edited by tangedyn; 2012-03-06 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    No Wild Growth and Tranqulity during Shadowed globule. Only heal your assigned targets (your 5man if it is 10man raid)
    This is one fight (dont kill me) where Glyph of Regrowth actually comes handy.

I've heard that there's a trick swiftmending the pet but on the other hand it wastes it more or less.

Okey, thnk you for advices.
    And ones more question: does anybody know how to tune Vufdo that it shows number of stacks?
    -=Hofman=- resto dru EU-Azuregos

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    Gift of the Earthmother Rank 3
    Increases the healing done when your Lifebloom expires by 15%, and causes your Rejuvenation spell to also instantly heal for 15% of the total periodic effect.

Did you miss the part about Rejuvenation?
    Well, that was a nifty answer... nevermind
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2012-03-06 at 10:27 PM.

Deleted
    Okey, thnk you for advices.
    And ones more question: does anybody know how to tune Vufdo that it shows number of stacks?
    Vuhdo > Debuffs > Custom > find the debuff (can't remember the name off the top of my head) and make sure "stacks" is ticked.

Deleted
    Hello, I want to ask all skilled druids about our strategy of healing on Yor'sahj the Unsleeping(H), espesially on phase with Shadowed Globule.
    hi, i can tell you what works for me from 10man point of view.

me and fellow resto shaman have assigned groupes to heal. every group has 1 tank, 1 healer and 3 dps.
    on shadow globule phase easiest tactic for was prehotting whole group with rejuvs, and if no green is on puttting efflor on ground.
    when debuff get active, i start healing 1st damaged person with healing touch followed immediately with rejuv. then second and so on.
    when i rotate whole gruop like that debuff usually wears off 1st person so mainly thats my cycle. if ppl watch their dps on adds phases with that tactic i can keep whole gruop around 50% until end of phase. if tank or someone takes extra dmg swiftmend them and carry on paying attention on debuff stacks.
    efflor doesnt give debuff stacks - only initial swiftmend heal does, so its pretty easy to watch stacks when you get hang of it.
    sometimes things get hectic but its all about rng after all
    shadow globule phases are easy part, at least for me.
    on dmg heavy phases (red, black, green) go all out (depending on your mana), use tranq bcs you cant use it on shadow globule phase and pop tree form when needed.

that works for me, try it, hope it will help...

Deleted
    just what i was looking for, thanks!

Sorry if I'm distracting from any conversations. I just wanted to pop in to say I miss this forum. There are a great bunch of druid posters on MMO-Champion and I miss taking part in the debates and theorycrafting that went on here. Hope all is going well in game and out! Perhaps I'll be back for Mists of Pandaland.

*goes back into his hiding spot*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Sorry if I'm distracting from any conversations. I just wanted to pop in to say I miss this forum. There are a great bunch of druid posters on MMO-Champion and I miss taking part in the debates and theorycrafting that went on here. Hope all is going well in game and out! Perhaps I'll be back for Mists of Pandaland.

*goes back into his hiding spot*
    I wondered why i hadn't seen any posts from you for a while, seems you quit.
    Just want to say MMO has lost a great druid and source of information ;<
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

Hey Sheryl. Thanks for the kind words and sorry for the disappearing act. The guild I'd been in for almost 2 years dwindled down to nothing a few months back and my motivation to log in sort of disappeared with it.

Would it be better for a troll druid to use Berserking with tranq or use it in general whenever possible? I tend to use tranq as much as I can and the Berserking cooldown aligns with the Tranq cd pretty well.
    Code:
    Berserking	Racial
    3 min cooldown
    Increases your attack and casting speed by 20% for 10 sec.

It would do anything. Increased casting speed is different from haste, and you need haste for tranquility to have any benefit

Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    It would do anything. Increased casting speed is different from haste, and you need haste for tranquility to have any benefit
    But how do you increase casting speed and not increase haste? do you mean Blizz actually reduces the cast time on all the spells from x to 0.8x directly?

I not sure I agree with u tang on that... granted u ARE the math guy... but when berserking USB cast.. your haste % does indeed go up. And when calculating haste breakpoints, TECHNICALLY its the % we are looking for but since percents work in funny ways.. we just use rating numbers to get exact. If your berserking % is WAY over the tranquility breakpoint, it SHOULD give it the extra tick. Of course tang is MUCH smarter than me so I could be strait up wrong

---------- Post added 2012-03-17 at 08:09 PM ----------

This is assuming NG works the same way

Deleted
    on heroic yor's 25man you will probably heal certain people (or be in group to heal) stick with your assignment and if you can prehot your group (you always have a chance to trigger 4set bonus) i would also suggest to do 3 lb in yourself . Prehot at least 3 secs before ooze reach boss or because of server lag you are risking to put 1 stack of corruption in people from start. First 10 secs damage should be minimal and your hots will expire (so basically a waste of prehot but..you never know) but can be lifesaver if your group still has adds hitting people .

