Page 87 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Between will of the emperor trinket, relic of chi-ji and spirits of the sun ( all normal and without any upgrades ), which would make the best combo ?

Thanks

Relic of Chi-ji and Spirits of the Sun. The WotE trinket gives more average int but it's on proc so I find it lacking. The values are all on the bottom of this guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have completely quit WoW for the 1st time since release and if I ever return it won't be for a while and I won't be raiding.

If someone who is already active and is knowledgeable/dedicated enough to keep up a new guide PM me. As always we expect writers to put out guides equal to the rest of the ones up, and for the writer to stay active in them. If you going to get bored in a week or not finish it we'll just replace it, so not worth your time.

If anyone wants to write short sections instead about what's been changed and just tweak this one until we find a perm writer that's fine too. I know nothing at all about the patch so this will just stay with the old version until then.

Happy raiding. =]

Deleted
    Hi,
    does anyone know any addon, that can show me my Hots on raid frames with time to fade? I play 10man and i would like to see on which players i have my hots and how much time can i wait until recast.
    Thanks for help if possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP has a section on addons. I'd suggest Vuhdo, easiest to set up for the most amount of options. Just google Vuhdo for resto druid and you'll find lots of posts, videos, and so on about how to easily set it up.

Cambria, AWESOME guide. Im glad I came back to this site after retiring from hard core and coming back to the game. Thank you for all the hard work you've put into this, it really helped bring me up to speed on rdruids. Thank you for keeping the hot breakpoint spreadsheets in the guide too!

Dont know if you remember me, but HAI! lol Its been a long while.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 06:12 PM ----------

Ycko, when I started out I used Grid and GridHots(or something like that, its a grid subaddon) and I found Clique to be an awesome tool to bind every spell with a mouseover command. Ive got almost every spell I use bound to a 2 button mouse with a wheel lol.

Whatever addon you use to track your hots, dont let it become a crutch for you. Learn your hots and their durations and remember where you cast them last(mostly for rejuv) In time you will automatically do this and remember what was where and how long it has to refresh/replace it. This will give you a whole lot more situational awareness and you will be able to use other abilities you dont normally use like Leap of Faith in key moments, and plan where/when is a good time to place your shrooms all in the middle of an encounter.

Also, LEARN the boss' damage output patterns. I dont know how many times I've told people this. Once you learn those damage patterns you can plan for prehots, emergency spells, shrooms, everything. you will spend less time catching up and more time saving your mana or topping people off for the next attack.

hi there. wondering if there is any math regarding the 6.652 haste cap which is kind of easy to reach with 5.2 gear atm.

thanks in advance for your opinions on this subject.

The haste breakpoint table in the OP is a fairly old version from the PTR and has wrong values for SotF. The correct card can be found at http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=41 maybe the OP can get updated with that.

Regarding the 6652 breakpoint, I don't think it's worth to give up 3,600 mastery for one small additional tick of WG. Since you can only get the haste from mastery or int (otherwise you reforged/gemmed wrong before), and the additional WG tick is the smallest of all, you would reduce your overall healing for a little more WG burst.
    Only if you have so much haste on gear that you cannot reforge down to < 3500 haste, it might be worth considering (or changing some gear).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    ... and the additional WG tick is the smallest of all...
    Not that it matters much to your argumentation, but this is not true. An added Wild Growth tick when a new haste breakpoint is reached, is an average Wild Growth tick (either exactly average or close to, because of even/uneven number of ticks). Just think of it as if the extra tick is added in the middle. As you gain more WG ticks the first ones get stronger and the last ones get weaker so to speak.

At least that was how it worked last time I looked it up, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm fairly certain I'm right though

As an aside, that is what I personaly like about SotF empowered WG's. Not only do you get faster and many more ticks of WG, the first ones also hit for a little more than normal WG (Admitted it's not that much in real numbers though) which further increase the benefit. Because if you presume that the last part of your WG often becomes overhealing (which is a very common case), the ticks from a SotF empowered WG that gets to heal the target each ticks for more than a normal WG just because of how the spell is designed.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 02:51 PM ----------

On the subject of Wild Growth:

Has it ever been confirmed by Blizzard whether it is considered a bug that Wild Growth can target unhealable friendly "pets" in the raid?
    I personaly consider it a design flaw, but I have never seen whether this is acknowledged as one by Blizzard.

