Page 80 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrr View Post
    TBH, they should make running Tranq baseline or like Starfall. Would give us somewhat of a niche in best healing mobility now that Monks have taken our old heavy throughput spot away, without breaking too much of the so called "healer balance".

How do you handle Rain of Blades? We spread out because of the bombs on the ground when we did normal mode and had to rotate tranqs and other healing cooldowns because it's 40k damage per second in 10 man normal and 60k in heroic. I was thinking it would be better to spread - stack - spread - stack like Feng Arcane phase (assuming you don't get bombs during Rain) but it wasn't really needed in normals. I might be trying the boss tomorrow.

Heroic Meljarak won't be doing much more damage with the blades than normal does - his recklessness in normal causes him to do 100% more in the last phase, but on heroic, he'll only have recklessness up for 30 seconds, and get a 50% dmg buff. 60*1.5=90K, 40*2=80K. So slightly more, yes, but not nearly as intensive as every other rain will probably be non-powered.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Heroic Meljarak won't be doing much more damage with the blades than normal does - his recklessness in normal causes him to do 100% more in the last phase, but on heroic, he'll only have recklessness up for 30 seconds, and get a 50% dmg buff. 60*1.5=90K, 40*2=80K. So slightly more, yes, but not nearly as intensive as every other rain will probably be non-powered.
    You're right, I realized that after I posted. Could stack cooldowns for the empowered ones.
    Ashr

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    The shitty cd part might be the only thing that makes me keep going with my druid. We don't really have good burst heals either you know.
    Yeah we don't have good burst heals (we're a hot class), but we do have a 3 min cd for a HOLY SHIT WE ARE GOING TO DIE kinda scenario with Tree of Life. Insta Regworths are a huge save ass, it eats up ur mana really bad but I rather wipe cuz healers are oom versus we didnt have the burst and died with 50% mana.

Deleted
    Hi guys,

First thing, I apologized for my bad english, not really good at.

Which talents are you using on Garalon 10/25N ?
    - Incarnation VS Soul of the forest ?
    - Heart of the wild VS Nature vigil's ?

Yesterday I played with Incarnation, at the aim to save mana, and Heart of wild to boost my spells with the int bonus during all the fight. But I wondered if SotF gives more HPS and the opportunity to less blanket with RJ (--> mana save) ? On the second point I think i'm right, but another point of view is always positive.

Thanks

Deleted
    At first I was using HotW to help dps, but then they increased the enrage timer and I took Nature's vigil instead. Was also going with SotF at first but switched to Incarnation. While SotF was kinda nice, I prefer Incarnation. I raid 10 mans and did Garalon with a holy priest.

I would love to see a thread dedicated to showcase what talent combinations people are using for different bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elveren View Post
    At first I was using HotW to help dps, but then they increased the enrage timer and I took Nature's vigil instead. Was also going with SotF at first but switched to Incarnation. While SotF was kinda nice, I prefer Incarnation. I raid 10 mans and did Garalon with a holy priest.
    You did garalon with 2 heal ? How much hps ?

Thanks for your answer, are you sure that 2*30s on nature vigil's buff gives better numbers than a full time +6% int ?

+1 Lowvie

Quote Originally Posted by seriall View Post
    Thanks for your answer, are you sure that 2*30s on nature vigil's buff gives better numbers than a full time +6% int ?
    You can use it three times on Garalon (7 min fight). It will give you ~21% uptime. The usability of this talent really depends on the nature of dmg you get. I.e. they are going with 2 healers so raid spikes a lot on Crushes even on normal mode. It can be possible that he would have much easier time healing with NV even though it gives less theoretical HPS increase. I would still go with HotW, but I'm not raiding 10m so wouldn't comment here.

There are 2 big issues with resto druid at the moment:
    1. We basically have zero burst tools. Almost every single new encounter Blizz design involves some sort of burst damage rather than steady one. We really lack in this department and our toolkit is just subpar overall. The only logical way out of this would be redesigning Shrooms into something like Halo or Light Hammer: maybe increasing cd, healing and mana cost (it's been suggested million of times, but Blizzard don't want to make all healers the same). It could be anything really. It's so annoying to be benched just because your toolkit doesn't allow you to perform the role you are supposed to perform as a healer on certain encounter even though you are doing high throughput on average. You could be doing 20-30% more healing than a shaman and still get benched, because healing tide + slt + mana tide + ascendance are so much better, they outshine insane hps difference.

2. Spirit scaling. All other healers get something out of spirit be it more holy power, more chi (resulting in more mana tea), stronger rapture or insane mana tide. The only thing our Spirit gives is more Rejuvs, which is really just it: more Rejuvs. The more gear people will get, the worse druids will be. It's kind of strange balance to have, when only one spec out of five gets nothing from the only regen stat. It can be compensated by higher spellpower scaling (and it is, for a degree), but it also generates bigger problems. It shifts us into somewhat 'rotational' healers. We've been there before: WotLK. It won't be as bad this time, but you will still have to press WG and SM exactly on cd or you will get majorly screwed, more than any other healer class is screwed by missing their cds, because of higher % healing done by your 'rotational' abilities.