If you have mana void up depending on what your raid choose (hymn or personal mana cd ) get some mana back (or even use a mana potion) . If you can refresh your lifebloom once before it expires it should be enough (10 secs +) to keep you until the phase expires . For others let them drop abit and use swiftness nature + healing touch to heal first target (let him drop at 50%) use one healing touch in each one that needs it or even do it 2 times ; if you can drop 1-2 rejuvs in these people also will be great...initial stacks will expire in the middle of the phase so dont worry and try to top people up before initial corruption buff expires. Wait for buff to expire while you move to oozes (wait 1-2 secs after debuff clears just in case) and heal all people fast then do some damage in oozes.

the problems i have seen until we get used to heal that phase were (and still exist sometimes) :

1) tank dead , you can assist with swiftmend a pet or put lifebloom in it to keep mana restore in raid or if you have rejuv on yourself and your raid is abit away from tank , go somewhere that can reach both (if green is not up) raid and tanks and use swiftment on yourself
    2) healer's panick and heal other group targets due to low hp causing confusion , if you see a group suffering tell them to use their personal cds to survive it or use their healthstone if things go really bad.

Also you can use spirit link if something goes wrong with mana voids or having a healer dead . It does't give stacks and its a great tool to survive purple with little problem. We used to keep our raid healing cds and only use them a litle until the rleader was persuaded (finally after 3 weeks!!) to use them more . Depending on the number of healers you bring to raid , each of them should use at least min 2 times their cds during the encounter since its a 10 min fight.
    For heavy damage phases (without purple up) use traq from dps druids (boomkins)+priest's def cd+rdruid's traq + bubble from dk tank (if you have one) meaning keep spirit link totems for 1 purple phase to make raid safer.

Because of the nerfs the fight has become easier to heal as long as you dont panick and use an aoe healing that put stacks on people . Also its better to let someone die than heal him and make him explode in the raid.
    Last edited by mmoc09a309d1ff; 2012-03-18 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by palthis View Post
    But how do you increase casting speed and not increase haste? do you mean Blizz actually reduces the cast time on all the spells from x to 0.8x directly?
    I know it's possible for melee. The melee haste buff (Hunting Party, Improved Icy Talons, Windfury Totem), for example, doesn't give haste. It directly affects melee attack speed and energy regeneration doesn't benefit from it.

...but now I think about it, Bloodlust is also worded similarly but does increase energy regeneration.

I guess it could go both ways with Berserking, since Blizzard doesn't seem to be consistent.

In general I never rely on Blizzard's tooltips. They're notoriously unclear and inconsistent. I was not able to find a reliable source that explains how Berserking interacts with haste (I'm sure a reliable source exists, I'm just bad at searching). I have seen a somewhat consistent argument that it interacts multiplicatively with the other haste effects.

Quick rundown on how that works (in case you didn't know):
    Let's say you have the following sources of haste: 5% buff, 10% from gear, 20% from berserking, 30% from bloodlust. Each of these is converted to a decimal, added to 1 (one) and then multiplied together. Subtract 1 (one) from that then convert it back to a percent and you have your total haste while buffed. In this case, you'd have: 1.05*1.10*1.20*1.30 = 1.8018; 1.8018 - 1 = 0.8018; 0.8018 * 100% = 80.18%.

You can perform the same calculation using your own haste (although I'd recommend dropping the 30% from bloodlust, obviously) to see what you have with berserking up. For argument's sake I'll assume you have 2005 haste.

2005 haste = 15.658%.

Raid buffed and with Berserking you'd have: 1.15658*1.05*1.20 = 1.4573 = 45.73% haste.

This amount of haste gives Tranquility an extra tick (with about 8% excess haste). This amount of haste also increases the number of ticks of Rejuv and Lifebloom as well; but I suspect Tranquility will benefit more from Berserking than either of these spells will in that time. I would say though that if a fight ends up needing more CDs than you have available, it *might* be better to use Berserking outside of Tranquility in order to gain a third CD for hard-healing fights. Otherwise using Berserking with Tranquility seems like the wise choice to me.

P.S. I hope someone will confirm that Berserking interacts multiplicatively with other haste effects. If I'm wrong about that then my suggestion is wrong as well.

It Berserking interacts with haste, then I'd expect it to be multiplicative since all other haste% effects are multiplicative.

Just logged into game to see what happens. paper doll showed 15.67% haste. After activating Berserking it jumped to 38.81%.

no buffs no motW.