So tell me about Rogues….

I’m not really interested in the QQ; I’ve played on and off long enough to know that things change all the time.

I’m more interested in the PVE side as well, though I’d love one day to be at least okay at PVP (skill wise, not class wise).

I’ve been playing with a Warrior so far as a melee class and I’ve enjoyed the first 15 or so levels a lot. Hunters are fun as well, but the tonne of buttons everywhere is a semi turn off. I’m not looking for a simple class per se, just tidy.

I’ve played a Paladin to 70 and a Priest to 62 by comparison.

I love the idea of Shadowstep, but understand it’s limited to one spec (I’d be 100% sold on playing a Rogue if it was baseline… I love abilities that make it easier to hop from one mob to another).

I’m trying to decide on what pure DPS class I want to play, as I’m not really interested in hybrids, because every time I roll one, I never roll anything else! They will come after this time.

rogues are pretty fun, esp at 80 / 85, i roll mutilate spec but a lot of people really like the new sub spec and it's viable now, they have varying difficulty in rotations so you can start out with something Medium - Combat, move on to something a tad harder - Assassination, or go for broke and try Sub which is pretty tough to max out DPS on, but it has a good range of medium to hard rotations. I think rogue is a lot of fun for pve

they're pretty damn fun, you have entire bars filled with abilities to manipulate battles to your favor. If you want tons of [pun] tricks of the trade [/pun], join the rogue class.

The part that cemented it for me was when I was getting the mallet of zul'farrak. I COULD have went through the entire multi-layed troll city, murdering them all and probably dying a few times on the way up if I wasn't a rogue. I just walked right through them all, sapped the mob nearest the altar, got my item, and while I was there finished the sharpbeak quest that was up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.