Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skyesfury View Post
    And when someone goes it in less time, what's he going to say? Is he going to play the "EU servers were up first" card? Cuz he's just enough of a schmuck to do it. Athene has been lame since day 1.
    Honestly, he's a pretty cool guy. Not sure why there is so much hate for him on here. Try actually watching some of his non-athene videos, please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Edited the OP.

PLEASE don't bash each other (or Athene), everyone. It makes me a sad panda.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Zinspawn View Post
    Hmm, what happened last time Athene got "first" in anything?
    lol.

Don't ban me bro, don't ban me! Well that's good for him I suppose. I bet he does it "legal" this time.

Hope he hurries up and does it at any rate because I'm sick and tired of his fanboys/fangirls freaking out over it.

"I want a Tier that actually looks stereotypical.
    Hunter in camo; Rogue in ninja gear; Priest in a prison uniform - that sort of thing."

Honestly, the game first 85 should be given to somebody who doesnt tag. I dont care if blizz says its acceptable or not. Its shady and it requires other people doing the work for you. I am pretty impressed with the Smashed stream and if he is 85 first (legitimately in my book) I say give it to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    From looking at smasher's gear and achievements you can tell he has reached a high level of play the true test of excelling at the game vs. just making crazy videos and finding ways to score fame points. You might say the comparison is of say a peyton manning vs. paris hiltion. Both are rich and famous for totally different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrelliana View Post
    From looking at smasher's gear and achievements you can tell he has reached a high level of play the true test of excelling at the game vs. just making crazy videos and finding ways to score fame points. You might say the comparison is of say a peyton manning vs. paris hiltion. Both are rich and famous for totally different reasons.
    Athene has more then 1 Paladin, his Forscience is only pretty recent

15+ Year Old Account
    Did Athene just get busted down, I armoried him earlier and he was at 83 or 84 now it's showing him at 80.

insane stuff o.O I guess though if you get ahea quickly the zones are empty enough to quest well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rystastic View Post
    Your gear is completely irrelevant when you are ungrouped, running around judging 30+ mobs and having a swarm of people kill these mobs that you never did anything to other than a singular attack. This way your exp gain doesn't get docked for being in a group.
    This isn't actually how it works. Experience gained is deteremined by damage done (when ungrouped) hence the warlock who got world first 80 with his pocket healer.

I -think- that Athene is using a scaled up version of the plan - with like 5-10 pocket healers.

Don't quote me, but that is my guess.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    Did Athene just get busted down, I armoried him earlier and he was at 83 or 84 now it's showing him at 80.
    armory updates after people logout. clearly he hasn't logout yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrelliana View Post
    But hey, I had no idea who smasher was till I clicked that link and sat there bored out of my mind watching him quest, when I see athene I get entertainment. Those fame points aren't worthless

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Athene is mob tagging again, at least that's the rumor. Tagging is not legitimate way to reach and 85 and any achievements he receives will be removed (and will possibly be banned).
    Mob Tagging is fine. It's totally legit. What he got banned for in wotlk was Exploiting Dungeon Mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    I like how everyone's praising this guy and saying he's a "beast" etc. It might be "legit" but it's certainly not fair; nothing that actually deserves praise.

But this is the part where I get called a "hater" and that I'm "jealous."

Riiiight.

In the race for Wrath, Nyhm didn't actually mob tag. He had a healer out of group, but he killed everything himself, just dotted the crap out every mob in the area. As a lock, he could do it pretty much just as fast as a group could as he never had to move. He did have out of group help, but not with killing mobs. Can't really call that mob tagging.

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    Naw, Armory is always buggy. It says 84 on the search page (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/search?q=forscience) but it's been saying 80 on the character sheet (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...science/simple) all along, I believe
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Deleted
    THIS IS ATHENE , with new name , he in on my server neptulon

Quote Originally Posted by depthnight View Post
    He was just 84 on the armory for me though.

athene is pretty much the stereotype of eurotrash.

>~.~> This is just asking for argument, and serves no purpose other than to annoy or offend... Warned. ~Raven
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2010-12-07 at 06:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by depthnight View Post
    Read my post, I did it earlier >1hr and it showed him at 83 or 84. Now why would it do that and then show him at 80...hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchline View Post
    He was just 84 on the armory for me though.
    yes but, on his armory page, it won't show him as 84-85 UNTIL he logs out