Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Tails Prower View Post
    In the end, only one person gets the trophy. Athene may get recognition for earning world's first 85, but he will ultimately be left without the trophy to prove it. All he will have left is videos and war stories.

But I guess sometimes being a hero isn't about shiny medals. It's about inspiring people.
    if a 5hours long fraps and plenty of screenshots isnt enough proff then nothing is rly. everyone will know he got world first, so at the end of the day getting the achievement first doesnt mean anything..

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    wondering same thing
    I do believe they do. They just don't "Level" with you after 80, but still provide EXP bonus. Someone asked a similar question weeks before Cataclsym was released. No one had any concrete answer, but it was said by many that this was the case.

if a 5hours long fraps and plenty of screenshots isnt enough proff then nothing is rly. everyone will know he got world first, so at the end of the day getting the achievement first doesnt mean anything..
    Not what I meant, but sure, I'll go with it. Difficult to explain, but I'm not knocking Athene. I don't agree or disagree that he was server first. All I said is that he won't have a trophy to show off his victory. Just tales of it.

i guess athene won? He got to 85 1 hour ago the bastard:O

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ce/achievement

Not what I meant, but sure, I'll gow ith it.[/QUOTE]

just wanna clarify to others that we got plenty of proofs and that he really is world first

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Tails Prower View Post
    I do believe they do. They just don't "Level" with you after 80, but still provide EXP bonus. Someone asked a similar question weeks before Cataclsym was released. No one had any concrete answer, but it was said by many that this was the case.

Not what I meant, but sure, I'll gow ith it.
    Nah, that isn't it. I know that there was a bug in beta where the exp boost worked up until level 81, but they fixed it a month ago.

I'm not sure really why he used them. Maybe his gear just sucked in those 2 slots?
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Nah, that isn't it. I know that there was a bug in beta where the exp boost worked up until level 81, but they fixed it a month ago.

I'm not sure really why he used them. Maybe his gear just sucked in those 2 slots?
    Possibly, but that may be what I'm referring to. The bug in which you mention. Since this took place during Beta, it's quite possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Blakkwater View Post
    Hallelujah, I'm here to enjoy the game, too.
    You think Athene didn't enjoy what he did? That he isn't enjoying himself right now?

You're deluding yourself if you think that the vast majority of people in WoW aren't doing whatever it is they're doing because they have FUN doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by phalaxx View Post
    Not what I meant, but sure, I'll gow ith it.

just wanna clarify to others that we got plenty of proofs and that he really is world first
    All that matters is that he is happy. If he's happy with the outcome, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

So how long until Blizzard finds the exploit he used and bans him again?
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

Dare I say it,
    There no longer is a "world" first
    Euro-First
    Us-First
    World-First is a dead concept Ty Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    So how long until Blizzard finds the exploit he used and bans him again?
    He was mob tagging outdoors. The same method that was used by the player who got the level 80 world first. It wasn't bannable then, and shouldn't be now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardorian View Post
    Dare I say it,
    Euro-First
    Us-First
    You do realise release dates are closer to eachother now than before? EU has always had to deal with it before, when US got the releases earlier.

they wont ban him, its legimate what he did. last time when he got banned they exploited a bug really. the mob tagging method he did this time is a hundered percent legimate, everyone can do it, its really easy.. wondering why noone else did it really

hmm.. "Smart use of game mechanics"... really? You honestly believe that huh? Its manipulating the game mechanic that was designed to prevent kill stealing.
    ... So, whats to gain for the people that spent the last 6 hours doing nothing but killing mobs for one person? 20K gold that can be brought over in a transfer? or was something else exchanged?

Eh, whatever, You want Kill stealing, why not head over to AION, you can go play with Serenity.. I'm sure he is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by phalaxx View Post
    they wont ban him, its legimate what he did. last time when he got banned they exploited a bug really. the mob tagging method he did this time is a hundered percent legimate, everyone can do it, its really easy.. wondering why noone else did it really
    Mostly because it requires an agreement to be made with the person and a group of people. Deciding who gets the world first, and then convincing people to do it for you. In truth, Athene's guild did all the work. Athene just filmed it and took the credit. As far as I'm concerned, it was a joint effort, but that's just one fox's opinion..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardorian View Post
    Dare I say it,
    Euro-First
    Us-First
    Excellent first post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Meh, Im going to take my time and enjoy all the new zones instead of rushing to lvl 85

I think people just want to hate to hate. All this talk about legitimate or illegitimate when the method he got banned for last time was approved by GMs when he asked if it was legal, and the method he is (believed to be) using now has been used legally in the past. I am no fan boy, to be honest I never really pay attention to world firsts because they don't concern me, but my research done since this topic started, and time spent waiting for US cata, I see no reason to hate on the guy.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Quote Originally Posted by Kayko View Post
    hmm.. "Smart use of game mechanics"... really? You honestly believe that huh? Its manipulating the game mechanic that was designed to prevent kill stealing.
    ... So, whats to gain for the people that spent the last 6 hours doing nothing but killing mobs for one person? 20K gold that can be brought over in a transfer? or was something else exchanged?

Eh, whatever, You want Kill stealing, why not head over to AION, you can go play with Serenity.. I'm sure he is still there.
    excactly, smart use of game mechanics.. it worked out rly well didnt it, he got world first way before any other guy.. so it seems pretty clever to me.

and as for the the other guys that helped him out, well it was fun really, we were a part of it and he couldn't have done it without us so i found it fun really, just beeing a part of the whole thing. it's kind of a big achievement to reach world first in a game played by 12million people if u ask me

lol, hits 85 before the US can even play the damn game. that's kinda awesome.