Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    isnt the anonymity of the internet a beautiful thing.

WOW is a competitive game, whether it was intended or not. Anything where you can do something first or better or faster than others is going to be a competition, its human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferato View Post
    hmm i see similarities to this years le tour de france, contador won but moral winner was schlek, athene is the winner but smasher is the moral winner in most ppl eyes.
    How is Smasher the moral winner when he wasnt even 2nd ? http://www.wowprogress.com/char_level/
    "The world of games is in a kind of a trance. People are programmed to accept so little. But the possibilities are so great"

Stop posting about who is 2nd 3rd and 4th. Noone cares

Grats on that quiet an achievement!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a bit difficulty with tagging being immoral. He and his team agreed to go for it, so they did, and they won. Here's to guessing they're not the only ones that tried. Just because you can't get the team for it or can't be bothered to do it or don't like to do it this way (probably all three would apply to me) doesn't mean it's stupid if someone else does things this way. It's a valid way to play the game (as blues have said), so if they enjoy it, let them.
    It's faster than I expected it would be though, and so is Smasher. I expected dinging once in cataclysm should take considerably longer than dinging once in wotlk, apparently I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebes View Post
    Funny Screenshot

You would think people would be crazy about leveling in CATA, WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGscreenshot was taken 1/2 hour after cata luanched.
    You do realize that the search term "80" ONLY shows level 80 players... right?
    I don't see how it's funny or surprising that there are still 49+ level 80 players shortly after release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diagonal View View Post
    Because no else did it, the dedication this guy had to hit 85 first is hardcore, and somewhat an inspiration. This guy has dedication, and it shows.
    Are you for serious?

like Ray William Johnson says : FAKE AND GAY
    For the Glory of Mankind

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manorak View Post
    WOW is a competitive game, whether it was intended or not. Anything where you can do something first or better or faster than others is going to be a competition, its human nature.
    i never said it's not.

sure PvP is greatest competition showing clearly who's better. sure achievements give a
    snippet of someone dedication - more time spend in the game, etc. after all they were created
    to give people new purpose and keep them withing the game.

all I'm saying is when people turn the game into "need to be first"
    fest only, game's pretty much dead. and if these are sole purposes,
    once your hit/level/gear capped, you should stop playing because
    you got it all (should you ?)

---------- Post added 2010-12-07 at 11:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lvlark View Post
    He and his team agreed to go for it, so they did, and they won.
    what exactly did they won ? the game ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shulman View Post
    How is Smasher the moral winner when he wasnt even 2nd ? http://www.wowprogress.com/char_level/
    Kinda funny that people keep raving about him like he is the new king when he was 28th

(no diss to smasher, i only know him from this thread)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedoso View Post
    70-80 was about 27 hours for world first if I remember rightly.
    Incorrect. Athene used 13 hours to reach 79, (before he was set down to 70 and banned)
    Nyhm was world first with 17 hours.

Deleted
    The 'firsts' portion of the game is just a small piece strived for by a small portion of the playerbase and has been a part of the game for as long as it has been played I would imagine. By its very nature as a constantly evolving mmo there isn't an end or a winner the first to 85 will be replaced by the first raid boss dead and so on and so on.
    The 'need to be first 85' is the same as beating a raidboss or winning a pvp match its the positive outcome of a competitive event. There will always be those that get there first or do things faster that will use cheesy tactics or have 'no life' or do things that you wouldnt do etc etc, what it boils down to is they did it first and if you had the same determination/dedication/resources you would do the same thing.

Why are people caring this much about world firsts? It's a goddamn game. OMG WORLDS FIRST BOWSER KILL MARIO GALAXY 2 OMG US/EU/ATHENE/MONLEYWAFFLES!

I swear fanboyism reaches new extremes on a daily basis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyFuS View Post
    Incorrect. Athene used 13 hours to reach 79, (before he was set down to 70 and banned)
    Nyhm was world first with 17 hours.
    Incorrect. Nyhm was 27 hours and athene wasnt the one being leveled

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGX View Post
    Why are people caring this much about world firsts? It's a goddamn game. OMG WORLDS FIRST BOWSER KILL MARIO GALAXY 2 OMG US/EU/ATHENE/MONLEYWAFFLES!

I swear fanboyism reaches new extremes on a daily basis.
    Same reason some people care about who won the Superbowl or the Worldcup.
    "The world of games is in a kind of a trance. People are programmed to accept so little. But the possibilities are so great"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Tails Prower View Post
    Grats to him if he did it legitimately. Not-grats (Not a word?) if he didn't. Still, I'm going to take it slow. Not interested in server first anything, really.
    Same here, Not really into the " hurry up and wait " thing.

---------- Post added 2010-12-07 at 06:23 AM ----------

After reading further in this post I have come to this conclusion. People will ride anyone's coat tails. So you have time to " take off work", " miss class" or just sit around. This is a game. Why are we fighting on here over how competive Warcraft is and Idolizing someone who got a world first? I play this game for fun, but I am going to say this. you are just pushing buttons, it's not like it takes any skill. I know some classes who can roll their face on a keyboard and kill someone in pvp.
    How does it feel knowing you just got owned by a girl?

lol, why does everyone keep refering to Athene as him. Isnt athene a girl? Tania anyone?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
    lol, why does everyone keep refering to Athene as him. Isnt athene a girl? Tania anyone?
    Athene is an act by a dude names chiren

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferato View Post
    hmm i see similarities to this years le tour de france, contador won but moral winner was schlek, athene is the winner but smasher is the moral winner in most ppl eyes.
    the achiv is for 1 person to reach lvl 85 first, athene reached first but he didnt do it alone,
    as for myself i dont find mob tagging to be proud of i mean you tag the mob you dont kill or do the most dmg to it, at least smasher got some lore and quest done, but i guess athene can get lots of gold now doing them quest at max lvl

gz to them both
    apologies, I mean of the ofc the one who got first not using mob tagging, as i only read 15 first pages, and thought I gz them

Quote Originally Posted by KidCracken View Post
    Athene is an act by a dude names chiren
    Ahhh ok then, that makes that a little easier to understand haha, I think the fact that the twitter account used is owned by Tania which seemed to confuse me haha.