Page 72 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Probably a stupid question, but is the healing from efflo still a % of the swiftmend? It doesn't look like it from the wowhead tooltip but unsure if this is an old one:

'Instantly heals a friendly target that has an active Rejuvenation or Regrowth effect for 13966 (+ 129% of SpellPower), and restores (13966 ( + 129% of SpellPower) * 0.12) health to the three most injured allies within 8 yards of the initial target every 1 sec for 7 sec.'

So if I get a nice crit from swiftmend it won't affect the efflo anymore? And there's no point prioritising people with '+ healing received' passives, like feral cat glyph etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Nice update. Is Price of Progress MP5 updated with the hot fix on the trinket? Also NV and HotW lasts 45 and 30 sec not 30 and 20 secs.
    I don't think so. I'll check EJ again and see the last time he updated. I'll have to try and find the updated numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenc87 View Post
    Probably a stupid question, but is the healing from efflo still a % of the swiftmend? It doesn't look like it from the wowhead tooltip but unsure if this is an old one:

'Instantly heals a friendly target that has an active Rejuvenation or Regrowth effect for 13966 (+ 129% of SpellPower), and restores (13966 ( + 129% of SpellPower) * 0.12) health to the three most injured allies within 8 yards of the initial target every 1 sec for 7 sec.'

So if I get a nice crit from swiftmend it won't affect the efflo anymore? And there's no point prioritising people with '+ healing received' passives, like feral cat glyph etc?

That's the same info on our DB too, so looks like it. Looks like a base amount now. I'll play around with it tonight and see if I can see the difference ingame.

Deleted
    The three healing trinkets are making me and my fellow healers scratch our heads but using some simple math we've pretty much come to the conclusion that the Empty Fruit Barrel and the Price of Progress (even in it's nerfed form) beats out the Vial of Ichorous Blood in sheer mp5, though the Vial surely has it's uses in fights with snap regen mechanics.

I personally do not like the Egg at all.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 12:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Nice update. Is Price of Progress MP5 updated with the hot fix on the trinket?
    It gives roughly 565mp5 unless my math is really off. 5082mana a pop at 45 second ICD (tested this a few times and it procs almost exactly on the 45 sek mark every time).
    Last edited by mmoccdcfc5f8d6; 2012-10-05 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    I don't think so. I'll check EJ again and see the last time he updated. I'll have to try and find the updated numbers.
    That's the same info on our DB too, so looks like it. Looks like a base amount now. I'll play around with it tonight and see if I can see the difference ingame.
    I just checked logs from last night, its true that "efflo" ticks have their own base heal and do not increase based on Swiftmend crits. The ticks however can crit independently now, unlike in cata (because that would have double dipped on crit)

As to %increase healing on target, i doubt it'll effect the ticks on others players (since ticks are not based on Swiftmend), but ticks on that target will be increased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    I just checked logs from last night, its true that "efflo" ticks have their own base heal and do not increase based on Swiftmend crits. The ticks however can crit independently now, unlike in cata (because that would have double dipped on crit)

As to %increase healing on target, i doubt it'll effect the ticks on others players (since ticks are not based on Swiftmend), but ticks on that target will be increased.
    Interesting. I'll have to poke some people and see if they can math out if it's a buff or a nerf.

I also think they removed all +healing gained talents. I was planning to quit WoW so didn't keep up with other class changes it all. I'll look around and see if some specs still have it.

As for trinkets:

The SP on Egg is strong, random haste procs are complete shit. They mathed out the haste on EJ:
    With 3039 (12.51%) Haste, trinket proc results in 8121 (19.108%) Haste:
    Unbuffed:
    • RJ 5 (+0)
    • WG 8 (+0)
    • LB 18 (+1)
    • LB (Bloom) 12 (+1)
    • TQ 5 (+0)
    • RG 4 (+1)

5% Haste Raid Buffed:
    • RJ 5 (+0)
    • WG 9 (+1)
    • LB 19 (+1)
    • LB (Bloom) 13 (+1)
    • TQ 5 (+0)
    • RG 4 (+0)

SoTF Unbuffed
    • RJ 7 (+0)
    • WG 13 (+1)
    • LB 27 (+1)
    • LB (Bloom) 18 (+1)
    • RG 5 (+0)

SoTF 5% Haste Raid Buffed:
    • RJ 8 (+1)
    • WG 13 (+1)
    • LB 28 (+1)
    • LB Bloom 19 (+1)
    • RG 6 (+1)

The extra WG is pretty good. It looks like it has a 45sec icd.

