Thread: Rested Xp

Rested Xp

Are they just removing rested xp for the the 80's? or any level character?

Deleted
    All rested xp is put down too 0

Just at the level cap I think. Any 80 alts should start gaining it as you quest, though.

level 80s do not rest while level capped. Come Cata, you will by default have no rested exp.

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: Ah. Answered it for me. ;P Bit late there.

So, yeah. No rested. >:

Quote Originally Posted by Dryad View Post
    Kinda surprised nobody's asked this yet to my knowledge - which is limited. xD
    But there's been no announcements on whether all that Dalaran-camping will get you rested for a while during the first few levels of Cata.
    ...To the best of my knowledge.
    Which, no, is still not very good.
    No one will be rested when it ticks over.

You will have no rested exp beyond 80
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

10+ Year Old Account
    Some smart person has a fully rested level 79 with like 1% xp until 80 and a full quest log... that person will realm first lol. I was trying for it on my priest but i just couldn't make it to 79... I think I am 77 with 8% to go until ding!

FYI grinding bg does NOT use your rested XP.

There has been an announcement that they are removing accumulated rest experience with Cata, but I don't recall them making any distinction between L80 and <80.

I would be, frankly, quite annoyed if they gutted rest experience for all of my characters rather than just my 80s. I wouldn't really care if they cut it for, say, 78+. I can see ways to trick the game for an advantage, there, so it would make some sense. But my 54? My 39? That would just be a pointless annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gob View Post
    level 80s do not rest while level capped. Come Cata, you will by default have no rested exp.
    Exactly my thoughts... As far as I know, none of my level 80s had any rested experience, so they will start accumulating it over night, and tomorrow when I get the game I should have a little bit of rested XP on my main, and my alts will keep accumulating it as I level my main.

There was a blue that stated that all rest will be wiped clean.

Quote Originally Posted by yovmit98 View Post
    Some smart person has a fully rested level 79 with like 1% xp until 80 and a full quest log... that person will realm first lol. I was trying for it on my priest but i just couldn't make it to 79... I think I am 77 with 8% to go until ding!

FYI grinding bg does NOT use your rested XP.

And that person is wasting is time because all rested xp is being wiped out when Cataclysm releases.

I want my 51 Days, 16 Hours, 57 Minutes, 14 Seconds of rested xp for this lvl! lol

Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    There has been an announcement that they are removing accumulated rest experience with Cata, but I don't recall them making any distinction between L80 and <80.

I would be, frankly, quite annoyed if they gutted rest experience for all of my characters rather than just my 80s. I wouldn't really care if they cut it for, say, 78+. I can see ways to trick the game for an advantage, there, so it would make some sense. But my 54? My 39? That would just be a pointless annoyance.

It only takes like 7 days to get max rested xp. Are you really planning to play your level 54 or 39 the first week of Cataclysm?

Wasn't there something that you have to log into your level maxed toon at least once and kill something before you can start getting rested. It won't just accumulate if you don't log in?