Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grats to Athene on world first 85, However what's with all the science crap at the end of his videos now?

It sucks that he uses his fame from his CHARACTER athene to promote other things he is doing outside of wow . Im just saying people only care about anything he says because of his character athene I could give a crap less about his science discovery . Athene as a character was very entertaining I looked forward to new episodes but the actual guy who plays athene is pretty annoying .

I just can't believe people care so much about World First 85 (or world first anything for that matter). It doesn't really affect any of us. He certainly doesn't deserve any respect or adoration for leveling quickly.

Creating 35 page threads about it just serves to feed this guy's already substantial ego. Let it go and enjoy the game.

On a side note, I think all World and Realm first achievements should be permanently removed, including for raiding. I don't think the behaviour they encourage is healthy for the players or the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phibi View Post
    But Blizzard could easily fix that.
    I mean probably nobody is group-leveling anymore anyway now.
    So you just make it like that : Outside of Dungeons you only get the XP for the Damage you do on the monsters.
    1% damage on a monsters -> 1% XP of the monsters.
    No matter if you're in a group or not. If you don't kill the mob, you don't deserve the xp.
    With dual spec and a DD spec for every class there's also no QQ possible. Playing a healer outside of dungeons/raids is dumb anyway.

Wanna see how that douche could level like that then
    Imagine the QQ when people start stealing your xp

Quote Originally Posted by KidCracken View Post
    Imagine the QQ when people start stealing your xp
    Only counts for people in the same group.
    Outside of groups its the old "monster is flagged -> no xp for you buddy" system.
    Deal with it...

Honestly I was hoping world first 85 would occur a week AFTER release. The fact that it happened 6 hours is just saddening to me.

Need any help here on the forums? Just PM and I'll be more then glad to help you!

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebes View Post
    Athene is World First 85
    I dont even need to view that link, i just know he bugged something like last time. /FAIL
    Hope u get banned again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phibi View Post
    Only counts for people in the same group.
    Outside of groups its the old "monster is flagged -> no xp for you buddy" system.
    So if a group want to level together and one wants to be healer he should get no xp?

Outside of group the way you described is the way he used.. so whats the point of changing anything then? (since you post in this thread i assume its related to athene's method?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deathmetalzf View Post
    Honestly I was hoping world first 85 would occur a week AFTER release. The fact that it happened 6 hours is just saddening to me.
    It happened in 27 hours for WotLK to 80 by Nymh after Athene and others got banned. Why did you give yourself hope?

Deleted
    Argaloth down'd by Ensidia

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    It happened in 27 hours for WotLK to 80 by Nymh after Athene and others got banned. Why did you give yourself hope?
    Nah, I'm not interested in world first. Though that does change my misconception that it took a good number of days for people in the past to get world first level#.

Need any help here on the forums? Just PM and I'll be more then glad to help you!

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post
    Idk what the hubub of first to 85 is when it is a 5 hour trip. Leveling is that much of an accomplishment now compared to hitting 60 imo.
    Its not a 5 hour trip. Its 5 hours when you are absolutely thundering through and utilizing fringe like mechanics, but for the average player, 5 hours is a monumental feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrra Coventry View Post
    ...but...ummm...aren't you belittling people who belittle others...? ~giggles~
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I almost read most of this, but I was just alluding to the fact that this is a pattern of behavior for him not really something he does just in one scenario.

Your rambling was amusing however, thanks for that.
    You ever heard of the saying " Intolerance shall not be tolerated"?
    There is absolutely no reason to be tolerant towards people that do not show the slightest hint of tolerance.
    It's also a psychological tool that did its job.

also if you want to break it down to pieces. i wasn't even belittling anyone. I was merely stating facts that have served themselves without me even needing to give examples. my post simply summed it all up.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

Quote Originally Posted by KidCracken View Post
    So if a group want to level together and one wants to be healer he should get no xp?

Outside of group the way you described is the way he used.. so whats the point of changing anything then? (since you post in this thread i assume its related to athene's method?)
    Ah crap, i totally forgot that. Sorry, not enough sleep last night.
    Well then you might really think about a general "you only get as much XP as you do damage"-thingie.
    Cause seriously...how often do you run across peoples nowadays while leveling?

