Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[TV] Boardwalk Empire

Did anyone catch the season finale? What were your thoughts?!
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2010-12-09 at 03:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haven't watched the season finale. Actually just started with episode one! So far I'm loving it

Mod necro? What is this.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad View Post
    Mod necro? What is this.
    Derp derp. Necroing a relevant thread doesn't count..

(any off-topic thread that can be revived if relevant information or discussion is introduced. )

Want opinions on the series. Loving it so far
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-06-15 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Derp derp. Necroing a relevant thread doesn't count..

(any off-topic thread that can be revived if relevant information or discussion is introduced. )

Want opinions on the series. Loving it so far
    It's a great show, can't wait for the second season. Especially after the season finale.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Really need to make time to watch this

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gossipgirlexoh View Post
    Really need to make time to watch this
    Aye. About 6 episodes in now. Really worth the watch. Some of the acting is amazing, and there are a few Sopranos starts I've spotted.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a great series. Not my favourite HBO Original (but it has a lot of competition) but very good. A lot of people didn't like Buscemi as a choice for the lead, but I think he's great. Also always glad to see Kelly McDonald in stuff.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2011-06-17 at 04:38 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Maybe I'll give it another go. It didn't really captivate me as I had hoped. Only got about 3 episodes in though.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I got bored after 8 episodes, I don't know why, it's a good series but, eh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very good series. Very well acted. And I love Buscemi as the lead - screw the haters.

That said, it really does need to pick up the pace. And if they cancel it, give me a spinoff with Capone. That guy is great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you kidding? Buscemi makes the series. He has a great way of being very serious and comedic at the same time.

Also loving the actress that plays Margaret Schroeder. Kelly McDonald.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you kidding? Buscemi makes the series. He has a great way of being very serious and comedic at the same time.
    Everyone likes him but there was a lot of criticism over him being cast for that role. When the show was premiering, most of the reviews ranged from "it's great, but I'm not sure I like Buscemi as lead" or "it's great, but Buscemi was miscast." I think the most favourable of any I read said something like "Buscemi was a very risky choice but he pulled it off."

I don't know why, but I think he's perfect for how the character is working out. But I didn't know too much about the person his character was inspired by, maybe he was supposed to be totally different and just got Buscemi-ised.

Also loving the actress that plays Margaret Schroeder. Kelly McDonald.
    Yes, she is great. I haven't seen her in anything in years (although it appears she's been working lately just not things I've seen) and was really glad to see her pop up in this.

ALSO.

Michael K. Williams, the guy that plays Chalky White. Is. Completely. Awesome.

Anyone who has seen The Wire (HBO's best show of many) knows and loves him from his character there. My feelings for seeing him cast in Boardwalk Empire could be described as nothing short of giddy, hand-flapping glee. Aside from liking the actor, his character is pretty interesting (sort of the unofficial leader of the Atlantic City black community) and I hope we see more with him and some expansion on that aspect of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    And if they cancel it, give me a spinoff with Capone. That guy is great.
    Tommy!

(I am in the terrible habit of picking a name for an actor based on one role they played and forever calling them that name. He will always be Tommy to me.)

Yeah, another great casting there. He's certain doing well with the acting, and I think he looks the part too.

Oh, I also like the guy playing Harrow. I think he's excellent. I don't know him from anywhere else, just some no-name that came up and impressed me.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2011-06-17 at 04:55 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The first season was quite good. At first I wasn't sure that Buscemi is right for the role, but he managed to play it quite well. The show wouldn't be the same without him.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-06-17 at 08:19 PM.

Tommy!

(I am in the terrible habit of picking a name for an actor based on one role they played and forever calling them that name. He will always be Tommy to me.)
    Me too. Every time me or my brother see him we always refer to him as tommy
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Michael K. Williams, the guy that plays Chalky White. Is. Completely. Awesome.
    Yes! Definitely an actor that needs more roles. Was great in the wire, although I hate how they killed him off. Seemed very anti-climactic. Also Off-Topic. Chalky is a great character here. I hope there is more development in the next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    This season is freaking amazing! Think that it has become my new favorite show on now that Breaking Bad's finale blew my face off.

Richard is the man! Everything is shaping up to get nutz! If you are not watching this show you are missing out, big time. Already picked up for 3rd season!!!

---------- Post added 2011-10-27 at 04:22 PM ----------

Yes! Definitely an actor that needs more roles. Was great in the wire, although I hate how they killed him off. Seemed very anti-climactic. Also Off-Topic. Chalky is a great character here. I hope there is more development in the next season.
    Hell ya! Love his characters. Seeing Omar get capped by that little bed wetter really pissed me off. He deserved better, but it did an excellent job of showing the changing of the guard.

I hope Chalky gets to be a big player in the rest of the season. Seeing as his operation got shot up, I think he will be out for blood - hopefully w/ Richard and Jimmy going back to Knucky.
    I like sandwiches

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    This season is freaking amazing! Think that it has become my new favorite show on now that Breaking Bad's finale blew my face off.
    It really is off to a good start. I keep forgetting to watch it though, too many shows on atm.

this season is shaping up really good. I can't afford to miss this show.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm completely hooked. I had thought The Walking Dead might eclipse it, but I was wrong in a big way. I love everything about the show... best thing on HBO (or any channel for that matter) currently.