Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It doesn't really make sense (the people staying in azeroth/outland when they could go elsewhere weren't doing it for more exp), but it's understandable. I guess. Shame they have to something unnecessary without fixing the bugs (hunter pets!) first.

Of course, why hunter pets have to level is beyond me. No other pet class has that problem, and honestly, why make us grind out 3 levels? It's not a challenge, it's not fun, and no one that I know of likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by MagusUnion View Post
    Not exactly.. you used to leave 2 levels prior to maxing our your character on said content (58 for the Dark Portal, 68 for Northrend)... Now you actually have to stay in your content for the whole haul that an 'expansion' of WoW would carry you, assuming as if you didn't have the next content expansion yet...
    I thought the general population of MMO-Champion was supposed to be smarter and more informed than the general WoW population? The above quote is false. You do not HAVE to stay in the zones until 60/70/80, you can leave at 58/68/78, like the previous expansions. As the blue post stated, this change was only made so you would go out and experience new content, not farm old mobs/content to level.
    Subject: Re: What MMO did you come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spamaspell
    None, wow is my first and I love it, actually I love it so much I got full epic before losing my virginity
    TarzoEzio - "Got danm it have paitance"

Quote Originally Posted by Xelestial View Post
    They're just trying to make sure people aren't doing green quests...i.e. I was contemplating maybe keeping one of my alts in Northrend until like 82 or something. If I didn't hate Northrend so much anyway. They're trying to make sure you are experiencing "on level" new content.
    Yeah, again they are trying to force people to do what blizzard wants. What if someone liked to do the old quests? They can still do it but now they are mostly wasting their time. Golf clap blizzard

I dont like it. Another hard to notice mechanic to be aware of - you get screwed if you havent seen the blue post. I have to admit i moved to Outland on my newly leveled toon at something like 62, but purely becouse i returned few quests and completed dungeon run - and i dont see nothing bad about that.

There used to be inflation system that new content gave you much more xp/money that it wasnt desirable to stay in old content. Sounds like Blizzard is running out of integer bandwith

First, lets yank the portals out of Dalaran, so as to herd people back to the old world... Now, discourage anyone from finishing up "old" content to herd them to the next expansion's content.

Please note the word "herd"... I'm not a sheep, and I really have to ask myself if I want to pay another $40 and $15 a month for the "privilege" of being treated like a herbivore.

Deleted
    Neptulon 5h - 85 lvl one paladin

Lets clear this up for people:

1) This change ONLY affects mobs, NOT quest XP. Since quest XP is a huge bulk of XP gain, there is no issue and questers will see very little change.
    2) This change was made for one reason alone: people who were planning on grinding Wrath heroics to 85 or any mob in wrath. This forces everyone to the new content, and a level playing field
    3) The minimum level is 58 for BC, 68 for Wrath, 80 for Cata. All quests listed on the Vashj'ir and Hyjal pages, when clicked say "Requires Level 80"

SO THATS WHY MY new recent hunter pet took FOREVER to level up >.<

the previous ones leveled from lvl77 to lvl80 in about 3 dungeon runs. the last one took ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Krab View Post
    No, this means that you DON'T want to stay in azeroth once you hit 60, you DON'T want to stay in outlands when you hit 70, and you DON'T want to stay in northrend once you hit 80. Essentially it is saying that once you outlevel the content, you should move on. You can still go to outlands at 58, northrend at 68, and potentially cataclysm zones once you hit 78 (although I do not know what level the mobs and quests are, so this might not be ideal).

Krab
    It'll be 80 for Cataclysm stuff. You can NOT do the 80 - 85 zones as a 78. You don't get any quests until 80.

Quote Originally Posted by swampsquatch View Post
    I thought the general population of MMO-Champion was supposed to be smarter and more informed than the general WoW population? The above quote is false. You do not HAVE to stay in the zones until 60/70/80, you can leave at 58/68/78, like the previous expansions. As the blue post stated, this change was only made so you would go out and experience new content, not farm old mobs/content to level.
    And this post is incorrect. 0 cataclysm content until 80 this time, not 2 levels prior (78)

So so much comprehension fail in these replies....

This change is not forcing you to stay in old zones til 60, 70, and 80. It's encouraging you to get the hell out of old zones so you can continue to level quickly.

ANNNND THEN All servers got cata enable'd

Aww I cant log in

Deleted
    Best of luck lads!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    First, lets yank the portals out of Dalaran, so as to herd people back to the old world... Now, discourage anyone from finishing up "old" content to herd them to the next expansion's content.

Please note the word "herd"... I'm not a sheep, and I really have to ask myself if I want to pay another $40 and $15 a month for the "privilege" of being treated like a herbivore.
    baaa

baaa
    Ewe wouldn't kid me, would ewe?

This is Bullshit!, once again blizzard forces players to do things their way. I dont want to go to feckin Hiyal to fight with 50 people over one mob.
    FAIL!

Deleted
    lulz
    Sounds like the shiny new World realy catches on, if Blizzard is in the need of forcing the player into it at any cost ( Remove Portals, Reduce XP Gain in Old World ). Glad i dont play this game anymore, what a Mockery.

:>

Quote Originally Posted by Udderchaos View Post
    i dont quite get this so what this means is that you pretty much have to stay in azeroth till 60, outlands till 70 and northrend to 80?
    It means that you will gain 10% of normal experience gained in azeroth when you are lvl 60 or more, 10% of normal experience gained in outlands when you are lvl 70 or more and so on

It should have really been set to Expansion Max Level + 1

I like to clean out my quest logs and really do enjoy the new content is Azeroth.