I might be overreacting or doing wrong analysis, but if the trend is there, we will be majorly screwed next tier without fixes. I liked niche healing model more :/ This generalization coupled with poor balancing brings more problems than solves.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

Deleted
    You did garalon with 2 heal ? How much hps ?

+1 Lowvie
    I'm not a theorycrafter so I don't know for sure if it's mathematically better. When we progressed it felt like I'd rather have the extra throughput cd when the berserk wasn't stretchy anymore. And what Torty said is true, sometimes we would have quite big damage spikes. Me and the priest did about 70k hps each, give or take a bit.

Not really related to the subject, but I had this funny visual bug the other day. Apologies for huge pic.
    Last edited by mmoc5817da6c72; 2012-11-15 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torty View Post
    You can use it three times on Garalon (7 min fight). It will give you ~21% uptime. The usability of this talent really depends on the nature of dmg you get. I.e. they are going with 2 healers so raid spikes a lot on Crushes even on normal mode. It can be possible that he would have much easier time healing with NV even though it gives less theoretical HPS increase. I would still go with HotW, but I'm not raiding 10m so wouldn't comment here.

There are 2 big issues with resto druid at the moment:
    1. We basically have zero burst tools. Almost every single new encounter Blizz design involves some sort of burst damage rather than steady one. We really lack in this department and our toolkit is just subpar overall. The only logical way out of this would be redesigning Shrooms into something like Halo or Light Hammer: maybe increasing cd, healing and mana cost (it's been suggested million of times, but Blizzard don't want to make all healers the same). It could be anything really. It's so annoying to be benched just because your toolkit doesn't allow you to perform the role you are supposed to perform as a healer on certain encounter even though you are doing high throughput on average. You could be doing 20-30% more healing than a shaman and still get benched, because healing tide + slt + mana tide + ascendance are so much better, they outshine insane hps difference.

2. Spirit scaling. All other healers get something out of spirit be it more holy power, more chi (resulting in more mana tea), stronger rapture or insane mana tide. The only thing our Spirit gives is more Rejuvs, which is really just it: more Rejuvs. The more gear people will get, the worse druids will be. It's kind of strange balance to have, when only one spec out of five gets nothing from the only regen stat. It can be compensated by higher spellpower scaling (and it is, for a degree), but it also generates bigger problems. It shifts us into somewhat 'rotational' healers. We've been there before: WotLK. It won't be as bad this time, but you will still have to press WG and SM exactly on cd or you will get majorly screwed, more than any other healer class is screwed by missing their cds, because of higher % healing done by your 'rotational' abilities.

I might be overreacting or doing wrong analysis, but if the trend is there, we will be majorly screwed next tier without fixes. I liked niche healing model more :/ This generalization coupled with poor balancing brings more problems than solves.

It would be nice if the OoC procs would somehow scale with spirit - EG, give it a higher percentage chance to proc when lifebloom ticks - the base is 4%, maybe add another 0.10% per 1k spirit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It would be nice if the OoC procs would somehow scale with spirit - EG, give it a higher percentage chance to proc when lifebloom ticks - the base is 4%, maybe add another 0.10% per 1k spirit?
    And Rejuvenation bouncing to low hp targets small buff to shrooms and we'r seatled

Which talents are you using on Garalon 10/25N ?
    - Incarnation VS Soul of the forest ?
    - Heart of the wild VS Nature vigil's ?
    For me (10 man):
    - been using Incarnation to counter the higher healing demand when pheromone stacks get high; I can see how SotF could be better, haven't really tried but looking at my kill log, WG was my top healing spell on that fight, we 3 healed it and i did around 58k hps. Mana was actually pretty all right at the end, I was actually surprised.
    - HotW for me as a I was dpsing (+prepot) at the start, did around 3mil damage if I'm not mistaken.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 02:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elveren View Post
    Me and the priest did about 70k hps each, give or take a bit.
    Out of curiosity: how much spirit were you at on that fight? Do you have logs so we can take a look (and possibly learn from it)?

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    And Rejuvenation bouncing to low hp targets small buff to shrooms and we'r seatled
    Having more rejuvs up only helps 25 man. What we really need is more throughput. Perhaps changing living seed to proc from hot crits would give us a bit more oomph (but not making us overpowered) while also making gearing a bit more interesting.

On a side note, should we just accept the fact that our healing has some good and some bad? Same way maybe as a shammy has to accept that his heals suck if ppl are spread and/or there's too much movement?

