Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Slight point of contention. Rejuv will get the same HPS increase with crit as haste, but the overall healing of the spell will increase with crit and will not through haste until that extra tick. It's an important difference when considering HPM.

In theory though, HPS does not matter as much as HPM on cata fights for hots other than LB, again implying that crit is more useful between those gaps for hots.
    Last edited by Lyren; 2010-12-13 at 03:51 AM.

http://wowtal.com/#k=ff-.a8t.druid.
    8/2/31

is what im going to try out in some 5 mans

I started healing heroics the second I hit 85, i had to buy 2 peices of justice gear and had a 331 ilvl. I noticed that having the NS+HT emergency heal was REALLY useful when some idiot didn't interrupt or if another moron didn't cc something and i had to bomb the tank with heals. Also dispelling some magic heal dampening effects were really useful as well. I designed this spec to have both cure, NS, 2/3 furor and moonglow without efflorescence. If you use the 2% mana meta you will only be missing out on 3% mana from a 3/3 furor.

I didn't find efflorescence useful at all in a 5 man, and probably not extremely useful in a 25m setting either(the effectiveness of it reduces with the amount of players standing in it). It might be worth it in a 10 man setting, but for anything else i think the points will be better used somewhere else.

Moonglow is better for mana hands down. If you take 3/3 furor, omen, and skip all but the crit talent in balance and are still having mana problems you may need to drop some talents to get Moonglow. Furor is better than moonglow if you can easily last a fight without it since it frees up 3-6 points.
    Why is that? Unless the extra mana calculation is done at a weird spot, 5% more mana should be way more effective than 3% less cost on spells before any other effects. Considering spells like replenishment or revitalize, more mana should be even better.

Especially as nature's grace is, well, horrible for resto druids. Moonglow seems like quite a horrid talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeorm View Post
    Why is that? Unless the extra mana calculation is done at a weird spot, 5% more mana should be way more effective than 3% less cost on spells before any other effects. Considering spells like replenishment or revitalize, more mana should be even better.

Especially as nature's grace is, well, horrible for resto druids. Moonglow seems like quite a horrid talent.
    Furor was better before the revit nurf. After all the spread sheets showed that moonglow shot way above furor but I agree, I still wouldn't take it unless I absolutely had to. I'd rather 3 points in furor than 6 bad points into balance.

You should fill the OP out more, I can send you a write up on each spell I did for my guild if you want a look. Would be nice to see to stop seeing a hundred "resto sucks" threads each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Would be nice to see to stop seeing a hundred "resto sucks" threads each day.
    o.0 why

healing sucks right now, there is no denying it.

all of it

People will adapt, bads will reroll, others will simply give up(as ive done)

Ive been healing as a resto druid for 3 years. Ive done things people didnt think were possible in both BC and Wrath. Ive set and beaten world records for healing. My favorite game for 3 years has been "Run the healer oom" even in a game build where it was possible to do so. I loved my druid all the way up till lvl 85.

All but one of my hots are essentially useless if i want to hold mana for more then 45 seconds. I've become a gimped paladin if you look at it right. Ive considered healing theory on a grand scale of where does every healer "fit" in a raid, what is their usefulness, how best would these classes and abilities work in a raid environment. From a design perspective.

Paladin = Nice big single target heals, with an excellent conal aoe . > good tank healer

Priest = Consistent single target heals with major damage absorption abilities to prevent widespread heavy aoe damage, easy big aoe heals that are a huge mana dump but bump everyone up enough to not die > Good tank healer with raid heals

Shaman = Fast single and multiple target direct heals with residual effects > Good tank healer with raid heals

Whats missing from this picture? A good raid healer with optional tank heals. Not tank first raid second. Even a disc priest was an excellent tank healer AND raid healer, still is, but there is still a mana problem.

With the changes that wrath brought around, they filled a niche in the raid healing that i believed we lacked, an awesome raid healer that could cover more then 4-6 people at a time. Resto druids. The amount of hots that we had alongside the direct heals, it looked like this was exactly what the class was meant for. If direct healing could not get to a person, and that person took no more damage and had one or 2 hots on them they would survive whatever was going on and not die and be able to get healed to full with EITHER hots finishing up OR someone noticing them and receiving direct heals.

Resto druid in cata = Tank heals with an optional raid healing mana dump.

From what Ive healed so far, in 5 mans, how ive played with my specs and gear, and what blizzard has done with our new spell costs, this is what i see for resto druids. Personally I dont like it at all and Im going to go feral for this expansion or just switch to my warrior with his OP block tanking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtheway View Post
    o.0 why

all of it
    What? Healing is more fun now than it has EVER been in wrath.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

o.0 why

all of it
    I really like the current healing style. It is interesting, it is demanding, and much more fun than afk'ing through Wrath heroics. If you adjust to the changes and know how to play your class, healing is fine. And it reminds me so much of the old BC healing days, finally I got my downranking back! :>

What people also need to learn: if a dps is standing in the fire, let them die. Don't waste your mana on them, but get them to learn that they die if they fail at moving. With a decent group, healing is really not that difficult.