This is an even more important issue for our lovely Mushrooms.

Isn't it just awesome how when you have your whole raid grouped up on top of your mushrooms, the healing is not only divided amongst the 25 raid members and the healable pets, but also between all sorts of crappy unhealable pets summoned by various classes... sigh! This seriously nerfs the potential of the mushrooms. And I'm not sure it is intented.

If Blizzard would fix this issue it would help us a fair bit.

So, does anyone know if Blizzard is aware of this "bug" or if it is working as intented?
    Last edited by mmocdc49b890fd; 2013-04-05 at 01:51 PM.

Deleted
    Yes seems if your raid is full of locks and hunters wild growth and mushrooms are affected . Well if it counts as healing on skada,recount,logs then its not that big of an issue i guess (no abuse on that last comment plz !)

Seems even top rdruids complain about the state of rdruid in 25man --Nagura Method --
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7256815857
    Last edited by mmoc09a309d1ff; 2013-04-06 at 12:00 AM.

Can you give me any advice? wow/es/character/ragnaros/Atmenhia/
    reforge and gems change idea?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijohx View Post
    Can you give me any advice? wow/es/character/ragnaros/Atmenhia/
    reforge and gems change idea?
    1) You can drop about 700 haste for mastery. I suggest you restore your pants reforge, get a gloves mastery enchant instead of haste, and change the shoulder reforge into crit -> mastery. This should bring you to just above 3043. Also reforge your cloak and ring from crit to mastery.

2) Glyphs. The best ones are Lifebloom, Wild Growth (unless you only raid 5 mans) and Regrowth. There are some situations where Stampeding can be used effectively but it doesn't help your healing output.

3) Your int/crit trinket isn't very good but I assume that's because you have little else. Try to replace it asap.

4) Spirit/crit effect metagem is better than the one you're using.

Deleted
    Anyone know how to get Vuhdo to track [Deadly Poison]. I've tried to add it manually to Vuhdo debuffs but because I can only dispel it because of paladin symbiosis cleanse it doesn't show it on the raid frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Medelwr View Post
    Anyone know how to get Vuhdo to track [Deadly Poison]. I've tried to add it manually to Vuhdo debuffs but because I can only dispel it because of paladin symbiosis cleanse it doesn't show it on the raid frames.
    I dont remember what I did to set it up but this is what my options look like: http://imgur.com/jT56Jsc

Deleted
    Hm in the (De)buff list your's shows Deadly plague but when I scroll through it it's not there for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Medelwr View Post
    Hm in the (De)buff list your's shows Deadly plague but when I scroll through it it's not there for me.
    Did you type it in then click save?

Deleted
    Multiple times yes but it's still not in the list

I've updated it now so I'll give it another go

Most up to date version? IF that doesn't work I'm out of ideas.
    Last edited by Monkeyofcode; 2013-04-17 at 11:46 PM.

Deleted
    Works suddenly! Thanks for the screenie and the help, didn't know what was wrong. Had to have the other healer on skype telling me who to dispel mid horridon heroic

Could someone give me some tips? I just started healing and went into my first current content Normal run this weekend, and well...I got absolutely **** on. The first night was absolutely horrible, and I have logs for that. I switched to WG glyph and Rejuv'd more on the second night, which was all wipes on Tortos (some healer fault, some dps fault). I did better but still very bad overall. I know Resto Druids are weak in 25m, but I'm getting way outdone by another druid and know that there's a ton of room to get much, much better. I also know fixing healing isn't as simple as giving DPS tips (moar DoT uptime!), but any tips/tricks would be hugely appreciated. I can't stand doing as badly as I did as I take pride in how well I play my classes.

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-39jxayjdvjc4krfz/
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...antou/advanced

I'm planning on switching the chest enchant to Spirit, should I also aim to replace the weapon with a Spirit one ASAP? How much of a difference would Jade Spirit make? I don't pay much attention to what buffs I have when putting up HoTs. Is the Spirit proc a really big deal?