Vial has less int but a spi CD. On-use every 2 minutes though. It leads to about 395.83 mp5

Price, I don't think it's 565mp5. Pre-nerf it was 300ish so that wouldn't make sense. According to multiple people on the WoW forums it looks like it's 130ish mp5.

Barrel, random int is probably our absolute worst proc for trinkets. But, it leads to 474.32mp5 and 1129 average int.

Honestly, everywhere I look from WoWhead to the WoW forums to EJ all have different numbers for everything. Some are saying Vail is 160 and Price is 130. Some are saying Vial is almost 400 and price is over 500.

Personally:
    Spi as a strong early secondary stat has really lost it's value. From Hamlet: 'over the course of a 3-minute period, you get to cast one extra Rejuv (9600 mana) for roughly every 480 Spirit added. Putting those 480 into Mastery instead would make all your heals 1% stronger.'

Most theorycrafting druids are saying unlike some past expansions, lots of spi and regen past what is needed is not necessary. Now, considering that we have always had wiggle room with trinkets. Take a regen trinket and you can reforge a ton of spi to something better.

In this case, I'll be going with Egg for Int and probably Vial until I see 100% accurate Price models. Barrel may lead to more overall int than the others, but I think personally I'd rather passive int and random regen than passive regen random int.

Price, I don't think it's 565mp5. Pre-nerf it was 300ish so that wouldn't make sense. According to multiple people on the WoW forums it looks like it's 130ish mp5.
    At 5082 mana per proc, the average proc interval would need to be 5082 * 5 / 130 = 195.5 seconds for the proc to be worth 130 mp5. 50 to 55 seconds is a more reasonable interval for a trinket with a 45-second ICD and 10% proc chance, assuming that hot ticks can trigger the proc. That makes for (5082 * 5 / 55) to (5082 * 5 / 50) or 462 to 508 mp5. Similar mp5 but less average intellect than Barrel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyTheRetard View Post
    At 5082 mana per proc, the average proc interval would need to be 5082 * 5 / 130 = 195.5 seconds for the proc to be worth 130 mp5. 50 to 55 seconds is a more reasonable interval for a trinket with a 45-second ICD and 10% proc chance, assuming that hot ticks can trigger the proc. That makes for (5082 * 5 / 55) to (5082 * 5 / 50) or 462 to 508 mp5. Similar mp5 but less average intellect than Barrel.
    Yeah, people are saying for druids(does proc off hots) it's about 53 seconds before it procs again. I'll update the OP later today with any other numbers I can find.

I also think they removed all +healing gained talents. I was planning to quit WoW so didn't keep up with other class changes it all. I'll look around and see if some specs still have it.
    All of the +% healing received passives are gone from specs*...however there are some +% healing received glyphs that remain.

I know of 2 for sure and there may be others:
    Druid: Glyph of Cat Form: Increases healing done to the druid while in cat form by 20%
    Hunter: Glyph of Animal Bond: All healing done to the hunter or his pet is increased by 10%
    *(Not sure if hunters with Tenacity pets still have +40% increased healing done to the pet from Blood of the Rhino)

But i don't think the aoe heal portion of swiftmend is tied to the direct heal so it doesn't really matter to us much.

It might matter if it works for chain heal though (hitting a hunter or feral cat with the first hit of chain to get bigger hits down the line)

10+ Year Old Account
    Alchemy stone is still my preferred choice alongside price I like the mastery and extra int and over a 6 minute fight vial gives about 28k mana, price about 33-40k and stone gives 24k inc the smaller mana pot so for such a little amount I get roughly 300 int more and a lovely 451 mastery so a nice buff to my healing for the loss a rejuv cast. Vial I'll be using for the odd fight that might require a on use mana gain, thinking yor-like, which so far look rare. Really helpful thread, soon as I log on I'm shifting sotf for incarnation
    My preference would be barrel and stone but I havent had any luck in that department.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-10-07 at 10:24 AM.

4-piece PvP for resto is worth looking at. Going into heroics tuesday, having ironbark every 30 seconds and the two second reduction on swiftmend is pretty strong, for a minimal loss of stats.

Deleted
    well in first boss fight :

Apostoloss

5082.0 mana

40656 mana

Babajee

5082.0 mana

35574 mana duration of the fight 6min 20
    babajee is priest and you can see the ammounts of procs for first boss fight.