Regarding mana regen, I was really surprise to look at our logs last night and see that our priest's and shaman's mana regen was almost the double as mine but I still out healed them (we all got similar gear)... Gets me wondering, maybe we just don't need that much regen to perform (i.e. cheaper heals, dunno)? A lot of ppl here saying that 8-9k ish spirit is more than enough for us (I agree) while i see priests, shamans, monks going for as much as 10-12k? Not theorycrafting here, just sharing my impressions on the current state of healers...

10+ Year Old Account
    The main problem is, there is no fight that really really favors a druid over other classes.

Shamans, Priests, and Pallys are pretty solid on a lot of fights. Monks are solid on...well, almost all fights. Druids have lost their 'bad CDs but amazing hps' niche.

We have always been bad on burst healing. Always. They haven't fixed it.
    We have always been missing a CD. Tranq was helpful on bosses, we have been sat more for no dmg reduction CD than brought just for tranq. Ironbark didn't fix it.
    We have always had bad direct healing. In cata this started to change with Mastery, we are now back to where we started.

We were good at our niche, a support healing hot class. We had strong AoE, high hps, hots, and good healing for movement. This is really no longer the case.

The problem is that everyone else is getting far too many new tools while we aren't. You can look at logs with druids almost playing perfectly, and a sham beating them with HR as 70% of their healing. The pally could be afk tank spamming and beat them. Monks...well. We get shrooms, not strong enough. We get CDs through talents, either super situational or just base +healing.

Our toolbox is too small for how weak those tools are compared to others. Class balance started to matter in late BC, and we haven't ever been balanced since then. For people like me who have been playing resto since that point, it's pretty tiring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    For me (10 man):
    - been using Incarnation to counter the higher healing demand when pheromone stacks get high; I can see how SotF could be better, haven't really tried but looking at my kill log, WG was my top healing spell on that fight, we 3 healed it and i did around 58k hps. Mana was actually pretty all right at the end, I was actually surprised.
    - HotW for me as a I was dpsing (+prepot) at the start, did around 3mil damage if I'm not mistaken.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 02:57 PM ----------

Out of curiosity: how much spirit were you at on that fight? Do you have logs so we can take a look (and possibly learn from it)?
    Hmm let me check, unfortunatly I think that we only have logs of 3 healing it, but perhaps it's helpful anyway. I run with around 9,5k spirit.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...?s=1192&e=1559
    In these logs we also have a holy paladin. He was taking the cleave with our tank and doing pheromones, so he is quite lower than me and the priest.

MMO-Champ
    Tank healing: Depending on your gear this will change a lot. Nourish is basically a waste of a casttime now. Fill with HT, burst with RG, NS/HT, and SM. Remember Ironbark!
    EJ
    Healing Touch: Has the same cast time as Nourish, but is less efficient and much larger. A typical use is to top off a tank who needs a direct heal. It has less use in raid healing, because it's somewhat squeezed out by other heals (Nourish for a small heal, Rejuv for an efficient large heal, and Regrowth for a fast large heal). It is a good option on Clearcasts, however, whenever you don't need the fast heal from a Regrowth.
    There seems to be a difference of opinion between MMO-Champ and EJ on the relevance of and between nourish/HT. What are *your* thoughts?

Similar to EJ, I lean more towards Nourish because of it's increased efficiency vs HT, especially when RG fills in the caps when bigger heals are needed. For those who lean more to using HT as a filler as opposed to Nourish, can you please expand?

What about *not* using a filler and instead recouping mana? It seems we're better off saving for a RJ/RG/etc rather than using either of these tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the discussion going on in the EJ thread from the theorycrafters are what this guide is based off of. Originally it was the same as EJ's guide, but after their numbers and extended debate I agree with them.

Here is where we talk about it more: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18928866

For Tsulong, what are you guys doing to heal him, last night when we killed it, I was rolling LB's and Rejuvs and giving him most of my SMs. When I got the Bathed in Light debuff I spammed Regrowth. Afterward I thought hmm would it have been better to have spammed HT instead? What thoughts do you other resto's have on it. Also saving my NS + HT would have been good too now that I think about it.

P.S. I really wanna get a thread going on which talents to use for which bosses, and possibly even adding in when the best times to use certain cds etc as well. Seems like quite a few ppl would like to see something like this as well. I'm fairly new and such so if anyone would like to lend a hand feel free to pm me

Deleted
    On Tsulong I was using as many Nature's swiftness + Healing touches as possible, and Swiftmends when I got the buff. When the raid needed healing I threw out WG and a few Rejuv's, mainly focusing on healing Tsulong.

Healed with a disc priest and a holy paladin. Raid damage seemed light to non existant in the day phase, at least for us. Basically, in the night phase when raid damage was high I would Tranq, and save both tree form and Nature's vigil for the day phases.

Here's the kill in case you are interested - WoL won't show it as a kill unfortunatly. :/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...?s=7763&e=8223
    Last edited by mmoc5817da6c72; 2012-11-16 at 12:12 AM.