15+ Year Old Account

[Archaeology] What is this quest?

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=26431

Does anyone know if this has been implemented? Has it been asked about? Is it the first in a potential series of archaeology-related quests? Has anyone been to Gilneas to find out if it is obtainable?

The only "dailies" that have popped up so far are apparently inside instances, where if you are an archaeologist you have the chance to give buffs to party members. The profession has the potential to provide so much more for us. If the above quest is nothing and it never going to be anything, it at least points towards us being given more quests in future. After all, profession quests exist for every other profession, bar enchanting.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna investigate

Looks more like those class specific quests u get from a trainer, also these could be path of the titan leftovers

Quote Originally Posted by Sableye View Post
    Looks more like those class specific quests u get from a trainer, also these could be path of the titan leftovers
    Class ones were removed so it can't be that.

Quote Originally Posted by Syronicus View Post
    Class ones were removed so it can't be that.
    the pre-cata class specific quests have been removed and replaced with newer ones

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbernady8 View Post
    the pre-cata class specific quests have been removed and replaced with newer ones
    Yep, hence why on my character tab at Wowhead it says I haven't done 4/8 class quests. It's also how I stumbled on this archaeology one. I wonder if it is a remnant from the scrapped Path of the Titans or just something that was datamined and has now been removed from the game.

I still like to think that we will have archaeology quests to reward us in various way, as fishing and cooking do.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a bugged/scrapped version of http://www.wowhead.com/quest=24646

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I think it's a bugged/scrapped version of http://www.wowhead.com/quest=24646
    Yeah, looks like it very well could be. Ah well, one can only hope that they add real archaeology quests in future.
    For the Alliance!