Deleted
    I feel dirty posting in this topic but elitist jerks druid restro has a nice spreadsheet called treecalcs

mind if i post link? (to op)

I'd say it's more fun healing as it is. You really do need to make choices, pay attention to procs so the right spell is cast, and you can 'lose' the game by the choices you make. It is painful healing things that are past your gearlevel, or being in a group with bad players that don't avoid damage they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Fateofman View Post
    I feel dirty posting in this topic but elitist jerks druid restro has a nice spreadsheet called treecalcs

mind if i post link? (to op)
    please do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli View Post
    please do.
    I'm putting it on the end of the guide right now. It's a really amazing spreadsheet and Hamlet is super knowledgeable. Most of my info is based off what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    What? Healing is more fun now than it has EVER been in wrath.
    Did you read the rest of my post? at all?

How about some thoughts on that?

You took my entire reply and chopped it down to "Healing sucks QQQQQQQQQ" which is not the entirety of my post

10+ Year Old Account

QQ Less READ moar

all the druids complaining about going oom or having crappy heals need to l2p their class we're not DK's use your spells properly and time your CD's just because you have to think now doesn't mean bringing the rest of the class down with you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you read the rest of my post? at all?

How about some thoughts on that?

You took my entire reply and chopped it down to "Healing sucks QQQQQQQQQ" which is not the entirety of my post
    I read your whole post I simply chose not to quote the full post. And I don't agree that druid healing sucks just because hots aren't the final solution to every problem now.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    I've given some thought to my talents and after a lot of consideration I've come up with 8/2/31 (no Nature's Bounty, no Blessing of the Grove in resto tree). I've just checked Hamlet's TreeCalcs and found the exact same talents So afterall I'm on the right track :P

After spending all my time at 85 drinking after fights, I switched to the 8/2/31 setup and mana issues were hugely improved. The only change to the spec in the OP is 1/2 in Revitalize and I took Nature's Cure. It might change later, but the ability to cure magic was worth more to me than the additional 1% back from Revitalize. It's quite a challenge healing now and for the most part I enjoy it more so than Wrath.
    This space for rent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshuled View Post
    After spending all my time at 85 drinking after fights, I switched to the 8/2/31 setup and mana issues were hugely improved. The only change to the spec in the OP is 1/2 in Revitalize and I took Nature's Cure. It might change later, but the ability to cure magic was worth more to me than the additional 1% back from Revitalize. It's quite a challenge healing now and for the most part I enjoy it more so than Wrath.
    I'm using this one: http://wowtal.com/#k=gsuame075.a8t.druid.Q6jf2c

I dropped Nature's Bounty because I realized that I don't use Regrowth that much so I don't need the crit on it. The CD reduction on Swiftmend sounds good but in reality you get 1sec reduction on avarage due to the low crit rates in current gear so it's not a big loss. This setup provides the most manaconservation talents possible to get which should be the top priority.

Deleted
    http://wowtal.com/#k=RfAT4gRD.a8t.druid.Q6jf2c

Because I wanted a spec to work in PVE and PVP alike, I was choosing to forgo the 6 points in Balance and the 3 points in Nature's Bounty and max our Furor, Fury of Stormrage and Nature's Ward. The one filler point can go whereever anyone likes really.

My issue with going for Moonglow is that you waste 3 points in a fairly mediocre haste talent that only works with a spell that you never want to cast anyway and is now even worse because you haven't taken Nature's Bounty. I'd rather start with more mana through Furor and save the points.

I think Nature's Ward is underestimated as well, yes ok It's mostly a PVP talent, but when you already have tough decisions to make in healing anyway, having to not worry too much about your own health when it gets to 50% sounds like a plus point and considering how expensive Rejuv is, that's a big mana saving.

Shame about Regrowth, the talent plus the glyph promised so much, but currently it's not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjursta View Post
    I'm using this one: http://wowtal.com/#k=gsuame075.a8t.druid.Q6jf2c

I dropped Nature's Bounty because I realized that I don't use Regrowth that much so I don't need the crit on it. The CD reduction on Swiftmend sounds good but in reality you get 1sec reduction on avarage due to the low crit rates in current gear so it's not a big loss. This setup provides the most manaconservation talents possible to get which should be the top priority.
    I actually do use regrowth alot, but only on clearcasting procs. It adds a nice 10-12k heal + hot on top of anything else I have on the target and has been a lifesaver a couple times here recently.

Also, on an unrelated side note, Glyph of the Treant is awesome. I hate the new big stupid purple trees with no dance.
    This space for rent.