Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Staying logged in.

I play on a very high population server. I am wondering If I can avoid any que by simply staying logged in through midnight. Will the server restart anyway? Any ideas?

My server is also a high population server. Might even be marked as Full.. Any Idea how long the que will be?
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Bashiok stated that a game client restart would be required to access new content at 12:01am PST.

Thanks for the fast response.

i am pretty sure they are shutting the servers off a few hours before midnight, then turning them on again at midnight when everybody can play at the same time, so i honestly don't think that would work.
    You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.

Deleted
    I'm staying in, don't think the servers will restart..if I can't see the new quests etc after 12:01 then I'll relog

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owned124 View Post
    i am pretty sure they are shutting the servers off a few hours before midnight, then turning them on again at midnight when everybody can play at the same time, so i honestly don't think that would work.
    Here in Europe we're less than 2 hours away from launch, and the servers haven't gone down yet - nor have I seen anything that would indicate this.
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...unch-reminders
    That has everything you need to know, front page blue tracker....

Q. If I've already installed World of Warcraft: Cataclysm and upgraded my account, will I need to do anything special at midnight in order to access the new expansion content
    A. Once Cataclysm is marked live on all realms, simply exit out to the login screen (the one featuring Deathwing's toothy grin) and log back in. This will provide you full access to the new content -- including the goblin and worgen races and level 80-85 zones.

If you're concerned that you won't know when to re-log, we've got you covered. After Cataclysm is marked live, if you're still logged in and are playing from an upgraded client, you'll be prompted with official in-game messaging that will instruct you to log out and then log back in.

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't shutting them off in any form. But there's this quote:

"Q. If I've already installed World of Warcraft: Cataclysm and upgraded my account, will I need to do anything special at midnight in order to access the new expansion content
    A. Once Cataclysm is marked live on all realms, simply exit out to the login screen (the one featuring Deathwing's toothy grin) and log back in. This will provide you full access to the new content -- including the goblin and worgen races and level 80-85 zones.

If you're concerned that you won't know when to re-log, we've got you covered. After Cataclysm is marked live, if you're still logged in and are playing from an upgraded client, you'll be prompted with official in-game messaging that will instruct you to log out and then log back in."

So you'll need to relog to get the stuff, therefore negating staying in to avoid queues.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting alongside Turalyon and Alleria against the Burning Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by owned124 View Post
    This is mis-information, there will be no restart (unless something major happens i.e Server crash). Bashiok confirmed in a blue post that you will simply need to relog and in some peoples cases they will wont even need to relog, everything will just appear like in the seasonal events.
    Participator in the Great 'Real ID Forum Change' Riot July 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Divaet View Post
    I love being self-richeous..
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyBlink View Post
    Malygos flips out and creates a mana blackhole. Mages no longer use Mana, instead having a new resource called 'Derp'.

Thanks again for the responses.

Deleted
    The servers wont go down you will be prompted to relog at 12.01am to experiance Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur123 View Post
    I play on a very high population server. I am wondering If I can avoid any que by simply staying logged in through midnight. Will the server restart anyway? Any ideas?
    yes you can be logged in; happened in wotlk. Get a G15 keyboard and you wil lnever have to log out

Get a G15 keyboard and you wil lnever have to log out
    Way ahead of you Grats on your 100th post.
    Last edited by Blur123; 2010-12-06 at 09:24 PM.

Deleted
    why do you never have to log out with a g15 keyboard?

Won't you be placed in a queue after you log out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenGirl View Post
    yes you can be logged in; happened in wotlk. Get a G15 keyboard and you wil lnever have to log out
    I have one, yet I don't understand your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I have one, yet I don't understand your point.
    Same question here...

jump macro so you never go afk and auto logout?

You cant set that keyboard to automatically do a key-press every XX seconds. So log in and then set the keyboard to press the spacebar every 4 minutes and you'll never be logged off.