Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There's probably a reason he's not streaming.

Just saying.

they're just blaming him because he's good.

Deleted
    Its okay by me..

I dont really care about peoples level when im not even on the same realm ..

Quote Originally Posted by armpit View Post
    No, not yet. But he probably will be as several plp on that server say he is tagging big time.
    There's nothing wrong with tagging if he's playing with the people who are killing the mobs. If he's tagging strangers mobs, that's a different matter (violates ToU), but nothing game breaking or disallowed in tagging world mobs and somebody else killing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

How does he do it? This guy is just amazing at life

Quote Originally Posted by Janaa View Post
    There's nothing wrong with tagging if he's playing with the people who are killing the mobs. If he's tagging strangers mobs, that's a different matter (violates ToU), but nothing game breaking or disallowed in tagging world mobs and somebody else killing them.
    And chances are, at his level, there's nobody around for him to kill steal =P

Deleted
    Mob tagging is consider smart use of game mechanics, last time he got banned cuse he did it in an instance (after several GMs saying it was perfectly legal) now his doing it on the game world which it not going against any rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsw View Post
    Athene just got 85 apparently.
    source?

Quote Originally Posted by The Sauce View Post
    Are you saying WoW is life?
    /sigh, check athenes gear and compare it to the other once hes competeting against.

Also, according to his hour long video about his experience with attempting to be the world first level 80, he states that blizzard was able to ban him not because he was just mob tagging, but because he was mob tagging in an instance. The person who ended up getting world first level 80 mob tagged as well, but did it in the open world, not in an instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    If blizz perma-banned athene for however he is lvling this time that would be the most ridiculously hilarious wow related thing ever
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

There's an extremely quick way to level in one of the vashjir instances solo . I'm surprised no one did it. I expect they'd probably get banned I guess, even though it's not breaking any rules I know of it might be considered an exploit.

I'm cheering for Athene!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Athene is mob tagging again, at least that's the rumor. Tagging is not legitimate way to reach and 85 and any achievements he receives will be removed (and will possibly be banned).
    It is legitimate, and has been responsible for both BC and CATA worldwide firsts (the recognised ones). The only reason it was revoked on Athene last time was because he was exploiting a bug to gain mass XP boosts in dungeons (through leaving group, tagging lots of mobs and having a group kill them - meaning he's the only XP recipient). It was a bug which has now been fixed, and was revoked for WOTLK. World-tagging is legitimate, and was used by each previous "first-to-xx" except Vanilla.

EDIT: As someone else mentioned before - Athene actually cleared the dungeon bug method with GMs before and they OKd it, saying it was a use of the game mechanics, so I was gutted when he got banned and achv revoked. Apparently, superior GMs decided that no, it wasn't "fair" to exploit a design bug in dungeons for this purpose. However - that's not the case in this instance. World tagging is completely legitimate.
    Last edited by Janaa; 2010-12-07 at 04:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Meh, Athene's a lame ass anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sauce View Post
    Are you saying WoW is life?
    Hes a poker star, a 1337 King, has a hot ass girlfriend, a pimp ass best friend, an awesome mom. Thats a pretty awesome life.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombikilla View Post
    source?
    He hasn't yet, still 84.

hes still 84... right?

no1's gonna hit 85 3+ hours before the US gets it.....right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombikilla View Post
    hes still 84... right?

no1's gonna hit 85 3+ hours before the US gets it.....right?
    He is 84 now, so he will get it before America gets it.

I suspect this thread will grow to innumerable numbers before 3AM tonight. I also suspect it will involve the following issues:

The Morality of said leveling method
    No life statements
    Congratulatory, well done, pat on the back statements
    And correctional statements to other people on the forums.
    Upset that Europe Got Server first and not America.