In that fight 2 innervates casted gaining 120k mana . So basically the price of progress trinket generated 1/3 of the combined 2 innervates or 66,6% of one innervate (the devils number!!) . I also notice it procs every 45secs each time (check logs from wipes) and it seems that i was getting it more times than the priest so something is affecting it for sure. Also i did't like the fact of how good shamans are still are . Healing rain still too powerful (at least at first 2 bosses) for 25man and the shaman was getting alot of mana from Resurgence like having a double water shield applied. Meaning i think blizz needs to take a good look at their mana regen (not to mention the Telluric Currents )

p.s. i cant see the mana tide totem return in logs strange.

Deleted
    Just a short question about meta gems.

You mentioned in the guide, to either use Revitalizing Primal Diamond or Burning Primal Diamond
    But what about Ember Primal Diamond?
    It gives int for throughput, and a bit of regen via Innervate.
    Or are the 2% (6K mana) simply not worth it?

Hello everyone,

I'm Infury, a long time druid (since wrath) and long time MMO-champion lurker.
    I decided to make an account today because i wanted to be more involved with the druid community!

I have a question i've searched for for days.

I'm raiding in a 10 man team that does not have any means of getting the 5% haste buff (Moonkin/Elemental/Shadow)
    Therefor my (first) Haste breakpoint should be 5320 (3043 with 5% haste buff).

I can maybe cap 4k Haste if i put everything to haste.

I wonder what my best course of action is. Currently i went out of haste and into Mastery (keeping my spirit levels to something manageble)
    Looking at gear in this tier, the 5320 breakpoint wont be obtainable (in a reasonable fashion) untill the end of this raidtier.

My char: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/talnivarr/Infury/simple

Thank you in advance for any insight into my question.
    Last edited by InfuryTalnivarr; 2012-10-08 at 12:26 PM.

@Infury, does your raid have a hunter?

If they do, the hunter pet Sporebat brings 5% spell haste raid buff as well. Just have your hunter get one and bring that pet.

Pushing to to 5k+ haste is just not worth it this early on and will cost you too many other secondary stats.

Unfortunatly no Hunter either
    Wondering if i should get the 3028 haste breakpoint for the 8 WG ticks of just not even bother and just stack mastery untill i can reach 5320.

Ragardless, thank you for your input!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InfuryTalnivarr View Post
    Unfortunatly no Hunter either
    Wondering if i should get the 3028 haste breakpoint for the 8 WG ticks of just not even bother and just stack mastery untill i can reach 5320.

Ragardless, thank you for your input!
    Hitting the lower cap is probably your best bet. That's about what you would need to be at with the 5% anyway and will be very valuable early progression.

Buff Question

Hi guys,

In Cata, when you'd cast regrowth you'd get a buff where haste was increased for around 10-15 sec (name escapes me). I think the ICD was 60-90 sec. Has this been removed from MoP?

Thanks!!

Myrrar, price of progress prenerf was around 1500mp5 FYI. It was proccing every 15 seconds. Now its 500mp5 proccing every 45.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    Myrrar, price of progress prenerf was around 1500mp5 FYI. It was proccing every 15 seconds. Now its 500mp5 proccing every 45.
    It's about 508 mp5 and procs every 53 seconds. I'm waiting for some more numbers with all the trinkets to fully update.

Quote Originally Posted by Druover View Post
    Hi guys,

In Cata, when you'd cast regrowth you'd get a buff where haste was increased for around 10-15 sec (name escapes me). I think the ICD was 60-90 sec. Has this been removed from MoP?

Thanks!!
    Nature's Grace. It's not longer in the game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by InfuryTalnivarr View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm Infury, a long time druid (since wrath) and long time MMO-champion lurker.
    I decided to make an account today because i wanted to be more involved with the druid community!

I have a question i've searched for for days.

I'm raiding in a 10 man team that does not have any means of getting the 5% haste buff (Moonkin/Elemental/Shadow)
    Therefor my (first) Haste breakpoint should be 5320 (3043 with 5% haste buff).

I can maybe cap 4k Haste if i put everything to haste.

I wonder what my best course of action is. Currently i went out of haste and into Mastery (keeping my spirit levels to something manageble)
    Looking at gear in this tier, the 5320 breakpoint wont be obtainable (in a reasonable fashion) untill the end of this raidtier.

My char: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/talnivarr/Infury/simple

Thank you in advance for any insight into my question.
    You should also try to push your raid leaders / management to get a 5% haste buff if you're going to be doing any serious heroic progression. It's a substantial boost for your casters as well, not just you. IMO it's one of the mandatory buffs.
    Ashr