Spriest Power Aura

i wished blizz gave spriests a power aura ring when you got ATLEAST one shadow orb
    now i have to take my eyes off of the action sometimes

P.s. for those who didnt know already MB is useless w/o atleast 1 orb
    (it hits as hard as a DV refresh)

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you know what Powerauras actually is :|
    In case you didn't, it's an addon that can be completely customized as to when a certain design will pop up on your screen according to [x].
    x=buffs, buff stacks, target health, own health, own mana, targets buffs, ...
    If you don't have a power aura for something you need, the addon is helpful. There's a few things that Blizzard could have added but they probably didn't want there to be too many power auras flashing.

If you happen to get the powerauras addon, you should probably set it to activate on each stack of shadow orbs(I'm assuming the buff does stack?) and have your design change/add to know how many stacks you have.
    Last edited by Whisperawr; 2010-12-07 at 02:23 AM.

I personally use the power aura addon for tracking this.
    1 orb = small green aura
    2 orbs = medium yellow aura
    3 orbs = big red aura

Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    I personally use the power aura addon for tracking this.
    1 orb = small green aura
    2 orbs = medium yellow aura
    3 orbs = big red aura
    I like what you did, what do you have planned for tracking stacks of evangilism?

Deleted
    if MB is useless without at least one orb. i tend to only use with 3 orbs at which point spriest get the nice glowing aura about the mb button. why do need auras for 1 or 2 orbs ???

10+ Year Old Account
    Couple of things:

1. The wiki for Power Auras has a decent set of auras to start with for spriests, including a very nice one for orbs that clearly shows how many you have up. I loaded them up and tweaked them here and there and they are a good place to start. They also have one for mob health at 25% for SW. Just google it.

2. Use MB on cooldown. Don't wait for 3 orbs. As of now, it's pretty much a minor DPS loss to wait. Of course, this is somewhat gear dependent but the general consensus I'm seeing now is to use it on cooldown.

My two cents. But really, check out the Power Auras wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajtbagger View Post
    if MB is useless without at least one orb. i tend to only use with 3 orbs at which point spriest get the nice glowing aura about the mb button. why do need auras for 1 or 2 orbs ???
    The purpose of MB is no longer one of DPS but utility. You save it for right before you need to re apply VT or DP. Regarless if you have 1 or 3 orbs you cast MB before re applying dots. If you always use MB on cd you may end up burning your orbs and not have any when you need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryinmilkme View Post
    I like what you did, what do you have planned for tracking stacks of evangilism?
    hmm, haven't really considered that yet. I'm guessing Power Auras again. Atm I'm still deciding if it is worth tracking every single stack of Evangelism. I am thinking of just making an aura for the 5th stack ONLY. And then make another aura for Archangel being off CD. This makes a total of 4 different auras: Shadow Orbs, Shadowfiend, Evangelism, Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajtbagger View Post
    I use aura for 1 and 2 orbs because I cast MB if there are 2 orbs and sometimes 1 orb (definitely won't cast if there's no orbs). This is why I have to use an aura for 1 and 2 orbs.
    Last edited by zsun; 2010-12-08 at 08:22 AM.