Most people go for dungeons so they could easily implement it.
    Even if it needs some finetuning they should really think about it.
    Would make things at least interesting cause you know who REALLY worked something out to get 85 and not only a "who gets more guildies who are dumb enough to help him by killing the mobs he tags"
    Deal with it...

this is geting ridiculous, people calling athene a no lifer for playing for 5hrs (didnt know that was no lifing now) calling him a troll etc..,(it is all just an act), complaining about the way he has lvled, it is perfectly legit and it will never change being the best way to do it, he will not get banned, athene hasnt boasted about being number 1, he actually commented saying it was the other people who deserve the respect so stfu complaining about him.
    He has got world first wether u like it or not and no he didnt do it in an "unfair" way, anyone else could have done it he just did it quicker than them, if people want world first and decide to quest its their own fault for choosing the slower method.
    GZ Athene and all who helped him.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    1) I think it would be technically MUCH harder than you think to make such a change.
    2) It would add a lot of overhead to the at least the server if not everyone's clients to do such calculations. Can you imagine how many mobs get killed all the time in an MMO...
    3) Having to partition XP like that in a group would be a unpleasant on resources on a large scale.
    People just love to argue about stuff they have no clue, don't they? The vast majority of MMOs worked with % Exp based on how much damage you done to the mob. World of Warcraft was one of the 1st games to effective introduce mob tagging, simply to avoid something all other games had: kill stealing. Specially in games with lack of quests, like Priston Tale, that the only way to level is to grind, to have a hunter to shoot down your mobs and get more Exp than you sucks.

Don't assume something is hard only because you have no clue how it's done...

Lady of the Lore Syrra Coventry's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshiva View Post
    You ever heard of the saying " Intolerance shall not be tolerated"?
    There is absolutely no reason to be tolerant towards people that do not show the slightest hint of tolerance.
    It's also a psychological tool that did its job.

also if you want to break it down to pieces. i wasn't even belittling anyone. I was merely stating facts that have served themselves without me even needing to give examples. my post simply summed it all up.
    Actually you did... however, that aside... we have a case of:

Joke

You

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalwolf View Post
    People just love to argue about stuff they have no clue, don't they? The vast majority of MMOs worked with % Exp based on how much damage you done to the mob. World of Warcraft was one of the 1st games to effective introduce mob tagging, simply to avoid something all other games had: kill stealing. Specially in games with lack of quests, like Priston Tale, that the only way to level is to grind, to have a hunter to shoot down your mobs and get more Exp than you sucks.

Don't assume something is hard only because you have no clue how it's done...
    Totally off-topic, but: who cares how the vast majority of MMOs works? This site is about WoW. I don't have to be an expert in every MMO in existence in order to comment on what I have played! In addition, there is no MMO that is or ever has been even in the same league of success as WoW as far as I know. In terms of scale at any level, including technical, it dwarfs all others it may as well be in a category of its own.

You cannot argue that this proposal to XP change would not require more real-time work than it does now as well as all other changes to support that (point 2 - no assumption). You cannot argue that more real-time work would not be required when multiple players damage the same mob (point 3 - no assumption).

In addition, you cannot argue that this would help in anyway against gamers who go out of their way to use fringe mechanics or other non-encouraged playstyles in order to beat the competition - since they would always find a way to do this under ANY system. Finally, you cannot reasonably argue that this proposal is not something that Blizzard couldn't have thought of and implemented themselves after 6 years on the world's most successful MMO if they thought it would work.

I did not make an assumption on my first point (changing from the current system). I said "I think", as in "I believe" or "I speculate" or "I guesstimate" - that leaves plenty of room for uncertainty if you understand English. If you have supporting information to the contrary as applicable to WoW as it is now, then please enlighten all of us. Otherwise, don't assume I assumed anything since I certainly didn't.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-12-07 at 10:11 PM.

It's fascinating that this is such a big deal for so many people.

Pretty clever idea.